Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

The Censorship is disgusting
    Similar Cencorship is happening on this board also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67792936&postcount=353

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

If someone was throwing bottles at me I would be off the stage also. I have had a pint of piss thrown at me before and it is not nice. If the scumbags can't control themself then tough luck.

Yes but what did you do to a large group of people that were left with nothing to do but drink for 1 and a half hours?? probably nothing so you are entitled to get annoyed at someone throwing it at you. I am not condoning that sort of behavior in the slightest but with enough people feeling p-ed off then you are bound to get a few. I don't even think that he was wrong to be annoyed at the bottles, anyone would, but for him to expect the crowd to not be annoyed after his display and no apology....ridiculous. Put it this way, axl treated them like crap(making them wait), they treated him like crap, I do unto you now what has been done to me. If anything they are living by his moto:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    Jarmo has always been like that. I used to post over there years ago but i got tired of the threads being shut down once there was any criticism of axl.

Mygnrforum is a little better but can be the same sometimes. Hence why i packed in GN'R forums altogether,not worth the grief.

Jarmo is a ****.

Axl comes out in Dublin and sings the third song of the night, Mr Brownstone, watch him go

When Axl returned from his absence, which despite all falsified claims was more like 45 minutes, we got this

Now, someone please tell me, what is wrong with these videos....

Same excuse MCD have used in their press release, this is unacceptable as if there had been forewarning previously before the gig then I would not have gone. Also it isn't just an issue of timing, it's to do with entertainment, and whether we got the entertainment we deserved - which I don't believe I did and I know that I am not alone in this thinking. You just have to look at these videos.

I was also sent a bloody schedule for the concert next month in Manchester which claims they'll be off stage....finished...by 10.55, am I supposed to hold Ticketmaster.co.uk to account if they're not....is that not false information

MCD did not supply information stating the 02 Curfew would be extended as part of this show, simple as, and it was our business to know because we're the bloody customers

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

The Censorship is disgusting

He sounds ****e. That's what's wrong. His voice is f***ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

If someone was throwing bottles at me I would be off the stage also. I have had a pint of piss thrown at me before and it is not nice. If the scumbags can't control themself then tough luck.

And what about the other 13970+* punters who didn't throw bottles or pints of piss (??). Everyone gets tarred with the same brush and everybody that could hang on at the venue gets to see a sh*te perfromance from a spoilt, over-paid megalomaniac?

Yep Rock'N'Roll alright. Pffft.

*guessstimate based on attendence numbers

• Advertisement

phil1nj wrote: »
    And what about the other 13970+* punters who didn't throw bottles or pints of piss (??). Everyone gets tarred with the same brush and everybody that could hang on at the venue gets to see a sh*te perfromance from a spoilt, over-paid megalomaniac?

Don't forget that he came on late. VERY late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

finhex wrote: »
    Similar Cencorship is happening on this board also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67792936&postcount=353

Funny you should say that, Lordgoat banned me from that thread for being too condescending and rude to people :D

Two weeks - complaint already lodged with Boards.ie, should read the way he talks to me and he bans me for being rude.

Don't forget that he came on late. VERY late

He always comes on late, very late :D Same in all the other countries he's played in since.

Problem is, the cowards who threw the bottles/glasses never got caught - that's why he walked off. They should have been picked up by the crowd and reported to security.

They ruined this show, Axl was late - always late but the ones who threw those glasses ruined it for everyone. Axl in all fairness gave a warning, something he doesn't always do before walking off. He's had too much **** thrown at him over the years to risk any harm to him or the band. Duff McKagan was knocked out once on stage because of people throwing things at GN'R.

He always comes on late, very late :D Same in all the other countries he's played in since.

