Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I wish the Axl Lovers Club would just make an Axl loving thread.

I think it's pretty obvious from the title that this thread is for discussing the "Shambles at o2". Many of us are trying to gather information to make a case against the organisers. If you can't grasp that and are still whining on because precious Axl got hit with a bottle then leave.

This thread is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

I think it's pretty obvious from the title that this thread is for discussing the "Shambles at o2". Many of us are trying to gather information to make a case against the organisers. If you can't grasp that and are still whining on because precious Axl got hit with a bottle then leave.

Cherub Rock has added me to his ignore list for previously sticking up for Axl and Guns on another thread so he won't see this.

But the Title of this thread is 'GNR Shambles at O2??' and was started by someone who wasn't even at the show looking for information about what happened.

The title is not 'Information Gathering for case against MCD over GNR Fiasco' so GNR and Axl fans, please feel free to argue your case here. If you didn't think it was a shambles, then continue to add your views and ignore people like 'no names will be mentioned' who seem intent on silencing any of us who were perfectly content with what happened at this show.

We're not telling others to shut up so we expect the same courtesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No, but I soon will :rolleyes:

An excellent new twist on this story from the Longford Leader Regional Paper
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/September-Pain-for-local-Guns.6516176.jp

For f**k sake. They can't even use an up to date pic??? That pic is from AFD.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

For f**k sake. They can't even use an up to date pic??? That pic is from AFD.

Never mind that, what about the €7.50 for chips and a burger at Eddie Rockets..:eek::D

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Never mind that, what about the €7.50 for chips and a burger at Eddie Rockets..:eek::D

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Cherub Rock has added me to his ignore list for previously sticking up for Axl and Guns on another thread so he won't see this.

But the Title of this thread is 'GNR Shambles at O2??' and was started by someone who wasn't even at the show looking for information about what happened.

The title is not 'Information Gathering for case against MCD over GNR Fiasco' so GNR and Axl fans, please feel free to argue your case here. If you didn't think it was a shambles, then continue to add your views and ignore people like 'no names will be mentioned' who seem intent on silencing any of us who were perfectly content with what happened at this show.

Cherub Rock is a woman btw.

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/09/sebastian_bach_i_know_why_axl.html

Just found this on Kerrang's website. I would take what Seb Bach says with a huge pinch of salt, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2010/09/sebastian_bach_i_know_why_axl.html

Just found this on Kerrang's website. I would take what Seb Bach says with a huge pinch of salt, though.
    Right, that's all sorted! But it begs the question, why doesn't Axl start his warm-ups 45 minutes earlier, then?

Exactly

Especially since he gets a special room with a bed he never uses and specially coloured walls and roses....no seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Ouch!

And the burger arrived an hour late with no excuse.:p

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Cherub Rock is a woman btw.

Ah, she then :) Cheers!

• Advertisement

Thanks Wolfman, a damn fine woman at that! Hahah! :p

I sent letters off to MCD and Ticketmaster today. Doubt I'll get a reply. What's next course of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/08/29/axl-rose-–-asshole-or-hero-nme-ask-the-question/[/QUOTE]
    "Rock music has lost it’s way – Rock is now dead. it’s bands and the industry built around them to exploit and drain what ever profits it can has finally destroyed what was once a perfect machine for encouraging rebellion. These days bands have to sound like Coldplay or Arcade Fire to get ahead, music that your gran, neighbours and teachers can sit back with, sip wine to and discuss the banking crisis. Very rock n’ roll eh."

i believe it died somewhere mid-90s but at least what's left of the old brigade keep its ember burning. even 10 years old kids wore G n R shirts, before rave n rap took hold. its a slick business now, where the innovation dried up musically the suits have only been honing their practice. as a career option for derps 'rock n roll' is probably more inviting than ever - fans wholly expect these groups to clock in / clock out on time so why should an old fogey like Bailey be any different is their perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Yep, that was me. Bit suprised at the response though. So many pissed people who are still posting. I was at Slane in '92 and waited for over 2 hours after Faith No More. Probably very lucky to get a GNR show that day.

But sadly the real GNR is long gone and i don't want to waste my time or money at an Axl show. The only way i would go to see GNR is if there was a reunion, now not only looks unlikely, but pointless after recent events i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

€7.50 for a burger and chips in Eddie Rockets!?

Thats the cheapest eddies in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Case against the organisers" for what though? You've no chance of getting any money back. None. Guns n Roses played their entire set. Nowhere on the ticket did it say anything about a start time, end time or curfew. I dont understabnd why people think they deserve money back? :confused:

You should maybe try the panto around Christmas, or stick to the cinema or something. You can time that to the minute and be home and wrapped up away from the big bad Axl by 11.30.

