Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Metal Hammer has released a list of Axl Rose's rider, sent to agents ahead of his appearances in the UK next month

That’s right, we know what Axl wants to tea… amongst other things. See what Axl Rose demands back stage in his dressing room.
    Here’s what Axl Rose wants in his rider and backstage in his dressing room:

1) Dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each
    2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    4) tequila (Patron Anejo)
    5) red wine
    6) beer (6 X Lucky Budha beer, Grolsch and Checkvar)
    7) room must include dark shades
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    17) 18 glasses (for wine and champagne)
    18) 15 glasses for ’stiff drinks’
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    21) two bottle openers and corkscrews
    22) one large and two smaller bread knives
    23) salt and pepper mills
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    27) two bear-shaped tubes of honey,
    28) Jose Cuervo mixed cocktail drink
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    32) a carton of orange juice
    33) Pellegrino mineral water and Smart Water (?!)
    34) Fruit: bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits
    35) veg misc: carrot, celery, cucumbers
    36) various kinds of crackers
    37) seven kinds of cheese
    38) Jam
    39) condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
    40) white bread
    41) dinner: roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad.

1394.jpg

This is the Tequila, each is a limited bottle, and individually signed - would cost about £52 each

Nothing wrong with that list tbh. Just food and drinks, and I think every band has a set of demands they give before doing a concert, so it's not like Axl is the only one who makes demands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Metal Hammer has released a list of Axl Rose's rider, sent to agents ahead of his appearances in the UK next month

That’s right, we know what Axl wants to tea… amongst other things. See what Axl Rose demands back stage in his dressing room.

1) Dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each
    2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    4) tequila (Patron Anejo)
    5) red wine
    6) beer (6 X Lucky Budha beer, Grolsch and Checkvar)
    7) room must include dark shades
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    17) 18 glasses (for wine and champagne)
    18) 15 glasses for ’stiff drinks’
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    21) two bottle openers and corkscrews
    22) one large and two smaller bread knives
    23) salt and pepper mills
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    27) two bear-shaped tubes of honey,
    28) Jose Cuervo mixed cocktail drink
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    32) a carton of orange juice
    33) Pellegrino mineral water and Smart Water (?!)
    34) Fruit: bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits
    35) veg misc: carrot, celery, cucumbers
    36) various kinds of crackers
    37) seven kinds of cheese
    38) Jam
    39) condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
    40) white bread
    41) dinner: roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad.

This is the Tequila, each is a limited bottle, and individually signed - would cost about £52 each

No request for any dummies to spit out. Maybe he has a case of those on tour.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

42) An alarm clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

William Bailey uses an oxygen mask. was also dressed like michael jackson on the night in question - woulda been some smooth criminal had he made his escape with the loot after a mere 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Star Bingo wrote: »
    William Bailey uses an oxygen mask. was also dressed like michael jackson on the night in question - woulda been some smooth criminal had he made his escape with the loot after a mere 20 minutes

1992_vanguard_gnr.jpg

Don't you listen to a thing :rolleyes:

"Oh yeah....and this has NOTHING to do with Michael Jackson"

And I don't care what anyone says, he was happy then, and Guns N Roses was a formidable force and no matter what Axl claims now, this was a good time in his life...I can't honestly believe all that stuff about how the band found their friendship again in preparation for the Illusion Tour was lies lies lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

That video makes me remember how much I miss the 90s... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

rednik wrote: »
    42) An alarm clock.
    good 1 :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

rednik wrote: »
    42) An alarm clock.

.........set an hour behind!!! :D

Looking at this video from the concert in Paris last night, just want to take a moment to remember all those who can't afford to go to another GNR gig this year, and therefore missed their chance to experience a great concert by leaving early and also being refused entry.

I'm lucky but there are some people who just aren't and who desperately wanted to see the experience that the French got last night, but didn't.

MCD, all the scumbags throwing bottles, Axl's wristwatch and everyone else to blame should be ashamed with themselves.

Seriously MCD, why no refund, surely you admit this performance does not equal what we saw in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

How did the Paris gig compare to the Dublin show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Seriously MCD, why no refund, surely you admit this performance does not equal what we saw in Dublin

im sorry to harp on about this but the quality of the performance is not MCD's responsibility, thats like axl saying to mcd "why are you letting people throw bottles at me"....they can do nothing about it unfortunatley. All they have an obligation to do is get the band to play on stage for 2 (or so) hours...and TECHNICALLY they fufilled their obligation. I, like everyone, was NOT happy with that gig in any way shape or form and still think axl is a petulant child, but MCD do not have to give a refund.....no matter how often or how passionatley you ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sgd

Petition
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/refundgnr

Facebook Group
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146575452042836

Good Letter Written to Irish Independent
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/boo-to-rosesrsquo-nonperformance-2323156.html

I've already filed my Small Claims petition....have you?

MCD want to email me - madden.wayne@gmail.com

Please do

Anybody bring them to the small claims court yet? How long does that take to happen?

im sorry to harp on about this but the quality of the performance is not MCD's responsibility, thats like axl saying to mcd "why are you letting people throw bottles at me"....they can do nothing about it unfortunatley. All they have an obligation to do is get the band to play on stage for 2 (or so) hours...and TECHNICALLY they fufilled their obligation. I, like everyone, was NOT happy with that gig in any way shape or form and still think axl is a petulant child, but MCD do not have to give a refund.....no matter how often or how passionatley you ask!

100% correctamundo.

sgd wrote: »
    Anybody bring them to the small claims court yet? How long does that take to happen?

