Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The refunds are starting to come through for some other people, who have been posting on a GNR forum, it remains to be seen how many will be refunded and what it will take. Apparently writing a strongly worded complaint to MCD seemed to work for a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

The refunds are starting to come through for some other people, who have been posting on a GNR forum, it remains to be seen how many will be refunded and what it will take. Apparently writing a strongly worded complaint to MCD seemed to work for a few people.

Motley Crue, can you please post a link to one of these other forums that mentions refunds?

At this stage I've emailed MCD multiple times and sent several letters and received no reply in any shape or form from them. I really hope that MCD are monitoring this thread because their customer service has been piss poor so far. No acknowledgement of any kind to the emails or letters sent by customers is unbelievable in this day and age. It's been over a month now since this shambles of an event and at this stage I can't see any sign of MCD doing anything for customers who have genuine reason to complain. It must be
    great to be in such a dominant Market position that you can piss all over
    customers and have no fear of any sort of recrimination from anybody. They
    also must believe that they don't even have to offer any sort of explanation for the series of errors and mistakes that took place under their watch. Marvelllous company to be sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

I enjoyed gig and stayed for the lot but if people are getting refunded i want a refund too :p

I enjoyed gig and stayed for the lot but if people are getting refunded i want a refund too :p
    That is why no one will get a refund
    just making a point

That is why no one will get a refund
    just making a point

What a truly excellent point! Now, when you go down the small claims court route and submit your application be sure to tell all those involved what you've just told everyone else here, that you stayed for the full gig and enjoyed it but still feel you are entitled to a refund. Hopefully they'll throw out your application and tell you to get ****ed.

Anyone else who has a genuine complaint and feel that they were shafted by the piss poor organisation can make a claim detailing how they didn't get the service they paid for, didn't enjoy the concert for multiple reasons, felt it was poorly organised and that MCDs customer service was/is a joke after the fact. The courts are normally a bit more responsive to stuff like that, you know, facts.

• Advertisement

phil1nj wrote: »
    What a truly excellent point! Now, when you go down the small claims court route and submit your application be sure to tell all those involved what you've just told everyone else here, that you stayed for the full gig and enjoyed it but still feel you are entitled to a refund. Hopefully they'll give you a refund

Anyone else who has a genuine complaint and feel that they were shafted by the piss poor organisation can make a claim detailing how they didn't get the service they paid for, didn't enjoy the concert for multiple reasons, felt it was poorly organised and that MCDs customer service was/is a joke after the fact. The courts are normally a bit more responsive to stuff like that, you know, facts.
    ah thanks -no need to get angry young man

Any updates?!

After nearly 6 weeks, I received my first email reply from MCD this morning. Please see below for the full text of the email:

Dear Mr XXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your mail regarding the Guns N Roses concert at The 02.

As you are aware, Axl Rose repeatedly requested concert-goers who were throwing plastic cups (containing unknown substances) to immediately stop and he stated that the Band wished to perform, but indicated they would be left with no alternative but to leave the stage if that behaviour continued. Whilst attempting to proceed with the concert, such cup-throwing incidents were ongoing, despite yet more appeals from Axl Rose to stop, having performed for approximately 22 minutes, the Band were forced to leave the stage.

After such departure by the Band, MCD Promoter Mr. Denis Desmond made yet another appeal to the audience from the stage requesting them to refrain from throwing items. Mr. Desmond confirmed the Band would be back on stage. Guns N' Roses returned on stage at 23.20 hrs and the Band performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

As the band performed their full show MCD are not in a position to offer a refund.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the late running of the show.

Kind Regards,

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Basically just a rehash of the press release that was issued following the concert. Its taken MCD 5 weeks to put together an email that does not address any of the specific issues I laid out in my many emails that were sent to them. It is a blanket "F*ck off" from MCD to anyone who thinks they should be given a refund.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I think any previous posts from individuals who claimed to have gotten a refund (either in this forum or on any other G'N'R forum) are bull**** and the only option left to anyone who thinks they have a case against MCD is the small claims court route. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Over 5 weeks for a ****ing reply!??!! No wonder the concert was such a pile of ****e.[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

After nearly 6 weeks, I received my first email reply from MCD this morning. Please see below for the full text of the email:

Dear Mr XXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your mail regarding the Guns N Roses concert at The 02.

As you are aware, Axl Rose repeatedly requested concert-goers who were throwing plastic cups (containing unknown substances) to immediately stop and he stated that the Band wished to perform, but indicated they would be left with no alternative but to leave the stage if that behaviour continued. Whilst attempting to proceed with the concert, such cup-throwing incidents were ongoing, despite yet more appeals from Axl Rose to stop, having performed for approximately 22 minutes, the Band were forced to leave the stage.

