Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Axl is known for being a dick, but on the other hand it is well known that if you start throwing **** at him, he's gonna walk. So why bother? I'd blame the dicks who were throwing bottles of water as much as Axl realy, especially after he said to stop or they'd walk. ****in idiots.

If you're going to a G N'R show you have to expect this ****. Why is everyone so surprised??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Degag wrote: »
    Get over yourself please. That is too far over the top. It may not be right to throw a few plastic bottles on stage but there are far FAR worse crimes that are commited in this country on a daily basis. Reality check please.

Anyhow, as i said it was wrong to throw bottles on stage, but they were only plastic and common sense must say that if people are drinking all evening and the main performer is late on stage, there is going to be dis-satisfaction. I personally think that Axl doesn't give much of a shit about his fans. I'm not saying this because he was late last night but because it seems to be a recurring theme. The excuse that he's a rocker and shouldn't have to apologise is rather silly too. He should have apologised, it could have defused the situation. I feel very sorry for the people who went to the concert last night. I agree that the concert should not have ended 2 hours after it should have but i don't think ye'll get a refund, i'm not entirely sure ye should tbh. Is it really MCD's fault? I don't think so, the vast majority is Axl's really. I'd just boycott his concerts, his cds, dvds etc in future. Will it make much of a difference? Maybe not, but perhaps if he came back to the O2 in two years time and saw it half full, he might realise that you can't treat your fans with such contempt all the time.
    Get over myself? I'm not talking about F**Ing crime, i'm talking about dicks who throw stuff at bands....Every gig i go to there is always some knob who manages to throw somthing at some band member....i'm saying if you do that you are a knacker....and i am right.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭derdider

The Nal wrote: »
    What a stupid post. He (and his band by the way) deserved to be bottled because they were late?

You're a moron.

Your an utterly blind fan-boi who cant see Axl for the idiot he is.

If he treats his fans like crap he deserves to be treated like crap.

And they were PLASTIC cups. Get over yourself. They weren't "bottled" :rolleyes:

Its not as if they threw them at him for no reason (Like in the Nickleback video) Axl deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Degag wrote: »
    I'd just boycott his concerts, his cds, dvds etc in future.

That should be easy enough. It took him a million years to release Chinese Democracy so we'll all probably be old and deaf before the next CD is released and I don't think there'll be too many more GNR gigs in Ireland in the foreseeable future!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Get over myself? I'm not talking about F**Ing crime, i'm talking about dicks who throw stuff at bands....Every gig i go to there is always some knob who manages to throw somthing at some band member....i'm saying if you do that you are a knacker....and i am right.

If you think that someone who throws a few plastic bottles on stage deserves to be in an accident on the way home, you have alot of issues.

And if you think it's the lowest form of life, you have alot of living to do yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Why the **** do people (scumbags, fools, idiots) pay money to see a band just to throw bottles at them? Do they not know Axl and he's hatred for that kinda stuff. Any tom dick or harry would know he'd go off in a pissy fit. I feel sorry for the fans that payed to go see them only for some idiots in the crowd to ruin it for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

derdider wrote: »
    Your an utterly blind fan-boi who cant see Axl for the idiot he is.

If he treats his fans like crap he deserves to be treated like crap.

And they were PLASTIC cups. Get over yourself. They weren't "bottled" :rolleyes:

Its not as if they threw them at him for no reason (Like in the Nickleback video) Axl deserved it

Im not a blind fan boy at all and I know EXACTLY how much of a total **** he is. Its part of the appeal, always has been.

Its whats in the cups/bottles or whatever thats the issue. Water/Beer and the like, makes the stage slippy and can really **** up the electrics.

Get over myself? Do you know electronic equipment and water dont work well together and can be very dangerous?!

Axl, (and his band mates who did nothing wrong), nor did the Irish security who got most of the showering, "deserved" to have.....what will we call it?..... liquid, thrown at them? Is that really your opinion? For being late and not apologising? The poor girl from MCD deserved to have stuff thrown at her too did she?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

I was at gig last night and enjoyed it -ive seen gnr on numerous occasions and was expecting all this to happen as i know what axls like.firstly the support band finished at nearly 9.30 not 9pm all these false reports are wrecking my head gnr came on at 10.25 as my girlfriend timed it.the booing from the crowd was an absolute disgrace as were the 2 glasses incidents and i can confirm axl was hit twice by 2 pint glasses as i witnesed it -if i could get my hands on the scum that threw the glasses i would of destroyed him ,axl was dead right to walk off i was surprised he came back on but waited and saw a full set list besides dont cry .
    axl was going through the motions but i dont blame him i blame the crowd booing him plus the idiots that threw the plastic cups no wonder he was annoyed.
    great band 7/10 for gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Look

If Axl isn't into performing - and by the sounds of it he wasn't - he should just quit now, and stop p***ing people off - continuously.