Doesn't excuse him bein' a d1ck about it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(Some) people are missing a very important point here:

It is not MCD's fault that Axl Rose took it upon himself to act like a complete ****. He did - eventually - return to play the full gig.
    They are the promoter who "organised" the event. It was they who intervened when Axl threw a tantrum over a few gobshítes but they did not:
    * give fans a reason for the late start
    * tell fans to ignore the house lights when they came on
    * tell fans to stay put as Axl would be coming back on
    * tell the venue's staff WTF was going on
    * provide advanced notice of a possibility of a delay despite using it as an excuse in their statement

Also MCDs statement is deliberately designed to create the impression that people are being unreasonable. Lines such as:
    MCD wrote:
    Following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.
    Backstage? Is arguing whilst walking up the keys still regarded as backstage?
    MCD wrote:
    While the artist has a long history for being late on stage
    If so, then why no forewarning to fans?
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9096245&ar=gunsnroses&cat=all
    MCD wrote:
    However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.
    This is misleading. No mention that during the 32 minutes that the band were off stage, the house lights were turned on and security were confirming to anyone asking thet it was indeed over.
    If it was to be expected, why weren't the ticket buyers forewarned by the promoters?

kbannon wrote: »
    If it was to be expected, why weren't the ticket buyers forewarned by the promoters?

Because he might arrive on time. You can't tell when he'll come on, just have to wait and see.

Doesn't excuse him bein' a d1ck about it, though.

As one of the biggest Guns N' Roses fans I've ever met, let me say one thing. Axl Rose is a total asshole, you could never be pals with the guy.

Just love his insistence on being a total asshole, not many in the entertainment industry have the balls to do what he does (they want money and Axl's methods don't help that)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Some complaints from Ticketmaster
    They appeared at 10.15 pm with no reason why so late.
    Walk off the stage after 30 mins?
    No reason given.
    People started leaving after waiting 30 mins, so did I!
    Apparently they came back at 11.30 pm and did the concert until 1am
    I want my money back
    The event organisers made no public announcements saying what was wrong!
    Well apart from having to wait for 1.5 hours after the support act left the stage, for Axl to show up we had no apology, he actually told us off as a greeting! This obviously spurred on more booing, not from me however as I didnt want him walking off. After the 4th song I was getting into it and was having a great time, had forgotten about the wait, however was on edge about hime threatening to leave if another bottle got thrown on stage, as it was not something I, nor 99% of the people there could stop! So another idiot throws a bottle and off he goes! half hour later the lights come on and people are leaving all the time. Mainly because we are not being told any info, they seem to be making vague announcments so as not to start a riot!. Then Eddie Irvine leaves, and an official tells the girl on the barrier thats Axl has gone! So after 40 mins we decide to leave.
    Its not till the next morning we find out off the news that he came back, and that if he doesnt return to the stage within an hour he doesnt get paid! If we'd have been told this I would have waited an extra 20mins!
    So bascially I travelled from Shrewsbury, England, to Dublin. Paid for two tickets at 76Euros each and got totally disrespected as a fan and ripped off!!!
    WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I will be paying for this off my credit card for the next 5 months! DISGUSTING
    Guns n Roses were unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. The band may have wanted to be there but Axl Rose certainly didnt. Walked off stage after 20mins after spitting the dummy out. The four songs we did hear welcome to the jungle was awesome didnt hear the great ones though sweet child paradise city. We left having no idea if they were coming back on stage or not poor communication by promotersblaming technical difficulties ie Axl Rose having a tantrum and not telling us if they were/werenot coming back on stage. Disgraceful considering they are supposed to be professional musicians.
    Worst gig i have ever been to. Refund has been requested
    I wish I didnt bother going to this, complete waste of money.
    Axl Rose should never be invited back again.
    I saw Slash at the Download festival in Donnington this year and he was great.....and on time.
    Can I have my money back please??

I hope someone from MCD is taking notes, because I am, and this is just the beginning

Petition
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/refundgnr

Facebook Group
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146575452042836

Good Letter Written to Irish Independent
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/boo-to-rosesrsquo-nonperformance-2323156.html

I've already filed my Small Claims petition....have you?