The Nal wrote: »
    You should maybe try the panto around Christmas, or stick to the cinema or something. You can time that to the minute and be home and wrapped up away from the big bad Axl by 11.30.

Haha, classic!! (and very, very true :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Having had a good laugh at this thread i thought i'd make this as it sums up the arguments that have being going round and round here!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

basquille wrote: »
    What's a "wonker"?

Lol. Insert an A and you get the idea!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lord lucan wrote: »
    Lol. Insert an A and you get the idea!:pac:
    A "wonkera"? That makes even less sense! :pac:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    A "wonkera"? That makes even less sense! :pac:

Touche!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭briany

In my opinion, showing up late to shows and generally being stroppy is not the opitome of rock 'n' roll, especially when it is predictable. Somebody like Bon Scott, to me, would be the epitome of rock 'n' roll. He loved to drink, to have a good time, the ladies etc. But at the end of the day he never put himself above the needs of the fans. As Angus Young said of Bon :"He was just one of the boys done good." Just a totally down to earth guy who didn't let his fame go to his head. In the same vain, there's a video of three or four dutch AC/DC fans who actually go to Angus Young's house and the man himself opens the door and they proceed to chat about AC/DC and the album and tour!!! No airs or graces with Angus and he's a man who is pretty much regarded as a rock n roll deity. Now yes it's a pretty serious impostion on their part and Angus does look a bit uncomfortable (then again, strange people knocking on your door and wanting to talk about you would be at least a bit stressful to anyone) but could a few GnR fans just knock into Axl?? I wonder how that would go?

Starting at 6:30.

Having had a good laugh at this thread i thought i'd make this as it sums up the arguments that have being going round and round here!:D:D

:D Excellent

Brilliant!!! :D:D

I don't give a flying **** about Axl or him coming out late at this stage. And I think we have plenty of a case. MY points have been put forward to MCD. The Nal, if you think that concert was well organised and handled well then fair enough. Many of us don't and expect better in terms of security, organisation, communication, health and safety etc etc.

I don't give a flying **** about Axl or him coming out late at this stage. And I think we have plenty of a case. MY points have been put forward to MCD. The Nal, if you think that concert was well organised and handled well then fair enough. Many of us don't and expect better in terms of security, organisation, communication, health and safety etc etc.

It wasn't particularly well organised regarding communication no. MCD are a shower of pricks like that. Health and safety - people throwing stuff you mean? Only other option is to have security guards all over the place, which would be ****, as they're heavy handed morons mostly.

briany wrote: »
    ...but could a few GnR fans just knock into Axl?? I wonder how that would go?

Well good luck to them if they try :D Smithers release the Hounds!

The Nal wrote: »
    It wasn't particularly well organised regarding communication no. MCD are a shower of pricks like that. Health and safety - people throwing stuff you mean? Only other option is to have security guards all over the place, which would be ****, as they're heavy handed morons mostly.

...like in Belfast, was more like boot camp than a show...until Guns came on off course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Metal Hammer has released a list of Axl Rose's rider, sent to agents ahead of his appearances in the UK next month

That’s right, we know what Axl wants to tea… amongst other things. See what Axl Rose demands back stage in his dressing room.
    Here’s what Axl Rose wants in his rider and backstage in his dressing room:

1) Dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each
    2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    4) tequila (Patron Anejo)
    5) red wine
    6) beer (6 X Lucky Budha beer, Grolsch and Checkvar)
    7) room must include dark shades
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    17) 18 glasses (for wine and champagne)
    18) 15 glasses for ’stiff drinks’
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    21) two bottle openers and corkscrews
    22) one large and two smaller bread knives
    23) salt and pepper mills
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    27) two bear-shaped tubes of honey,
    28) Jose Cuervo mixed cocktail drink
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    32) a carton of orange juice
    33) Pellegrino mineral water and Smart Water (?!)
    34) Fruit: bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits
    35) veg misc: carrot, celery, cucumbers
    36) various kinds of crackers
    37) seven kinds of cheese
    38) Jam
    39) condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
    40) white bread
    41) dinner: roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad.

1394.jpg

This is the Tequila, each is a limited bottle, and individually signed - would cost about £52 each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well good luck to them if they try :D Smithers release the Hounds!

That's pretty much the outcome I would put money on. Doubtful they would even get in the gate or maybe even the neighborhood:eek:.

@Motley Crue : So Axl has his own personal rider 'n' all? Well I wish I could say I was surprised.

Advertisement