Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

go karting and airsoft

Options
  • 01-09-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I see both have opened recently in town. good to see some new businesses and alternatives to the pub coming to town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

any details on the go-karting. Had heard rumors that it was going in down where brooks was previously but not much more on it.
    Any idea what the karts or track are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thegrid.ie should have all the details on the go karting. Its down in Graigue, opposite the graigue gfc pitch. 20 euro for 15mins or 35 for an hour's tournament.

I thought 20 quid for 15 mins was expensive until I tried it. Ive been gibbering about it all week - great buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

maccored wrote: »
    I thought 20 quid for 15 mins was expensive until I tried it. Ive been gibbering about it all week - great buzz.

It IS expensive. That's actually a ridicolous price for 15 minutes.
    I guess it's a marketing ploy to get people to drive for the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What does the hour tournament involve? Do you get to race for an hour or is it like a competition with group stages and finals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

where abouts is the airsoft place??

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    What does the hour tournament involve? Do you get to race for an hour or is it like a competition with group stages and finals?

I think its group stages and a final. not too sure though. you need 8 people.

recyclebin wrote: »

http://thegrid.ie/page002.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

where abouts is the airsoft place??

it's in the back of the L&N the old supervalu Tullow street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

patrickc wrote: »
    it's in the back of the L&N the old supervalu Tullow street

It's been open quite a while. It used to be on Kennedy Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Morf wrote: »
    It's been open quite a while. It used to be on Kennedy Street.

never noticed it before or here till i was in mass and parked there sunday

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »

Not Found

The requested URL /page002.aspx was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thegrid.ie Port 80

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There is a different airsoft shop, "Quality Airsoft Supplies" near the Peugeot dealership out near the Braun factory.

Also Rapid Fire paintball host airsoft days every so often. They have great facilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

New paintball place has opened in Borris too, they were selling off VIP tickets there the week before last.

maccored wrote: »
    Not Found

The requested URL /page002.aspx was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thegrid.ie Port 80

That's odd. Site was up earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Strutter Band

sweet paintballing and karting!!

mario kart anyone ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I think if they did a half hour for €30 would be great, place I go to in Navan when I'm up there does it. Its great when there are 4 or 5 who just want to drive around and have some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Any body got any reviews on what the track here is like?
    400m seems very short compared to what am used to in Ballyhale anyways..
    agree with Hugo on the pricing but have to hand it to them the charge for an hour is competitive though.

Advertisement