Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just back now. Shambles is too nice a word. I've never witnessed anything like that before in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just back now. Shambles is too nice a word. I've never witnessed anything like that before in my life.

Detail man.......give us the goods?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Id love some vids of this, if anyone spots one post it up. Then promptly create 10 new youtube accounts and upload over and over, cos God knows MCD will be having them pulled back down lightning quick.

Master of the Universe

They kept us waiting around 10:25pm. The support act ended around 9 I think. Lots of crowd chanting at first, which eventually turned to booing.

They finally came on and started playing.

Stopped during welcome to the jungle and Axel said something. I think he was telling people to stop booing or they'd leave the stage. Played more 3 songs after that. More booing. You could see the band didn't really know what to make of it.

After the third song Axel said 'Goodnight Folks' or something along those lines and walked off stage. There was a bottle thrown at him. I'm not sure if this happened before or after he said that.

A guy then came on stage sometime after 11 saying to give them five more minutes and they'd try to get him back out.

Another 15 minutes or so I'd had enough and decided to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They're still playing now apparently..

.. but christ, that's an absolute disgrace!

• Advertisement

Feel bad for the folks that wasted their cash on this :/ but its not like the kunts traits havent been well documented

basquille wrote: »
    They're still playing now apparently..

.. but christ, that's an absolute disgrace!
    :confused::confused: ..is that allowed? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Back myself. What a bloody disaster.

Axl Rose is an egotistical maniac. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

:confused::confused: ..is that allowed? :confused::confused:
    I thought The O2 had a curfew of 11pm alright..

.. but they must be making some sort of special allowance.

I'd say a massive portion of the crowd left.

And anyone left will have a hefty effin taxi fare to pay :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

****ing shows up at 10:30 - heard he was in the Four Seasons til then. Support act had finished an hour previously or something. No apology, strolls on, we start booing. He opens with some track off Chinese Democracy I think... then played Welcome to the Jungle, ****s up the words, stops and tells us how it's gonna be basically stop booing or he walks. So then plays "It's so Easy" (crowd cheers)/ "Mr Brownstone" and "Sorry" which was good I have to say, crowd boos again. He mumbles some hissy fit ****e and says "Goodnight" and someone threw a bottle and off he storms. Lights go up, we sit around for a half hour or so. Guy comes out and says to behave and they'll come back. I left by then. Their curfew was 11:00 appparently and it was 10:40 by then. I'm disgusted. In his own words, "Why don't you just...**** OFF?!"

Master of the Universe

The people I felt particularly sorry for were the kids. Loads of parents leaving with very unhappy looking youngsters around the 10:15pm mark. I don't blame them. The crowd were getting really really agro.

o1s1n wrote: »
    The crowd were getting really really agro.

And rightly so, hope Axl burns for this. Ya can just picture Slash when he hears about things like this :pac:

slash800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

This is disgraceful. Christ the man is old enough now to have a bit of cop on surely. Get on with the gig, win the crowd over and go off stage with everyone happy. Thats how a true legend would do it. Not like this dick that has his head stuck up his own hole. How much where tickets €60/€70? I'd be looking for some kind of refund or money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Meeha

FU*king Diva......don't know what else to say. Was looking forward to the gig and it ended up being the biggest waste of recession savings......

I know - ****ing disgrace. Had gotten ticket for my fella as a present. Worst birthday ever. I'm out 143 quid. Better get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

MCD ticket prices are still at pre-recession rip-off rates. They're too high - Only have to look at Oxegen not being sold out for evidence of this.

Commiserations to anybody who had the misfortune of paying their hard-earned cash only to be treated like SHYTE by an overpaid, selfish twat!

Anyone honestly think we can get a refund??

I saw a dude selling G n' R t shirts outside and laughed and said good luck selling those.. a little further on I saw a dude selling Iron Maiden scarves, he's shouting, "At least they played a full set" - Gotta love it! :D

Master of the Universe

Meeha wrote: »
    Anyone honestly think we can get a refund??

We ****ing well better.

