Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wishy

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

am i insane here but is it normal that there would be a 45 minute break between acts. what are people meant to do, drink, smoke, play snakes and ladders.i dont know of any other paying entertainment event where there is a 45 minute break. if i knew they were coming on at 21.45 i would have arrived at 21.00. can anyone show me where the promoters indicated that that gnr would come on at 21.45. i think they are trying to pull a fast one by saying 21.45.

had a great night but disgracefully run like everything in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

wishy wrote: »
    Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

am i insane here but is it normal that there would be a 45 minute break between acts. what are people meant to do, drink, smoke, play snakes and ladders.i dont know of any other paying entertainment event where there is a 45 minute break. if i knew they were coming on at 21.45 i would have arrived at 21.00. can anyone show me where the promoters indicated that that gnr would come on at 21.45. i think they are trying to pull a fast one by saying 21.45.

had a great night but disgracefully run like everything in ireland.

9.45 thing is BS. Support band dragged it out for at least 45 mins more than sthey should have. 9.00 would have been expected time. This would allow a 2 hour gig and be over before 11.00.

Has anyone anything definitive about concerts needing to be over before 11.00 - would help the court claims

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Carlsberg don't do hissy fits...if they did...they would PROBABLY hire Guns N' Roses!:D:D:D

ill get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"you're on liveline"

0001d0be0D2.jpg

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

papagormo wrote: »
    Carlsberg don't do hissy fits...if they did...they would PROBABLY hire Guns N' Roses!:D:D:D

ill get me coat

lol

apart from Axl who in GnR is still in the original line up? Just my opinion but anyone who goes to bands like this, who are only playing for your money, needs their head examined

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

lol

apart from Axl who in GnR is still in the original line up? Just my opinion but anyone who goes to bands like this, who are only playing for your money, needs their head examined

Not really GNR, is it.

More like 'The Axl Rose Experience'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9F2dt9iwfw&p=DFCE891CCF1BF481&playnext=1&index=27

this is hilarious. axl's behaviour hasn't changed in 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Axl admits he is an asshole during Sweet Child in 2006........@2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9F2dt9iwfw&p=DFCE891CCF1BF481&playnext=1&index=27

this is hilarious. axl's behaviour hasn't changed in 20 years.

"Axl Pose".....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lol

What your saying there is too obvious. Nobody went last night to see anyone other than axl, except for a handful of bumblfoot fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I cannot accept this statement from MCD, they can say all they want about people throwing bottles, but this "statement" is just a run through of what happened yesterday and then no mention, either confirming nor denying, of any refunds or any real apology.

Why hasn't the band commented on this at all - this is a disgrace, and I still believe people are at very least entitled to their refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

How disappointing, Axl's quite the eccentric, to be fair, if you think he's not gonna walk off after having a bottle thrown at him, then you don't know him very well.

I didn't make the gig, would have liked to have seen them at some point but the chances of them coming back now are slim.

I also doubt MCD will be issuing refunds too, judging by what their staff had to say during the set last night and their statement today, it seems they're blaming the crowds.

This is gonna get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lucky-colm wrote: »

Fuuuck, thats bad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I implore you to keep contacting MCD and Ticketmaster, and watch TV3's Evening News...there will be some material there about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Last night was a total sham.
    Axel comes on at 10:25, which meant I only got to see 25 minutes as I had to leave to catch the last train home. So I left after "Sorry" at 10:50pm.
    As I was leaving I heard a couple of people say that he's just after walking off stage.

So I'm out of entrance one, and walking up towards o'connell bridge direction, and who do i see walking down the path in a huff, only Axel, followed by two security guys(dunno if they were his security protection or MCD guys trying to prevent him from leaving?).

I stopped in front of him and asked him wtf was going on but he didn't say anything and just walked by. But he got into an arguement with a guy walking behind me.

Then he just turned around and went back through the gate where the tour buses are.

He probably didn't realise he had walked straight out onto the path were all the pissed off concert-goers were walking home!! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Last night was a total sham.
    Axel comes on at 10:25, which meant I only got to see 25 minutes as I had to leave to catch the last train home. So I left after "Sorry" at 10:50pm.
    As I was leaving I heard a couple of people say that he's just after walking off stage.

