Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plc registration fee

• 01-09-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi! Quick question about the registration fee for plc.
    My gf got accepted for graphic design and got a letter today stating the the 250 euro has to be paid BEFORE registration. Call me fickle but is it not a bit short notice to come up with 200 quid in like 6 days!

*Shes on a welfare payment so does she still have to pay it or does the social pay it for her?
    *Is the payment date flexible at all?
    *Can she give like a 100 deposit untill next week?

cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you will find that if she has a medical card she does not have to pay the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

With having a medical card it only took 50 euro off the 250 fee. Well for me that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Ring the college and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

the reg fee for me was 40euro.i have to pay 50 for course material and another 40 for othere stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

The registration fee is payable to the colleges and is not covered by Social Welfare or anything like that - it is used by the colleges or centres to support student services, fund clubs and societies, cover photocopying etc The €50 is FETAC Exam fees which if you have a Medical Card then you are exempt from it. I would suggest contacting the college and making arrangements to pay in small amounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

yeah the fee has to be paid, though they might give a few extra days to pay, but there's no way around it, the rest of the fees are paid by the VEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Ended up hittin the C.U! thanks for the help. It was a bit short notice is all maybe they should give u a little more time. Saying that we knew she was going for the course so no excuses really.

Advertisement