It's not "part of his appeal" - it's downright bad manners to amble onstage half an hour late.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

not acceptable to come on so late and leave a crowd waiting ,but also i blame the members of the crowd that threw th bottles and cups thats just stupid ...

seems like the new thing to do at a gig now is chuck half pints of beer over people and the bands its idiotic .

that was the other reason that ruined r.a.t.m for me apart from them being s**t live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

I was at gig last night and enjoyed it -ive seen gnr on numerous occasions and was expecting all this to happen as i know what axls like.firstly the support band finished at nearly 9.30 not 9pm all these false reports are wrecking my head gnr came on at 10.25 as my girlfriend timed it.the booing from the crowd was an absolute disgrace as were the 2 glasses incidents and i can confirm axl was hit twice by 2 pint glasses as i witnesed it -if i could get my hands on the scum that threw the glasses i would of destroyed him ,axl was dead right to walk off i was surprised he came back on but waited and saw a full set list besides dont cry .
    axl was going through the motions but i dont blame him i blame the crowd booing him plus the idiots that threw the plastic cups no wonder he was annoyed.
    great band 7/10 for gig

Seems to be a big problem now with these discussions, as evidenced above, is with times getting all messed up. The support finished after 9( 9.15 or thereabouts). They should have finished at about 8.45 which the norm. They were obviously todl to keep playing. This goes with the press release taht says teh band were due to come on at 9.45 but they ended up being 40 minutes late and went on at 10.26pm. They did go on at 10.26 but where the f*ck did thsi 9.45 time come from? CYA excerise in the works?

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Last night was a total sham.
    Axel comes on at 10:25, which meant I only got to see 25 minutes as I had to leave to catch the last train home. So I left after "Sorry" at 10:50pm.
    As I was leaving I heard a couple of people say that he's just after walking off stage.

So I'm out of entrance one, and walking up towards o'connell bridge direction, and who do i see walking down the path in a huff, only Axel, followed by two security guys(dunno if they were his security protection or MCD guys trying to prevent him from leaving?).

I stopped in front of him and asked him wtf was going on but he didn't say anything and just walked by. But he got into an arguement with a guy walking behind me.

Then he just turned around and went back through the gate where the tour buses are.

He probably didn't realise he had walked straight out onto the path were all the pissed off concert-goers were walking home!! hahaha
    its guys like you who were booing i presume guys that call axl axel :rolleyes:
    people who havent a clue hope you enjoyed the walk home while i enjoyed the gig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭derdider

Im not a blind fan boy at all and I know EXACTLY how much of a total **** he is. Its part of the appeal, always has been.

Its whats in the cups/bottles or whatever thats the issue. Water/Beer and the like, makes the stage slippy and can really **** up the electrics.

Get over myself? Do you know electronic equipment and water dont work well together and can be very dangerous?!

Axl, (and his band mates who did nothing wrong), nor did the Irish security who got most of the showering, "deserved" to have.....what will we call it?..... liquid, thrown at them? Is that really your opinion? For being late and not apologising? The poor girl from MCD deserved to have stuff thrown at her too did she?

Nobody mentioned the band, the security or the MCD girl. I dont know if water was thrown on her but nobody ever condoned that.

I have never thrown anything on stage in my life, never would and dont like people who do. But i think id have made an exception for Axl last night.

You say "for being late" as if they missed their flight or something or they were late through no fault of their own. They weren't late. They were right there in the building but they (he) just couldnt be arsed coming out. A big f**k you to the fans waiting outside who are paying him. IMO he deserved what he got.

I was at Metallica in the Point in '96 and during Jason Newsteads bass solo a few pints were thrown on him and his bass. (Some idiots thought it was funny) Jason just smiled and continued to rock on. Thats how you handle it - and Jason did nothing wrong.

If you antagonise the crowd like Axl did he had to expect that some people werent going to be happy. People are saying they shouldnt have thrown the cups because they should have know Axl wouldnt be happy. Well he shouldnt have intentionally been an hour and half late as he knew the crowd wouldnt be happy. It goes both ways....

Look

If Axl isn't into performing - and by the sounds of it he wasn't - he should just quit now, and stop p***ing people off - continuously.

It's not "part of his appeal" - it's downright bad manners to amble onstage half an hour late.

"Bad manners". Hes Axl Rose. What did people expect? Him to come on and say "Its really lovely to be hear in your beautiful country" and then say "So any requests?". The man is a world class wanker.