After such departure by the Band, MCD Promoter Mr. Denis Desmond made yet another appeal to the audience from the stage requesting them to refrain from throwing items. Mr. Desmond confirmed the Band would be back on stage. Guns N' Roses returned on stage at 23.20 hrs and the Band performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

As the band performed their full show MCD are not in a position to offer a refund.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the late running of the show.

Kind Regards,

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Basically just a rehash of the press release that was issued following the concert. Its taken MCD 5 weeks to put together an email that does not address any of the specific issues I laid out in my many emails that were sent to them. It is a blanket "F*ck off" from MCD to anyone who thinks they should be given a refund.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I think any previous posts from individuals who claimed to have gotten a refund (either in this forum or on any other G'N'R forum) are bull**** and the only option left to anyone who thinks they have a case against MCD is the small claims court route. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Over 5 weeks for a ****ing reply!??!! No wonder the concert was such a pile of ****e.[/FONT]

Just what i've been saying all along. Since GnR played the gig, MCD obviously don't feel they owe a refund since the gig went on. If people left during the gig, it was of their own freewill and it's their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just what i've been saying all along. Since GnR played the gig, MCD obviously don't feel they owe a refund since the gig went on. If people left during the gig, it was of their own freewill and it's their loss.
    I totally agree. For example user Mötley Crüe who has been one most active campaigner here wrote:
    I was there. I've seen GNR 4 times...this was the worst time. He sucked. He was perfectly fine BEFORE the unscheduled intermission, but terrible and almost scared to be onstage afterwards. That is the main reason I left, because it was painful and actually un-entertaining to watch
    I really don't believe that after that statement he should get any refunds.

Riddle101, what about all those people who had no choice but to leave, those reliant on public transport/private coaches or those who had cars in car parks that were closing or those who were told the gig was over by staff or those who had kids at home and weren't planning on staying out until the wee hours on a Wednesday night, you know, because of stupid things like work the next day? Are those people entitled to a refund or is it tough cheese to them too?

Anyway, regardless of what bullsh*t MCD are pushing I for one am glad that they've finally bothered their bollix replying because now I've tried to engage with the vendor and been told where to go, its off to the small claims court. Even if I don't get anything out of them, it'll be good to give their legal team something to do and it'll be nice to actaully show the courts the contempt that MCD showed their customers. The email I received today was a stock reply basically rehashing what was in their fairystory of a press release. It didn't address any of the concerns I'd laid out in my communication to them so I really want to hear what they have to say when its put to them that they didn't deliver the service that was paid for.

And I'm sure all those small claims applications are recorded somewhere, all the negative publicity, nasty!

• Advertisement

The email I received today was a stock reply basically rehashing what was in their fairystory of a press release. It didn't address any of the concerns I'd laid out in my communication to them so I really want to hear what they have to say when its put to them that they didn't deliver the service that was paid for.

You're lucky to have received that email, because I'll tell you something, despite the 17 emails and one registered complaint letter I sent them within 8 days of the concert (2 emails every day) and the campaigning I did - contacting TV3, RTE, Live Line etc...despite all of that, I still haven't received anything back from them in the slightest.

This individual gets an email back, and it is a complete joke and a complete rehash...and yet two people here have already contacted me, who wish to remain completely anonymous...and given me proof on both counts that they received a full refund in a cheque from MCD regarding the Guns N Roses concert in Dublin on September 1st 2010

If you have your ticket stubs, hold onto them as proof, send a registered letter of complaint if you feel you had a genuine complaint about the service you received that night, the band's performance and the way in which the situation was handled - and perhaps you will be lucky enough to be refunded

And to the person who says I don't deserve a refund....why not? If the band were un-entertaining, and cut large portions from the set to avoid crowd participation, and based on all previous performances were uninterested in interaction with their fans..

....and then when it came to me going home I was FORCED to either walk down Sheriff Street past Midnight or do the sensible thing and pay a high premium for a taxi...why don't I deserve to recoup the losses in some way for travel, accommodation, transport, food and concert...I had no other reason to be in Dublin that week....

One thing that tells you how serious this is is the fact that not one member of Guns N Roses has spoken about it through any medium or with anyone since it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

One thing that tells you how serious this is is the fact that not one member of Guns N Roses has spoken about it through any medium or with anyone since it happened.

If they were to speak about it where would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha the band themselves wouldn't dare speak out, they would consider themselves lucky to have jobs, Axl get''s that s*it all the time, he couldn't care less. Although i'm sure he gets fined every night he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

scudzilla wrote: »
    If they were to speak about it where would it be?

Twitter usually, they talk abouit every other gig bar dublin!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Axl hasn't posted on his twitter a/c since just before Dublin (post Reading where much the same thing happened)

Twitter usually, they talk abouit every other gig bar dublin!

