Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap hotel in city center

• 01-09-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭

looking for a cheap center center hotel for next friday night for a single room, cheapest i can find is jurys inn for €49 room only, anyone else know anything cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

If you want cheap and central... wouldnt really recommend it :o but anyhoo the Railway Hotel opposite the train station, cheapest room 30 yoyos. Otherwise Jurys would probably be one of the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Not really gonna get cheaper than 49 euro unless maybe one of the travel lodges but then you gotta factor in taxi's

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Kernunos

Pery's Best Western - 52 Euros

Travel Lodge Ennis Rd - 44 Euros

Railway Hotel - 35 Euros

All three are for ensuites with free car-parking and no breakfast

This information has been brought to you by your local Tourist Office :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

cant go wrong with as some1 said above pery,s hotel,meself and the misses stayed here recently and was central to everything,bars shops etc.word of warning tough,some of the doormen in limerick are the most unprofessional doormen ive come across in all my travels all over the world.one bar(clohsey's) recommended to us bye our hotel staff stopped us cause they didnt know us and another place more or less said we wouldnt like the crowd as it was a younger generation(went down well with the misses)ha.still had a nice weekend and a nice vibe around in other pubs we visited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    word of warning tough,some of the doormen in limerick are the most unprofessional doormen ive come across in all my travels all over the world.one bar(clohsey's) recommended to us bye our hotel staff stopped us cause they didnt know us and another place more or less said we wouldnt like the crowd as it was a younger generation(went down well with the misses)ha.still had a nice weekend and a nice vibe around in other pubs we visited

Some of them are a right shower of pricks alrite on nothing more than a power trip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MaMAme

Any idea what south court is like these days? Stayed about a year ago, but I really would NOT stay again unless they had done the place up. (to me it was grotty, wouldn't use leisure centre- did not seem clean,noisy, internet in bed room did not work etc). But th location was good for me, near Raheen buisness centre. Any update ??

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

MaMAme wrote: »
    Any idea what south court is like these days? Stayed about a year ago, but I really would NOT stay again unless they had done the place up. (to me it was grotty, wouldn't use leisure centre- did not seem clean,noisy, internet in bed room did not work etc). But th location was good for me, near Raheen buisness centre. Any update ??

Boutique hotel Denmark st. Breakfast included 061 315320.won't get anything better at price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

At what price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

Boutique hotel Denmark st. Breakfast included 061 315320.won't get anything better at price

Word of warning about this place, it is above a bar called The Old Quarter, which have bands playing most weekend nights, however on the flipside, it is in the general market area, so it's near, the Icon, Smyths, nancy's, Flannery's, Molly's, Trinity Rooms, etc etc. Cruises Street (shopping) is less than a block away, as is the Saturday Market.

So if you want an early night for some bizzare reason stay away, but if you're coming to hit the town and stay out all night then it's a great spot. Not sure of prices though.

google gave: B&B pps, €35. B&B single person €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

You would say that :P

• Advertisement

foinse wrote: »
    Word of warning about this place, it is above a bar called The Old Quarter, which have bands playing most weekend nights, however on the flipside, it is in the general market area, so it's near, the Icon, Smyths, nancy's, Flannery's, Molly's, Trinity Rooms, etc etc. Cruises Street (shopping) is less than a block away, as is the Saturday Market.

So if you want an early night for some bizzare reason stay away, but if you're coming to hit the town and stay out all night then it's a great spot. Not sure of prices though.

google gave: B&B pps, €35. B&B single person €45.

Beat me too it, was just about to say..... if your staying in for cup of tea and bed for 9 then best not suited,

Bands on fri night so can be noisey.

fri night would be €49.00 including full irish in the morning, breaki will keep you going for the day!!!

Quote Boards.ie and your name to get that rate

Rgds - ken

Roadend wrote: »
    You would say that :P

i'll comp you a stay so you can see for yourself!!!!:o:o:p:o

or it can be signed over to you in the morning, you might have to take the BOI paperwork too thoough!!!! its the high life :)

Advertisement