Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Nal wrote: »
    No, but he WAS sh1t. Last night when he came back he was very good. He should actually tone down the running/dancing now that hes older, it effects his voice. He sounded great when he stood still.

Look people, hes a bollox, no doubt. Thats what fame does to some people. Although he was singing "They're out to get me" before he bacame famous. :confused: Who exactly is out to get you Axl? Some barman you owe a tab to?

It could be worse though. At least hes not a relentless paedophile like Michael Jackson.

I am pretty sure that there is nothing relentless about Jackson at this point. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Heres an alternative reaction to getting pelted with beer.

From 1.50 on.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Axl must've brought them along?? I saw a video of Slash recently. He was playing a gig in the US(I think?) - some guy gets on stage and grabs Slash from behind........Slash merely leans over, the guy goes over the top of him and Slash continues playing. That's how ya do it, Axl. Having a go at these people only encourages them to do it again.

Here ya go,feckin' legend,even throws in a bit of air guitar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

lord lucan wrote: »

Absolute legend... got rugby tackled and kept on going

I'm loving the arguments here today. Massive range of views. But gotta say, the only people happy with the gig last night seem to be people who are willing to put up with axl's bull no matter what. Otherwise, most people seem fairly p1ssed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »

God I fcukin love Slash. Cool as fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

o1s1n wrote: »
    Stopped during welcome to the jungle and Axel said something. I think he was telling people to stop booing or they'd leave the stage.

He got bottles thrown at him .... Another great example of anti-social behaviour (GAA had nice display lately). 100% support GNR on this. Whatever the reason for them to be late getting bottles thrown at them is no way to behave at a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

No, but he WAS sh1t. Last night when he came back he was very good. He should actually tone down the running/dancing now that hes older, it effects his voice. He sounded great when he stood still.

Look people, hes a bollox, no doubt. Thats what fame does to some people. Although he was singing "They're out to get me" before he bacame famous. :confused: Who exactly is out to get you Axl? Some barman you owe a tab to?

It could be worse though. At least hes not a relentless paedophile like Michael Jackson.

Once again I have to disagree with the comparison between last night and the '06 gig. The RDS gig was much better seeing as there were no antics to speak of, last night was just f*cking childish. No amount of praising him by anyone or trying to pass off his attitude as being part of a mystique that the majority of us just don't get is cutting any ice with me. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ZeRoY wrote: »
    He got bottles thrown at him .... Another great example of anti-social behaviour (GAA had nice display lately). 100% support GNR on this. Whatever the reason for them to be late getting bottles thrown at them is no way to behave at a concert.

You're right with the bottle throwing. However, saying you're100% in support of the band is ridiculous. The whole farce was their own making. If they didn't turn up an hour and a half late, or to put it worse, a half hour before the O2s curfew none of this would have happened.

If they didn't storm off stage and the O2 had kept to their curfew time (like every other concert I've been to) then this would have been a half hour gig.

phil1nj wrote: »
    Once again I have to disagree with the comparison between last night and the '06 gig. The RDS gig was much better seeing as there were no antics to speak of, last night was just f*cking childish. No amount of praising him by anyone or trying to pass off his attitude as being part of a mystique that the majority of us just don't get is cutting any ice with me. Sorry.

IIRC, the only "antics" to speak of at that gig was him having one of his hacks wipe some water/liquid off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

No, but he WAS sh1t.

He was class at that

• Advertisement

IIRC, the only "antics" to speak of at that gig was him having one of his hacks wipe some water/liquid off the stage.
    Ironically enough, I turned up late for the RDS gig, expecting them to be late on stage and missed a few songs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

was really disapointed last night, 70 euro for that shambles worst concert ive witnessed!!! Id agree that throwing bottles up on stage is stupid and is not gonna do any favours considering the diva on stage is only looking for an excuse to fcuk off but the large crowd that gave him an ovation when he came back on really makes me wonder sometimes about the mentality of people in this country.

also felt really sorry for the people that travelled to dublin for this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

Why is everone surprise. They do this every festival or gig they do. They suck! Axel Rose is douche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Jesus Christ 75 heads online just because of GnR was late 90mins!
    I think that was very unrespectful to the fans sorry about your money guys

Listenin to Paul McLoone on TodayFM atm, and he says that Axl said something along the lines of: "Oh you're makin' Dublin look f**kin bad", when the crowd started leaving the arena!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 finton

What happened at o2 was ridiculous by both band and crowd, the youtube clip I saw was an embarassment to the nation with some oaf who probably normally watches xfactor saying F off all the time, why did so many dicks wait around if they were so angry, Axl wasn't the only tool there, well done Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

More importantly, as I've stressed here again and again today, we need to put pressure on MCD and we need to demand compensation or a refund

More importantly, as I've stressed here again and again today, we need to put pressure on MCD and we need to demand compensation or a refund

Ye won't get it.

