Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samw

What a bunch of cry babies all you people are.

GNR are touring all over the world to crowds that appreciate them and only in Dublin do they get this reaction from "fans". Why not stay at home or do some research on the band you paid money to see. Why not cheer when they come on like everyone else and enjoy a show. Blame the morons who threw **** and did not listen to the obvious WARNING.

The Irish people have become a joke. The comments will return that it is the band who are the joke but that is expected from those who like to complain about everything even those from their own country who are successful.

Get that peat off your shoulders :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks for registerng simply to share that with us.
    Do you think it is aceptable for a has-been to treat what is left of his fan basein that maner (regardless of whether its Ireland, England or wherever)?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

samw wrote: »

GNR are touring all over the world to crowds that appreciate them and only in Dublin do they get this reaction from "fans". Why not stay at home or do some research on the band you paid money to see. Why not cheer when they come on like everyone else and enjoy a show. Blame the morons who threw **** and did not listen to the obvious WARNING.

The Irish people have become a joke. The comments will return that it is the band who are the joke but that is expected from those who like to complain about everything even those from their own country who are successful.

I wondered how long it would take Axl Rose to work his way round to posting to this thread.

Thanks for your input Mr. Rose, now use your millions to buy a f*cking watch that works, maybe then you'll make it to gigs at a reasonable time before kick-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

No point registering multiple accounts to try and bolster support for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

maybe some people are interested in this, found it when googling a bit about the gig:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Axl%20Rose

my personal favourites are number one and number 22(page 4)

Obviously the guy has annoyed some people so much that they need to vent their frustration. from the post dates axl has been getting rid of fans since 2003(maybe before I didn't read em all). I can't understand the people who defend him. All this "Axl is axl" crap, "he just wants things his way". commiserations to all who wasted money last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Maybe you should get some on yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

caffrey wrote: »
    I can't understand the people who defend him. All this "Axl is axl" crap, "he just wants things his way". commiserations to all who wasted money last week.

That's just the way he's always been. Dublin, like St. Louis, Montreal, Newcastle....on and on and on just happen on a Guns N' Roses tour and Axl's tendency to fly of the handle is generally the cause.

I'll hand it to the guy, I've gone to hundreds of shows by rock legends and you hear all the stories, the urban legends and you wonder for months 'what will this be like, I wonder if this will happen or if they'll do that'. You get to the show, bunch of guys come on and go through the motions. nothing stand out, nothing over the top except on rare occasions and none of the antics you've read about.

Guns N' Roses on the other hand came for two nights. The first in Belfast, they blew the place to pieces, amazing night all-round (began to wonder has Axl been tamed by age).

Then Dublin happens, total disaster. Reports of Axl punching the head of MCD, abusing fans, walking off stage, throwing a fit - all at the cost of albums sales and future ticket sales for their shows in this country but the guy doesn't give a toss. he won't change and his attitude is f**k the haters.

Now I know it really pisses people off and honestly, the Dublin show is overshadowing the Belfast one for me unfortunately and I would have preferred another kick ass show after all the years I spent defending them to Irish mates. The best things that could have happened would have been Guns come out, blitz the arena and finally bring an end to lineup/CD badmouthing and show people once and for all how good they truly are. off course everything went wrong and now people get to turn around and say 'Bull**** - you were totally wrong, Guns are morons'

C'est la Vie, I was prepared for disaster twice, managed to only be half that so I'm happy. Would have been far more gutted if I hadn’t gone to Belfast but I managed to see Guns
    perform a flawless show and can't slate them after that. I know what they're capable off one way or another and for that, Axl remains top in my books.

Samw – blaming the Irish is not on, this kind of thing has happened at dozens of Guns shows and in all fairness, they invite the booing and chants. Depends on the mood of the night, O2 just got out of hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think it says a lot that nearly 20,000 unique views have graced this thread in less than a week and yet the Metallica super thread (which covers all of the bands activities), which has been in existence for a few months, struggles to get to 9,000

It just goes to show how many people this affected and how many people MCD and Guns N Roses have pissed off:mad:

I just have to hope, yes hope, that Manchester is not going to go the same way

Oh....and MCD, got an email today guys, it's from Ticketmaster.co.uk to tell me about the event information for Manchester

And it states....
    Doors 6pm
    Sebastian Bach 7.30 to 8.15pm
    Interval. 8.15 to 8.45pm
    GNR. 8.45 to 10.45pm
    Curfew 11.00pm

Am I expected to believe this information.....??? I can't see how this could be possible....

How is it that MCD arranged with the band to be out at a certain time, didn't realise that information to the public prior to the gig to warn people, and then stated afterwards that the band themselves were later then expected but they still can't be held responsible

I feel like I'm being robbed and it's outrageous

Oh....and MCD, got an email today guys, it's from Ticketmaster.co.uk to tell me about the event information for Manchester

And it states....