Its like going to a Cliff Richard gig and expecting him to walk out pissed up, with a big spliff in his mouth and calling people c.unts. Axl was ALWAYS going to be late, which is why we got there at 9.15. If youre willing to pay 70 quid+ for a ticket and you don't know he has a rep for being late you need to do more research. Either that or you have too much money. You wouldnt spend 70 quid in a restaurant without checking it out first would you?

Last night was the maybe the most unpredictable, crazy, chaotic gig I've ever seen. Loved it.

Axl did the gig whats all the fuss :eek:
    just because a load of idiots went home to bed half way through during axls hissy fit :rolleyes:
    these are people who arent rock n roll veterans like me who have seen this from loads of bands throughout the world:P
    Manchester in october hope its as good as last night :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I WOULDVE DECKED HIM

And what good would that have served? Having to resort to physical violense is proberly worse then the people who threw bottles at the stage. Not just that but any chance of the guy coming back would have been ruined just for that act alone, and it would have made people more p!ssed off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

its guys like you who were booing i presume guys that call axl axel :rolleyes:
    people who havent a clue hope you enjoyed the walk home while i enjoyed the gig ;)

What are you talking about? I got his name wrong - big deal.
    No I'm not a mega Guns N Roses or Axel Rose fan, but I was really looking forward to seeing them. I was getting more and more pissed off because I had to leave at 10:50pm and time was ticking away.
    He was so late coming out.

I wasn't expecting him to come out on time obviously, but I was expecting to see an hour maybe, but I got 25 minutes!! Not happy and I let him know when I saw him outside.

"Bad manners". Hes Axl Rose. What did people expect? Him to come on and say "Its really lovely to be hear in your beautiful country" and then say "So any requests?". The man is a world class wanker.

Its like going to a Cliff Richard gig and expecting him to walk out pissed up, with a big spliff in his mouth and calling people c.unts. Axl was ALWAYS going to be late, which is why we got there at 9.15. If youre willing to pay 70 quid+ for a ticket and you don't know he has a rep for being late you need to do more research. Either that or you have too much money. You wouldnt spend 70 quid in a restaurant without checking it out first would you?

Last night was the maybe the most unpredictable, crazy, chaotic gig I've ever seen. Loved it.

I wouldnt expect him to come and say that no. What should happen is he should have the f**king manners - yes MANNERS - to come on stage on time and do the gig.

And Axl being "late" is disrespectful - no two ways about it.

derdider wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned the band, the security or the MCD girl. I dont know if water was thrown on her but nobody ever condoned that.

I have never thrown anything on stage in my life, never would and dont like people who do. But i think id have made an exception for Axl last night.

You say "for being late" as if they missed their flight or something or they were late through no fault of their own. They weren't late. They were right there in the building but they (he) just couldnt be arsed coming out. A big f**k you to the fans waiting outside who are paying him. IMO he deserved what he got.

I was at Metallica in the Point in '96 and during Jason Newsteads bass solo a few pints were thrown on him and his bass. (Some idiots thought it was funny) Jason just smiled and continued to rock on. Thats how you handle it - and Jason did nothing wrong.

If you antagonise the crowd like Axl did he had to expect that some people werent going to be happy. People are saying they shouldnt have thrown the cups because they should have know Axl wouldnt be happy. Well he shouldnt have intentionally been an hour and half late as he knew the crowd wouldnt be happy. It goes both ways....

The band, the security and the MCD girl all got hit.

Jason Newstead is a stable, normal person. Axl Rose is not. Everyone knows this right? :confused:

By the way, nobody has mentioned the fights to the left of the stage that kept happening, the drunk idiot from Belfast who pushed his girlfriend to the floor, (she landed on my feet), the guy I saw grabbing a teenage girl in front of her brother/boyfriend and dumping her on the ground etc etc. Horrible, horrible crowd last night. Like a bunch of dangerous mental patients let out for the day.

Mickey - I agree 100% with you about him being late, but hes ALWAYS late. Always. To use another analogy, its like the people who go to see Dylan and are pissed off after that he didnt play his songs as they are on the albums or chat to the crowd. I mean, theres only 45 years of evidence there. Same with Axl, hes been the same since 1986!!

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I got his name wrong - big deal.
    No I'm not a mega Guns N Roses or Axel Rose fan, but I was really looking forward to seeing them. I was getting more and more pissed off because I had to leave at 10:50pm and time was ticking away.
    He was so late coming out.

I wasn't expecting him to come out on time obviously, but I was expecting to see an hour maybe, but I got 25 minutes!! Not happy and I let him know when I saw him outside.
    what did i tell ya AXL not AXEL :p
    if you expected a normal show you need your head examined -he done the show where he had every right not to come back well done axl

• Advertisement

Jason Newstead is a stable, normal person. Axl Rose is not. Everyone knows this right? :confused:

By the way, nobody has mentioned the fights to the left of the stage that kept happening, the drunk idiot from Belfast who pushed his girlfriend to the floor, (she landed on my feet), the guy I saw grabbing a teenage girl in front of her brother/boyfriend and dumping her on the ground etc etc. Horrible, horrible crowd last night. Like a bunch of dangerous mental patients let out for the day.