Ye won't get it.
    I dont think you'll get it either, but you definitely wont get it if you dont try.

Seosaimh77 wrote: »
    I dont think you'll get it either, but you definitely wont get it if you dont try.

Why waste time then?

• Advertisement

Why waste time then?
    As I said, you definitely wont get it if you dont try. There is more chance of getting it if you try... however slim those chances might be.

Kinda like doing the lotto. Chances of you winning are slim. But people still try and every now and then one of them gets lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Pretty doubtful that people will get a refund. In their opinion since GnR did actually play last night, and played until 1:00am, as far as they're concerned. Everybody got what they asked for. It's just that some people decided to leave on their own free will, therefore it isn't their fault. I'm not saying that's what they think but I suspect that that's the mentality that MCD or ticketmaster have towards the situation. But I agree with the above, if you don't try then you won't know for sure, and if they do give out refunds, then you'll be sorry that you didn't try to get a refund

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'll definitely be knocking on the door of No. 7 Park Road to have a chat with Mr. Desmond!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

get joe duffy on the case :D:D:D:D

jayus rose is a serious gob****e get over yourself tool

the crowd were right :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've tried to stay out of this debate all day as i wasn't at the gig myself. But i've just had a chance to look at the youtube vid and it's fairly shocking.
    As far as i can tell there is no reason whatsoever for Axl to act the way he did, and by this i mean by coming on so late.
    I do think that he had every right to walk off the stage when he did as i wouldn't take that kind sh!t either.
    The crowd acted like a pack of animals,and that cannot be denied. It's to be expected though, if you are going to made to wait that long in a place where the only thing to do is drink beer,then that is most likely what you are going to do. And we all know what happens to angry irish people full of drink. You just have to look at you own town or city at the weekend.

The whole thing stinks! Axl for being a total ignoramous, and the few people in the crowd that acted like scum.
    Axl should have at least said sorry.
    And what would have been beautiful to see from the crowd would be a total walk out,although having spent 70 euro a ticket i can understand why so many stayed.
    So guy's next time vote with your wallet and the next time Axl's circus comes to town just don't go.
    It's such a pity really cause they played Welcome to the Jungle on the radio earlier and it is such a bangin tune from a great album from a band that were once called The most dangerous band in the world and that are now frankly quite embarrassing.

Ah well i'll always have Slaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Listenin to Paul McLoone on TodayFM atm, and he says that Axl said something along the lines of: "Oh you're makin' Dublin look f**kin bad", when the crowd started leaving the arena!!!

Funny thing was that was said but it wasint axl..it was tommy stinson talkin to the crowd the bass player tryin to take control...for the whole time after axl came back on stage he stood in front of the drum riser and just sang the songs..but he did move for sweet child but only to lean against the bass amp...so dissapointed after defending the band on here for weeks in the build up to this gig and this is coming from someone who has seen this band about 10 times since 02...totally unprofessional but the band behind him never stopped trying to get the crowd going,while axl sulked in the corner

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Maybe if I was a big strong guy, but I'm a girl (plus he's mental - never know what he would do)

Should have stolen his hat and ran off though!!!:rolleyes:
    Given the allegations made by two of his previous girlfriends (Erin Everly and Stephanie Seymour), I can't help but think that maybe you did the right think and walk away!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Life is about experiences and learning from them, last night I paid hard earned cash to watch a "fat has been" recite some songs and be a baby! Lesson learned, I will never pay/listen/speak of anything to do with that fat ginger fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

heres what axl should be doing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Life is about experiences and learning from them, last night I paid hard earned cash to watch a "fat has been" recite some songs and be a baby! Lesson learned, I will never pay/listen/speak of anything to do with that fat ginger fool.

he was a fat hasbeen ginger c**t before the gig so why did you go ?

Advertisement