Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Forget the band doing it, people are always walking around smoking indoors in the o2 and the security does nothing (even after you tattle :o). Useless pack of gimps :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Forget the band doing it, people are always walking around smoking indoors in the o2 and the security does nothing (even after you tattle :o). Useless pack of gimps :mad:

Security guards aren't employed for their intelligence.

Security guards aren't employed for their intelligence.

Well that's a bit mean. Anyways, how smart do you have to be to say "No smoking indoors. Smoking area is there" *point*?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

kona wrote: »

LOL has Axl suddenly had a "manners transplant"??? Did us Irish really scare him that much??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I sent a letter of complaint today to the Office of tobacco control.

complained about GNR band members chainsmoking and flicking the buts onto the crowd and also dozens of punters around me smoking all night at the gig.

I complained at the venue to security staff and they just shruggged their shoulders and did nothing.

I think if you look through all the recent gigs throughout europe the dublin one is the only one where the band smoked on stage.

He smokes at every gig. So does Slash when he is on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He smokes at every gig. So does Slash when he is on tour.

Not any more. He's given 'em up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

LOL has Axl suddenly had a "manners transplant"??? Did us Irish really scare him that much??

Unbelievable isn't it, maybe the backlash in Ireland did make him think twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

he was pinting with eddie irvine in o donoghues/o donovans bar in dublin that night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

he was pinting with eddie irvine in o donoghues/o donovans bar in dublin that night :)

Source ?

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »

all is forgiven axl i had a great night pity those scumbags threw bottles at ya
    he was pinting in a well known dublin establishment fact :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mp3kid wrote: »
    Source ?

Don't ya mean sauce?:o

mp3kid wrote: »
    Source ?
    very very reliable from someone with him -he got a call saying the 02 crowd were freaking out 5 mins later a limo picked him up

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't ya mean sauce?:o
    im guessing guinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I heard he was furiously masturbating over Slash's new album.

Reliable source.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I heard he was furiously masturbating over Slash's new album.

Reliable source.
    that doesnt sound reliable imo :P

just reading this thread someone mentioned that the crowd loved the various solos :eek:
    rubbish the solos were the worst part that pink panther thing is something i could play on my 4 string accoustic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

just reading this thread someone mentioned that the crowd loved the various solos :eek:
    rubbish the solos were the worst part that pink panther thing is something i could play on my 4 string accoustic

The actual Pink Panther bit, yeah, you could! The rest of Ron's solo, not so much! Dizzy got a great reception for his solo and DJ's solo is an excellent piece of music called "The Ballad of Death".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

And why not?

After seeing how he treats his audience (I was there!), its obvious he is a wanker....:D

Dear Axl, where the fook is our apology?! It's "Tá brón orm" as Gaeilge, I expect it on your Twitter by tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

He's provided as much substance/proof/links as you have

;)

What is the point of this thread. It makes a joke out of a serious situation that I don't find in the slightest bit funny. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

At this rate we may need a Guns N' Roses superthread to keep all the GNR-related threads together. To delay that though I'm just going to merge this thread in with the existing GNR gig one.

Malice_ wrote: »
    At this rate we may need a Guns N' Roses superthread to keep all the GNR-related threads together. To delay that though I'm just going to merge this thread in with the existing GNR gig one.

Why? These last few points are pointless and have nothing to do with the recent gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Did you really do that? did you actually walk up to security staff and complain about the band smoking? What do you think they were going to do about it, go up to the band themselves and tell them to stop. I'm sure they had worse things to worry about

clarification here at long last!

I complained to the security about dozens of punters all around me smoking!

I personally think the crowd thought they could break the law because GNR could!

I didn't complain about the band smoking only all the ignorant assholes all around me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

IrishHomer wrote: »
    clarification here at long last!

I complained to the security about dozens of punters all around me smoking!

I personally think the crowd thought they could break the law because GNR could!

I didn't complain about the band smoking only all the ignorant assholes all around me!

Not trying to be rude, but what exactly were you doing at a hard rock gig like Guns N' Roses if you run of telling tales about people smoking to security?

Not trying to be rude, but what exactly were you doing at a hard rock gig like Guns N' Roses if you run of telling tales about people smoking to security?

Can't all be as hardcore as you ticketsthere. Rock on ya rebel! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Have we not moved on from the schoolyard yet? Still reckon that smoking is 'hard'?

Any updates?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Some stage times, Prague 11:15pm and Antwerp 21:30pm :D

Advertisement