Am I expected to believe this information.....??? I can't see how this could be possible....

Do noy pay any attention to those times. Guns will always run over the curfew and pay the fine. Go in time just in case but don't expect to be out before 12:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

I think it says a lot that nearly 20,000 unique views have graced this thread in less than a week and yet the Metallica super thread (which covers all of the bands activities), which has been in existence for a few months, struggles to get to 9,000

The Metallica Superthread does not take into account all the countless multiple Metallica threads that went before zee superthread was created, so you cant use those above numbers as fact ;) Metallica are still a band and would wiped the floor with Axl n R live shows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Guns will always run over the curfew and pay the fine.

They weren't let in Reading.

I'd like to shake the hand of the organiser guy that pulled the plug on the band's equipment that night, legend.

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere118.jpg/
    http://img96.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere119.jpg

This is the official GNR T Shirt made especially for the 02 gig, just in case anyone was wondering or didn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere118.jpg/
    http://img96.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere119.jpg

This is the official GNR T Shirt made especially for the 02 gig, just in case anyone was wondering or didn't see it

Second picture won't load?? Why are we still discussing this muppet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Second picture won't load?? Why are we still discussing this muppet??

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten breathe out Mickey all gig discussion goes there ->
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Jemmaa wrote: »
    One two three four five six seven eight nine ten breathe out Mickey all gig discussion goes there ->

I'm calm, tyvmfa.

I'm calm, tyvmfa.

I mean this thread is boring and hope die soon just one positive thing I see much more people here that's exciting more people more music :D

Jemmaa wrote: »

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere119.jpg/

Fixed - oh and we're still discussing it for a lot of reasons, primarily because MCD believe they can fool the people who attended the gig into accepting a completely bull**** press release and absolutely disgraceful attempt at not apologising

OutlawPete wrote: »
    They weren't let in Reading.

I'd like to shake the hand of the organiser guy that pulled the plug on the band's equipment that night, legend.

True, at fesativals they don't get away as much....well, they didn't this time. Although they went 30 mins over their curfew for that ones.

I kind of regret not getting that one in belfast or Dublin, thought it was naff but looking at it again, it's not too bad.

Still want to find people selling their merch and pick up one of those ones with the skull and wings.

Thought EBay would be full of T-Shirts from people looking to get some cash back from the show :(

(Some) people are missing a very important point here:

It is not MCD's fault that Axl Rose took it upon himself to act like a complete ****. He did - eventually - return to play the full gig.

• Advertisement

Fixed - oh and we're still discussing it for a lot of reasons, primarily because MCD believe they can fool the people who attended the gig into accepting a completely bull**** press release and absolutely disgraceful attempt at not apologising

Not fixed.

Not fixed.

Sorry, I don't know what's happened, I'll re-upload

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere119.jpg/

http://img248.imageshack.us/i/sonisphere118.jpg/

That should work

Obviously this is a point of contention in the Guns camp, since the admin over at HTGTH....who is currently on tour as the bands guest....has flipped out that this is still being mentioned. He runs a tight ship

(Some) people are missing a very important point here:

It is not MCD's fault that Axl Rose took it upon himself to act like a complete ****. He did - eventually - return to play the full gig.

Whilst this has all come at the hands of an egomaniac... MCD have an obligation to have the gig on and it was on...BUT they also should be organising it properly, by this I mean that they should have guaranteed that the gig start on time and end on time so that people could get home on public transport etc etc. If they knew that axl was gonna do his usual bull**** then they should have scheduled the gig for 4pm. Or if they insist on it being at the scheduled time there should be prior notice give(on the ticket) that it may run till 1pm say. Its possible it should be up to them to ensure that the venue staff are aware that this stuff could happen and not send people home. Also as soon as there was a walk off someone should have announced not to go home, again up to MCD.

Given that MCD did all that they are legally obliged to do they didn't:

1. Give a well organized event from start to finish.(announcements etc)
    2. Advertise the event properly(in terms of timing)
    and most importantly the following
    3. Give what the customers considered value for money.
    4. Take responsibility for their part in the shambles.

This is not the first shambles that MCD have overseen.

I do feel that it is mainly axls fault, he decided to screw his fans over, biting off the hand that feeds him. He took money(and a hefty price at that) from people who pay him, they are his employer. He has an easy job, make no mistake, he is paid well. If all of those people went to work and acted like he did they would be fired. If MCD had any balls they would have pulled the plug at 11(the usual time) and given people their money back. Their customers would have respected them for it. Instead they made him go back on stage and "perform". Considering the attitude in the sweet child video in this thread it shows he didn't give the performance that most fans came for.