MCD want to email me - madden.wayne@gmail.com

Please do

kbannon wrote: »
    * tell fans to ignore the house lights when they came on
    Yes they did, but crowd was just boo-ing so maybe you just didn't hear that?
    * tell fans to stay put as Axl would be coming back on
    But they did told that they are trying to get band back. Still crowd was boo-ing so maybe you just didn't hear that?

I think most of the people who left early were those who were boo-ing, chanting "we want Slash" or throwing bottles/pints to stage. At least any of those things didn't happen anymore after band came back.

But I feel sorry for those real fans who left before band returned.

Yes they did, but crowd was just boo-ing so maybe you just didn't hear that?.

The PA system in the O2 is state of the art, it can be heard over even the noisest crowd especially when there's no band playing on the stage. There was no announcement made regarding the house lights. Maybe it wasn't working that night and these were the technical difficulties that the lady from MCD was referring to at 11pm:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

But they did told that they are trying to get band back. Still crowd was boo-ing so maybe you just didn't hear that?

how long after the band walked off did this happen? Needs to be immediate, the running of the show was a joke, typical MCD. The singer in that awful support act was right, we wer fisted :mad:

how long after the band walked off did this happen? Needs to be immediate, the running of the show was a joke, typical MCD. The singer in that awful support act was right, we wer fisted :mad:
    Yes, I totally agree that MCD should have handled this much better, but band leaving the stage wasn't planned so it's not reasonable to demand immediate announcement. And I'm sure that houselights need to be turned on for security reasons as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Yes, I totally agree that MCD should have handled this much better, but band leaving the stage wasn't planned so it's not reasonable to demand immediate announcement. And I'm sure that houselights need to be turned on for security reasons as soon as possible.

then say that FFS, house lights on = end of gig 99% of the time especially with band having walked off.

MCDs behavior is what IMO gives us a good case for refunds, especially in court.
    If they had announced the following IMO majority of people woild have accepted it.

At 9.00
    Guns & Roses are late, will on at 10.30, band will play as late as they need to and carp parks will stay open.

After band left
    Concert is not over
    We are trying to get them back on
    Houselights are for security reasons
    Anyone who needs to leave for logistical reasons will be part refunded, please see MCD rep in Foyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone heard anything back from MCD yet about the gig of the year?

The Nal wrote: »

I sent them a thank you for two great shows and not a word!!! Disgusted :p

The Peal Jam concert happened back in August. You're in the wrong thread mate.

The Peal Jam concert happened back in August. You're in the wrong thread mate.

No phil1nj, The Nal meant that in a good way :P

Oh deadly serious yeah. Fantastic gig. Really was. Gigs are becoming too predictable now. It was refreshing.

Oh deadly serious yeah. Fantastic gig. Really was. Gigs are becoming too predictable now. It was refreshing.

Hell yes! One of the lads I work with was in Italy and he couldn't make it. When he heard what happened he said the same thing. We paid for a GN'R show and that's what we got :D

Hell yes! One of the lads I work with was in Italy and he couldn't make it. When he heard what happened he said the same thing. We paid for a GN'R show and that's what we got :D

Finally!!

We certainly did! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Here's an article from the NME talking about the situation. Enjoy

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/08/29/axl-rose-–-asshole-or-hero-nme-ask-the-question/

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Here's an article from the NME talking about the situation. Enjoy

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/08/29/axl-rose-–-asshole-or-hero-nme-ask-the-question/

"Guns N’ Roses play Belfast on Tuesday, Dublin on Wednesday. Don’t go if you want Slash, don’t go if you have somewhere to be after."

Pretty much sums it up.

• Advertisement

No, but I soon will :rolleyes:

An excellent new twist on this story from the Longford Leader Regional Paper
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/September-Pain-for-local-Guns.6516176.jp

Advertisement