Axl must've brought them along?? I saw a video of Slash recently. He was playing a gig in the US(I think?) - some guy gets on stage and grabs Slash from behind........Slash merely leans over, the guy goes over the top of him and Slash continues playing. That's how ya do it, Axl. Having a go at these people only encourages them to do it again.

can you tell me what the belfast show was like good man

Oh yeah I'd like to hear that

Sensitive bunch arent you?

Sorry, wasnt having a go at people from Belfast. Only reason I mentioned it is because it was talking to the girl after, who was also from Belfast. Which is actually irrelevant I know. I retract. :)

Most of the **** last night was caused, the fights I saw anyway, by knackers from Dublin.

Although that lad was well offside.

Sorry, wasnt having a go at people from Belfast. Only reason I mentioned it is because it was talking to the girl after, who was also from Belfast. Which is actually irrelevant I know. I retract. :)

Most of the **** last night was caused, the fights I saw anyway, by knackers from Dublin.

Who paid in expecting to see a man performing a gig and not behaving like a baby. Axl's problem is he's a f**king spoilt brat. He's had "yes men" crawling outta his ass since the UYI days. And these people pander to his every need, hence him being a primadonna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Disagree, any aggro I saw in the crowd was from bunches of fellas from all around the country judging by their accents.

Who paid in expecting to see a man performing a gig and not behaving like a baby. Axl's problem is he's a f**king spoilt brat. He's had "yes men" crawling outta his ass since the UYI days. And these people pander to his every need, hence him being a primadonna.

Yep. Agree again.

Heres a vid of GnR performing in 1991 in St Louis, Missouri, where Axl jumps into the crowd to get a camera off someone. He left the stage and there was a full scale riot, tear gas, cars turned upside down, police men ended up in hospital, the works.

Is this a man that can be trusted to turn up on time? Is this a man you would expect to get zero reaction from if you throw a bottle at him?

bohsboy wrote: »
    Disagree, any aggro I saw in the crowd was from bunches of fellas from all around the country judging by their accents.

So just a country wide disaster then? Even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Mickey - I agree 100% with you about him being late, but hes ALWAYS late. Always. To use another analogy, its like the people who go to see Dylan and are pissed off after that he didnt play his songs as they are on the albums or chat to the crowd. I mean, theres only 45 years of evidence there. Same with Axl, hes been the same since 1986!!

He was NOT late in 2006 RDS when I saw him last time.

The fights were obviously going to happen when people are left waiting, getting sober and more cranky (and less tolerant of drunken idiots and long queues), or the opposite - getting more and more drunk as they wait and more pissed off from the wait. The warm up band had long gone, crowd was not warmed up, no pleasant atmosphere. No atmosphere at all. We were left with lights up, no music to speak of while we waited (faintly heard Orion playing in the background) There was no explanation, communication or interaction during this hour and a half or so from organisers. We're left to our own devices wondering. Then when he comes out like an arrogant prick with no apology and this riled people up more. He's not doing us a favour by playing, we're ****ing paying him! I'm laid back and a fan but I was fit to crack skulls.

He was NOT late in 2006 RDS when I saw him last time.

No, but he WAS sh1t. Last night when he came back he was very good. He should actually tone down the running/dancing now that hes older, it effects his voice. He sounded great when he stood still.

Look people, hes a bollox, no doubt. Thats what fame does to some people. Although he was singing "They're out to get me" before he bacame famous. :confused: Who exactly is out to get you Axl? Some barman you owe a tab to?

It could be worse though. At least hes not a relentless paedophile like Michael Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Amazing that the gigs at Reading and Leeds went in a similar vein to the one in Dublin, and it was still the fans that were blamed not the washed up parody of himself that is Axl Rose.

I was in Solvesborg in June for the Sweden Rock festivel, and what happened?

Yep Axl did not come onstage until after midnight. And the crowd was not happy to say the least.

I am convinced he is happy to incite crowds by coming out late so that he can just do the minimum time onstage to get his money and then just flounce off.

That night in Solvesborg was only my fourth time at a Guns N Roses gig, the first time I saw them live was at the Monsters Of Rock festivel in 1988, but only once out of those four gigs was Axl able to make the stage on time or close to being on time.

The man simply cares nothing for fans of Guns N Roses from what I have seen over the last 20 odd years, he just massages his own ego at the expense of anyone.

Advertisement