People have a right to feel annoyed because they didn't get what they paid for.

I didn't even go to the gig and it annoys me to think that a company(MCD) and band(G&R cds) I have given money to would both act so unprofessionally. I know neither of them are the worse people in the world but both have a track record of this behavior and they just get away with it. Nobody else in the world does, why should they. It annoys me more that people defend them both. One is living on past glories and the other has a virtual stranglehold on the market. I am open to someone telling me different but I have read all of this and nothing tells me that is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Lads, it's rock 'n' roll. Don't you know anything about Guns 'N' Roses? It's supposed to be chaos, unpredictable. It always has been. If you want a band on stage on time, and a predictable show then go to boyzone.

Lads, it's rock 'n' roll. Don't you know anything about Guns 'N' Roses? It's supposed to be chaos, unpredictable. It always has been. If you want a band on stage on time, and a predictable show then go to boyzone.

Do you want value for money and respect from the person you are paying a lot of money to go to see a good band? People did not pay for unpredictability. They paid for a rock show. Not a guy standing on stage acting simultaneously like a spoiled child and a geriatric who can't move. Rock and Roll is all about the fans. The best bands come on at the said time and still break the curfew!! bands who do 3 hour sets for their fans. bands who get the crowd going. Those bands will never be bottled. G&R are not rock and roll. They are the only band that do this, they are an exception to the rule not one of the many bands that do it, stop believing the hype that is Axl, he is not rock and roll!! He is a clown.

Axl comes out in Dublin and sings the third song of the night, Mr Brownstone, watch him go

When Axl returned from his absence, which despite all falsified claims was more like 45 minutes, we got this

Now, someone please tell me, what is wrong with these videos....

Same excuse MCD have used in their press release, this is unacceptable as if there had been forewarning previously before the gig then I would not have gone. Also it isn't just an issue of timing, it's to do with entertainment, and whether we got the entertainment we deserved - which I don't believe I did and I know that I am not alone in this thinking. You just have to look at these videos.

I was also sent a bloody schedule for the concert next month in Manchester which claims they'll be off stage....finished...by 10.55, am I supposed to hold Ticketmaster.co.uk to account if they're not....is that not false information

MCD did not supply information stating the 02 Curfew would be extended as part of this show, simple as, and it was our business to know because we're the bloody customers
    Meanwhile details of Guns 'N' Roses backstage requirements have been revealed, with a number of very specific items, including a room for Axl to sleep in containing a bed, a sofa, a coffee table, six lamps and a rug. This room must also be decorated with 18 red and 18 white fresh roses.

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

The Censorship is disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

caffrey wrote: »
    Do you want value for money and respect from the person you are paying a lot of money to go to see a good band? People did not pay for unpredictability. They paid for a rock show. Not a guy standing on stage acting simultaneously like a spoiled child and a geriatric who can't move. Rock and Roll is all about the fans. The best bands come on at the said time and still break the curfew!! bands who do 3 hour sets for their fans. bands who get the crowd going. Those bands will never be bottled. G&R are not rock and roll. They are the only band that do this, they are an exception to the rule not one of the many bands that do it, stop believing the hype that is Axl, he is not rock and roll!! He is a clown.

If someone was throwing bottles at me I would be off the stage also. I have had a pint of piss thrown at me before and it is not nice. If the scumbags can't control themself then tough luck.

You're right it's just bad situation and if you feel strong'n'healthy enough to push things just call the lawyers and I wish you best luck on your way

I personally think that simply apologize to the customers is the cheapest way because your past customer can be your future customer and when past customers are not satisfied you are definitely losing their money in future thats pity

Just remembered a funny story about Canadian country musician David Carroll and his broken guitar:
    In the spring of 2008, Sons of Maxwell were traveling to Nebraska for a one-week tour and my Taylor guitar was witnessed being thrown by United Airlines baggage handlers in Chicago. I discovered later that the $3500 guitar was severely damaged. They didnt deny the experience occurred but for nine months the various people I communicated with put the responsibility for dealing with the damage on everyone other than themselves and finally said they would do nothing to compensate me for my loss. So I promised the last person to finally say no to compensation (Ms. Irlweg) that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

The Times newspaper reported that within 4 days of the video being posted online, United Airline's stock price fell 10%, costing stockholders about $180 million in value

Full story here >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

Jarmo has always been like that. I used to post over there years ago but i got tired of the threads being shut down once there was any criticism of axl.

Mygnrforum is a little better but can be the same sometimes. Hence why i packed in GN'R forums altogether,not worth the grief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

[/B]

I wouldn't even bother posting there. /Jarmo is a fat knob who won't allow any criticism of the band because they bought his loyalty. In other words - it is all part of the GNR camp yes machine for Axl Rose.

Advertisement