• Advertisement

Doubt you will unfortunately, they got him back on stage and continued playing after all.. didnt they? I hope Im wrong in thinking that that will mean you wont get a refund

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gig is over

was over long ago, he is a sham, the musicians were good though, but he makes the band and unfortunatley he is a D**K

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Didn't something similar happen a few years ago when they played the RDS? Definately remeber him threatening to walk off stage anyway..... Think there were bottles being thrown aswell that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bloody disgrace. Wasn't there or anything, but knew a good few people heading up to it. I didn't wanna say anything, but I can't say I'm too shocked. Pity, and I hope everyone gets some sort of a refund on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

A few posters above said he asked the crowd to stop booing during welcome to the jungle. What happened was he was a wee bit in Welcome to the Jungle, a few bottles were thrown on stage, he stopped the song, said he was walking off if there was any more bottles thrown, said something about having fun and the song started again. About 2 more songs in, somebody threw a bottle on stage and he said 'goodnight' and left. About 10 mins later the guitarist came out and said they were trying to get him back onstage. The house lights came on, and I left for the bus cause I thought it was over.

I heard then it was back on a while later and went back to catch the last few songs, but you got the impression he really did not want to be here. There must have been some concessions made by management for them. Some were smoking onstage.

To be honest I can see both sides of the story here. Yes, it is annoying and very disrespectful for a band to come on so late to perform, but throwing bottles on stage (especially at someone who has previous form for walking off in previous concerts for being hit by a bottle) is not a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

It wasnt just a few bottle it was constantly bottles every few seconds being hurled.

Lots of drunken assholes at gig and smokers everywhere and band members constantly chainsmoking and halfway through each fag the guitarist would each time spit it into the crowd or flick it with his fingers onto the crowd and he'd laugh.

Fist fights were common too i complained to security and they did nothing, Last time ill go to that O2 kip.

Oh ye and it was €5 for two bags Tayto and a bottle Sprite, €3 for bottle water, my child was ill i went to red cross staff they told me to take him up 3 flights of stairs for some air in the smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I'm just in from concert. Drove from Clare for that crap. Axle looks in bits. Looked like Mickey rourke dressed as kid rock. Goes to show how great acdc were last yr. On time, full of energy.mcd won't get a penny from me again if I don't see a refund. Finishing a set badly after hours is not a show. I reckon the cops told them to play for fear of a riot. They all came into the o2 just as the concert restarted.

Bought a stupid 'i was there' t shirt... Shoulda said when gnr acted like spoilt brats on the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

I wasn't at it thankfully, but bonoman66 posted a great video of it on the other thread in Gigs/Events:

Same vid, but not embedded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I

Original post (deserves more thanks :)): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67795452&postcount=611

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ok I was at the Guns 'n' Roses gig at the O2, so I will give my detail of the events.

(1)Guns 'n' Roses came on and started playing Welcome to the Jungle first. But during the song, some bottles were thrown at them which Axl took excecption to. Axl Rose then stopped the the song and said not to throw anything at the stage, and warned them all not to. Which is perfectly exceptable because G'n'R don't need to take that kind of sh!t.

(2)GnR then preform songs, such as Mr Brownstone and some Chinese Demoracy songs, and then somone again throws another bottle at the stage. GnR then walk off stage and proceed to leave. Again, it was not GnR or Axl Rose's fault, it was the audience and the idiots who decided to throw sh!t at the stage, because they had already been warned beforehand by Axl, but they didn't listen.

(3)Hell breaks loose. The crowd is p!ssed off this stage, with a few people trying to hop the fence at the stage and trying to start something with security. Needless to say they were dragged away.

(4)A half an hour later, Guns 'n' Roses return to the stage, and proceed to perform again. This was around 11:00pm or 11:15pm, and they played right through to 1:00am with no problems whatsoever.

So at the end of the night. The only people to blame for this, are the idiots who decided to throw bottles at the stage. Axl and Co. were well in the right to do what they did, because a lot of the people just didn't understand the concept of "don't do that again" The worst part about this is that, the people who did throw bottles, are basically ruining it for the rest of the people, because we paid to see Guns 'n' Roses, and wanted a great night. Yet some people nearly ruined it for us and decided to throw bottles and hense might have ended the show on bad terms.

Axl Rose does not deserve to be blamed. He told them beforehand not to do so and they didn't listen, and anyone who is a Guns 'n' Roses fan should know no to fcuk around with Axl or test him because he means what he says. Axl was in the right to do what he did tbh.

Advertisement