I've received no email, contact or letter from MCD

I think people who got refunds obviously said something I didn't make clear...the night sucked

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I've received no email, contact or letter from MCD

I think people who got refunds obviously said something I didn't make clear...the night sucked

oh mcd definatley dropped the ball wiht you....poor form! unless you went to town on them in a bad way i can't see why they havent got back to you!

f*ckers!

Riddle101, what about all those people who had no choice but to leave, those reliant on public transport/private coaches or those who had cars in car parks that were closing or those who were told the gig was over by staff or those who had kids at home and weren't planning on staying out until the wee hours on a Wednesday night, you know, because of stupid things like work the next day? Are those people entitled to a refund or is it tough cheese to them too?

Anyway, regardless of what bullsh*t MCD are pushing I for one am glad that they've finally bothered their bollix replying because now I've tried to engage with the vendor and been told where to go, its off to the small claims court. Even if I don't get anything out of them, it'll be good to give their legal team something to do and it'll be nice to actaully show the courts the contempt that MCD showed their customers. The email I received today was a stock reply basically rehashing what was in their fairystory of a press release. It didn't address any of the concerns I'd laid out in my communication to them so I really want to hear what they have to say when its put to them that they didn't deliver the service that was paid for.

And I'm sure all those small claims applications are recorded somewhere, all the negative publicity, nasty!

I'm only commenting at what the mentality of MCD would be. It's a shame for the people who couldn't stay and had to leave due to their own personal problems. But MCD are not looking at it like that, they don't care about the people's misfortunes or those who came from all over the country, they just care about the money they made from the gig. They seem to think they have a loophole because they feel they don't need to give any refunds since the gig went on. It's wrong but that's MCD for you. Anyway people can try to fight it all they want but unless this goes to the courts or something, I don't think it will go any further. MCD have made it clear that they are not giving any refunds.

MCD have made it clear that they are not giving any refunds.

With the greatest of respect, stop saying this, I know three people now who have recieved full refunds in respect of this gig...and they are all independent from each other, and cannot all be liars

MCD have issued refunds, albeit to an apparent minority in some cases, as a result of this gig. I don't know why this hasn't been pressed further, examined, or taken up with them...but that is what they have done.

With the greatest of respect, stop saying this, I know three people now who have recieved full refunds in respect of this gig...and they are all independent from each other, and cannot all be liars

MCD have issued refunds, albeit to an apparent minority in some cases, as a result of this gig. I don't know why this hasn't been pressed further, examined, or taken up with them...but that is what they have done.

Do you know how they got refunds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

People DEFINITELY have been getting refunds - I've seen the cheque from MCD sent to my friend! I've also seen the letter he sent them; laying out in clear terms why he felt the service he experienced did not meet the standard to be expected under the Sale of Goods and Sales of Services act AND explicitly threatening legal action if he didn't get a refund. The letter worked. He got a cheque in the post with a 'With Compliments' slip stapled to it, with no note included or anything. He then contacted the Small Claims Court to withdraw his application.

I imagine all of the Small Claims Court applications will be dealt with in the near future - good luck to everyone waiting!

Do you know how they got refunds?

It is more or less the situation as explained by the poster above me. The strange thing, not that it matters, is MCD has failed to comment on individual cases or leave any notes with any refund cheques.

In fact, some people have failed to get a response altogether from sending either letters or emails, although some of those who sent emails in the 24 hours soon after the concert have received blanket responses telling them no refund will be given, almost five weeks afterwards - almost a rehash of the press release.

In a situation where MCD is quite obviously offering refunds, this other email tactic is bizarre altogether.

I myself haven't received any contact from MCD, despite my letters of intent, small claims and my emails and calls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

New avatar!! ^^^ :D

New avatar!! ^^^ :D

it is, thanks, I like it!

Parents told me I've a handwritten address, Dublin sent, letter at home. Gonna collect it tomorrow! Pray. For. Mojo!

Parents told me I've a handwritten address, Dublin sent, letter at home. Gonna collect it tomorrow! Pray. For. Mojo!

fingers crossed for you

fingers crossed for you

It's probably some African Prince telling me how his family died in a plane crash and would love to split his fortune but just needs my bank details....

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

I got my cheque today!! thank you very much MCD... I went to the small claims but we did not have a hearing or anything.. :) delighted!!

I got my cheque today!! thank you very much MCD...

I'm delighted for you, the more who receive their cheque and compensation the better:)

But please, DO NOT THANK MCD, this service has not been offered to the majority and although you are lucky in getting a refund for the price of the ticket you had to wait almost six weeks after the concert to do so

Why hasn't any news outlet picked up on this - surely MCD's sudden generosity is news worthy considering the refund claims went ignored and that made the news six weeks ago? Where is TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Storm_rages

actually i wasn't being serious thanking them...it was tongue and cheek. But i would say to anyone bring them to the small claims court.. you have to put them under pressure...

Advertisement