Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Parents told me I've a handwritten address, Dublin sent, letter at home. Gonna collect it tomorrow! Pray. For. Mojo!

It was from Ticketmaster. I sent them a complaint just to cover my ass if I need to go to Small Claims...
    We have been in contact with MCD and the venue management who confirm that Guns n' Roses, as announced during the interuption of their performance, returned to the stage and completed their set.

As a result MCD have confirmed they will not be offfering any refunds to patrons. If you wish to bring this matter further please contact MCD direct.

Blah blah blah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Blah blah blah :rolleyes:

I'm surprised. Another two people told me last night they got refunds, how they're arbitrarily deciding about these refunds is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen - and six weeks after the gig. You would think they would want the good publicity from finally doing the right thing.

What would happen if I called MCD....would they tell me that everyone who has told me they got refunds is obviously a liar....I mean we are nearly talking double figures now, and they're all independent from each other....are they all liars?

I don't think so!

You might not want to, just spoke with MCD, and they have actually said to me....drum roll please..."we are dealing with it and someone will get back in touch with you either via the email or letter you sent!" - that's not a denial and that pretty much confirms that refunds are being issued....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

At this stage, what is needed, is that the media print a story that say that some people have received refunds.

Once that happens, they will be flooded with refund requests that they will have no options but to issue a public statement stating why some people are receiving them.

Surely they can't say that they will just issue refunds if we are brought to court, that would be an nonsensical position to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

actually i wasn't being serious thanking them...it was tongue and cheek. But i would say to anyone bring them to the small claims court.. you have to put them under pressure...

I agree totally with the above post. It appears to have worked for me. Interesting to see what the outcome of this will be in the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

OutlawPete wrote: »
    At this stage, what is needed, is that the media print a story that say that some people have received refunds.

Once that happens, they will be flooded with refund requests that they will have no options but to issue a public statement stating why some people are receiving them.

Surely they can't say that they will just issue refunds if we are brought to court, that would be an nonsensical position to take.
    They probably wont say it (obvious reasons) but that may well be their attitude. Threaten legal action, follow it up with court proceedings - that would be the best bet of getting a refund from these cowboys

Last night Guns N Roses played in Manchester, their final UK date, and well over six weeks since the "Irish Incident"

There was an extremely long wait, again, which meant that most of us succumbed to either Mexican waves or booing the band. Their stage time aside (they were well over two hours late for this performance), and the fact that Axl had several things thrown at him, the band performed more or less the set they did in Dublin... uninterrupted. I spoke to someone who seen them in Maine Road (Manchester City FC Stadium) in 1992. They told me he'd cancelled the first date, because Axl had a sore throat, and then when they rescheduled they ended up coming on nearly 3 hours late and then only playing for an hour because someone threw something at him.

Some people even asked on their way out for a refund because he was that late showing up and even though the set was almost three hours there was reports of arrests outside the arena from angry fans.

In Dublin, massive disturbance, and not one arrest made. But not one apology or refund apparently tolerated.

What made me laugh was Axl's comments
    "I wanna thank the UK for being so great to us after Reading"

So he admits wrong doing in Reading? Perhaps he'd like to apologise to the Irish?

the moderators should sticky this post, because I've just read a staff members response in the paper about GNR turning up late and finishing WAY past curfew in Manchester. His response as to why those who want refunds shouldn't get them. And I quote....
    A spokesman for the M.E.N Arena said: “The M.E.N Arena holds a 24-hour entertainment licence. However, to tie in with local transport links, we always ask that shows finish by 11:00 p.m. The majority of acts comply with this policy, however GUNS N' ROSES have a well-publicized history of late performances of which their fans are fully aware. Last night's late finish would have been no surprise to the majority of fans."

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the moderators should sticky this post, because I've just read a staff members response in the paper about GNR turning up late and finishing WAY past curfew in Manchester. His response as to why those who want refunds shouldn't get them. And I quote....

Sounds familiar doesn't it?
    In this case i cannot see why a refund is required? Axl was expected late as ususal and there was no curfew.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

the moderators should sticky this post, because I've just read a staff members response in the paper about GNR turning up late and finishing WAY past curfew in Manchester.
    There's only one moderator of this forum - me and it's not possible to sticky individual posts, only threads. Even if it was possible to sticky an individual post, what's so special about that post?

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    There's only one moderator of this forum - me and it's not possible to sticky individual posts, only threads. Even if it was possible to sticky an individual post, what's so special about that post?

It just made me laugh that the comment made about the MEN Arena incident was almost identical to MCD's response. It wouldn't surprise me if venue promoters around the world read that press release and figured, if there was a problem...let's just say what they said

I mean, can we rely on the prior history of a band, if it's true to say that long term GNR fans should expect the band to turn up late and play way past transport times and curfew then is it also fair to say that long term fans should expect that they will hear Europe perform the Final Countdown or Diamond Head perform Am I Evil or Metallica perform Nothing Else Matters at a concert...and if they don't, they should ask for a refund?

Can you imagine what would happen if thousands of Metallica fans asked for a refund because the band omitted a song like Enter Sandman from a set.

Are music fans that commercial that they expect the set list they have in their head and the performance exactly like they imagine it will be....No I don't believe so, so why use that as an excuse in this instance? The promoter says 'The performance was as you should have expected it to be' and most people go, oh, OK yeah sure that makes it alright then....it just seems mad to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

As this is the only GnR thread active i just found this pic of an 18yr old Axl's first police mugshot

axl_young.jpg

scudzilla wrote: »
    As this is the only GnR thread active i just found this pic of an 18yr old Axl's first police mugshot

axl_young.jpg

Wow, how times have changed....now he's an upstanding member of the community whose an inspiration to young musicians the world over...

...no, wait...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

scudzilla wrote: »

axl_young.jpg
    no wonder he couldnt get any pussy look at the state of him:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,978 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah true. He looks like he's from the 70s or something with that shaggy hair and flannel shirt.

Wait a second......

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

First pic reminded me of The Incredible Hulk

edhead wrote: »
    First pic reminded me of The Incredible Hulk

First thing that came to mind myself

ON TOPIC

Anybody have any further luck here?

A further update from a poster here who didn't want to be identified. MCD are still sorting out letters and files about this date. Some will get refunds, others will not, and will alternatively get a letter of explanation. This is according to MCD this morning. They have told the poster to keep waiting and that their letters will be answered and addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm not letting this thread disappear.

Advertisement