My claim is pending, but I was told they have the right to ignore it, and if they chose to do so it will just cost more money and more aggravation that I can't or won't afford...besides, I'm seeing them again next month, so **** it
    How did the Paris gig compare to the Dublin show?

Better opening act, for one, the Murderdolls - and generally just a great atmosphere. Nothing like their 1992 Paris show, although they're doing the big French gig tonight...in terms of numbers....Whole Lotta Rosie was part of the encore, and Shackler's Revenge got an airing for the first time live in a few months anyway

Axl was in a great mood and was on, for him, fairly early and sharpish after the support

I guess that's the luck of the draw

Oh well, Manchester next:D

Pro Shot Footage of Duff McKagan contributing to an airing of 'Patience' at some charity event

Axl Rose has said that he would like to work with Duff on GNR's next album, and would love McKagan to come in and do a guest piece, which would be incredible

As long as we don't go back to this I'll be quite happy!

Oh, and for those who have never seen it, check out this seldom seen interview with Axl at the 2001 NBA Finals...the announcer must be both ****ting himself that he actually managed to get the first interview Axl Rose has given on TV in 8 years and also that Axl look's really really unwell (and camera shy too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Radio Interview with Sebastian Bach here where he puts all Axl's late shows down to him working and warming his voice up preshow:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145604

Those upcoming UK shows should be classics, all going well.

I completely disagree. There should be some sort of enquiry into that from a regulator. Is there a regulator?! That was a sham. Completely disorganised, unprofessional and a total disregard for health or safety. MCD should be shut down. How they keep a stranglehold on the market is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hasnt changed much in 18 years!!

The Nal wrote: »
    Hasnt changed much in 18 years!!

This is a piece of footage that drove me away from Metallica for about 2 years. James can be a real asshole sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This is a piece of footage that drove me away from Metallica for about 2 years. James can be a real asshole sometimes.

Did you tell them what your problem with them was or just leave them wondering why you didn't want to hang out anymore? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

...Your hardly siding with Axl on this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's historical fact that the rest of Gnr bar Dizzy would have been with james on this one!!

I completely disagree. There should be some sort of enquiry into that from a regulator. Is there a regulator?! That was a sham. Completely disorganised, unprofessional and a total disregard for health or safety. MCD should be shut down. How they keep a stranglehold on the market is beyond me.

never heard of Aiken promotions no?!

axl was the unprofressional ones in this instance not MCD....they cant physically man handle him and throw him on the stage...if he doesnt arrive, decides not to go on or goes for a nap/a walk/a prolonged w@nk instead of going on stage theres nothing that they can do about it in all fairness, axl is a tempremental c*nt so will probably walk if he gets pushed too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

axl was the unprofressional ones in this instance not MCD....they cant physically man handle him and throw him on the stage...if he doesnt arrive, decides not to go on or goes for a nap/a walk/a prolonged w@nk instead of going on stage theres nothing that they can do about it in all fairness, axl is a tempremental c*nt so will probably walk if he gets pushed too much!

It's MCD's fault the crowd were kept out of the loop for 3 hours....all they had to do was inform the crowd of the late start and that would have diffused the situation. Somebody told the support band to keep playing therefore somebody should have told the crowd....

It's MCD's fault the crowd were kept out of the loop for 3 hours....all they had to do was inform the crowd of the late start and that would have diffused the situation. Somebody told the support band to keep playing therefore somebody should have told the crowd....

is that proof that they knew anything? they cant give information if they dont have it!

People keep buying tickets to their shows. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

is that proof that they knew anything? they cant give information if they dont have it!

No proof whatsoever. All support bands decide for themselves how long they want to play for at concerts, did you not know this? :rolleyes:

Its been said before in this thread but I'll say it again, any update to the crowd (even if the update was "there is no update") would have been better than the sh*t that transpired at this joke of a gig.

*Point goes whooooosh*

They should have told him to **** off in that case and refused to pay him. But they didn't wanna give out refunds so they forced him to play a half assed show.

Aiken is tiny compared to MCD. Look at the list of acts assigned to each promoter.

At 21:50 I was told by an audience member that got it from a member of staff that Axl was in the Four Seasons and would be there at 22:30. Lo and behold he was on stage at 22:30. 99% of the crowd didn't know when he'd be on though. An announcement to apologise for the delay, *insert made up excuse* and say he'd be on at 22:30 would have been fine. Then turn up the music on the PA, dim the houselights and let people relax. They should have made it clear that they were extending curfew, and out of goodwill offered that if you wanted to leave now due to prior arrangements (or people with children etc) then refunds would be available. Simples.

• Advertisement

Aiken is tiny compared to MCD. Look at the list of acts assigned to each promoter.

I used to work for Sword Event Security, actually, I did 2 events with them and got another job - but still did this training day in a hotel off O O'Connell Street in town and you have to do an exam at the end of the day and everything - anyway, I was told by the guy who ran it that Sword do MCD's work and that 90% of all concerts held in Ireland (this was in 2004 mind) were organised by MCD and other then Aiken this guy struggled to name a competitor to MCD...he even laughed at the idea that Aiken competed with MCD.

I remember thinking that figure was too high for one organisation.

Axl worked with Aiken in 2006, but they messed up by announcing Motley Crue as the support, when Motley Crue claimed never to have heard of them and they'd never even agreed to play Ireland about 24 hours after tickets went on sale. Having said that, Aiken landed on their feet with that gig, because I've never seen Axl in a better mood and coming as it did the night before that appalling Download gig it was probably the best gig of 2006 that GNR did...on time, sun shining, Axl happy...and, oh yeah, he obeyed the curfew and mentioned dropping a song off the set-list for it.

He must of got laid that evening in Dublin

Advertisement