So I'm out of entrance one, and walking up towards o'connell bridge direction, and who do i see walking down the path in a huff, only Axel, followed by two security guys(dunno if they were his security protection or MCD guys trying to prevent him from leaving?).

I stopped in front of him and asked him wtf was going on but he didn't say anything and just walked by. But he got into an arguement with a guy walking behind me.

Then he just turned around and went back through the gate where the tour buses are.

He probably didn't realise he had walked straight out onto the path were all the pissed off concert-goers were walking home!! hahaha

I WOULDVE DECKED HIM

funkyflea wrote: »
    if you think he's not gonna walk off after having a bottle thrown at him, then you don't know him very well.

This!

What did people expect? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Looks like he's come back to say sorry to the people of Dublin;

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/09/01/guns-n-roses-playing-live-on-the-liffey-right-now/

I WOULDVE DECKED HIM

Maybe if I was a big strong guy, but I'm a girl (plus he's mental - never know what he would do)

Should have stolen his hat and ran off though!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭derdider

The Nal wrote: »
    This!

What did people expect? :confused:

If he treats his fans like **** what did he expect ?

He deserved what he got and then the little baby ran off in a hissy fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Wolfmoon, cant believe you didnt hit the ginger a fuggin dig.. and that pic on the liffey, what in the fuck is that all about?!

edit: I see youre a girl, shoulda kicked em in the nads so :) youve got that first 3 seconds it takes to affect him, then when he crumbled you shoulda kicked em a few more times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

RVD420 wrote: »
    the boo-ing before the band even arrived on stage was a bit much....

If 14,000 people pay €70 to see you preform, you have some fcuking manners and show up on time.
    And when they did arrive, they were met with a chorus of BOOOOO's ..

Every bit the need for it, he didn't apologise.

If that many people were waiting for me and I was that late, I'd be gracious enough to apologise as would anyone else in this world that wasn't an arsehole.
    .. some f'n imbecile decided to hurl a glass bottle at the stage.

Total and utter bull****.

There were no glass bottles hurled at the stage.
    I've seen Robin Finck, and the great man "Slash" try dance the GNR dance, and DJ fcukng owns all their asses.

Christ.

derdider wrote: »
    If he treats his fans like **** what did he expect ?

He deserved what he got and then the little baby ran off in a hissy fit

What a stupid post. He (and his band by the way) deserved to be bottled because they were late?

You're a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

He might have been pissed off that you called him Axel. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Axl Rose can't do what he likes he same way a bunch of pissed up idiots can't do what they like...

Bambi wrote: »
    He might have been pissed off that you called him Axel. :pac:

Oops!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I wish this had happened to him:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

First and most importantly:

If you throw anything at bands you are scum...you are...you're a scumback knacker and you deserve to have an accicdent after the gig. Absolute lowest form of life, if you've ever done it ....you're a dick....simple.

Get over yourself please. That is too far over the top. It may not be right to throw a few plastic bottles on stage but there are far FAR worse crimes that are commited in this country on a daily basis. Reality check please.

Anyhow, as i said it was wrong to throw bottles on stage, but they were only plastic and common sense must say that if people are drinking all evening and the main performer is late on stage, there is going to be dis-satisfaction. I personally think that Axl doesn't give much of a shit about his fans. I'm not saying this because he was late last night but because it seems to be a recurring theme. The excuse that he's a rocker and shouldn't have to apologise is rather silly too. He should have apologised, it could have defused the situation. I feel very sorry for the people who went to the concert last night. I agree that the concert should not have ended 2 hours after it should have but i don't think ye'll get a refund, i'm not entirely sure ye should tbh. Is it really MCD's fault? I don't think so, the vast majority is Axl's really. I'd just boycott his concerts, his cds, dvds etc in future. Will it make much of a difference? Maybe not, but perhaps if he came back to the O2 in two years time and saw it half full, he might realise that you can't treat your fans with such contempt all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

now that was a walk off that was deserved! Rock in the head! ouch

Advertisement