Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Shambles at O2??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SqueakyBeast

Was it true he wore a Union Jack blazer/jacket, and that's what made everyone cross in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Was it true he wore a Union Jack blazer/jacket, and that's what made everyone cross in the first place?

Yeah. :rolleyes:

where did you hear that ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jedward T-shirt actually...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

anyone see the scuts that threw the bottles -is there cctv in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SqueakyBeast

duckysauce wrote: »
    where did you hear that ****e?

Just saw the video, and he's not wearing it. :o

It was a rumour I read on the internet, and you know how hard it is to get straight facts online!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I'd be really pi$$ed if I'd gone to that gig.

I'd be even more pi$$ed if I'd left, based on what some toilet cleaner told me, only to get home and find that the band actually played the full gig :pac:

anyone see the scuts that threw the bottles -is there cctv in there

bottles - do sell them in the o2 or is it plastic glasses/ bottles !! as the ones that flew at dick head looked plastic:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

only plastic is sold in the O2 whether bottle or pint "glass". (Actually its not even a pint!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

More importantly, as I've stressed here again and again today, we need to put pressure on MCD and we need to demand compensation or a refund

Refund? On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

I am definately contacting MCD about a refund,when the house lights came on we were instructed to leave by O2 staff who told us to leave as the band were not coming back,so we did......I've paid 70 euros for 4 songs-not what I call value for money!!Not to mention I'm not from Dublin so there's the train ticket,hotel etc etc. I'm not condoning the bottle throwing incidents but people were rightly upset standing around for 90 mins-and I think part of the problem was that no one came out in the duration and told us what was happening.People were concerned with because of the English debacle they were going to be no shows and when he finally did make it onstage he did't even apologise to the fans-had he ate some humble pie and apologise for his a**hole behaviour I think people would have left him get on with it.

I am definately contacting MCD about a refund,when the house lights came on we were instructed to leave by O2 staff who told us to leave as the band were not coming back,so we did......I've paid 70 euros for 4 songs-not what I call value for money!!Not to mention I'm not from Dublin so there's the train ticket,hotel etc etc. I'm not condoning the bottle throwing incidents but people were rightly upset standing around for 90 mins-and I think part of the problem was that no one came out in the duration and told us what was happening.People were concerned with because of the English debacle they were going to be no shows and when he finally did make it onstage he did't even apologise to the fans-had he ate some humble pie and apologise for his a**hole behaviour I think people would have left him get on with it.

Did you honestly expect an apology from Axl Rose? Really? :confused: It would have been the first time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I am definately contacting MCD about a refund,when the house lights came on we were instructed to leave by O2 staff who told us to leave as the band were not coming back,so we did......I've paid 70 euros for 4 songs-not what I call value for money!!

Go for the Small Claims Court - MCD won't listen to you, but they just might listed to the judge.

Go for the Small Claims Court - MCD won't listen to you, but they just might listed to the judge.

Again, on what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The Nal wrote: »
    Refund? On what grounds?

On the grounds that we paid for a night of entertainment and we did not receive this. There was mis information, a curfew we were unsure as to whether would be enforced, no detailed information or clarification on any delays until MCD's statement and massive inconvenience as well as the fact that my ticket did not state I needed to bring a car to get home from his gig....I believed I had the option of using public transport to and from the gig

I did not pay for Danko Jones, their name was not on my ticket, I did not want to see them - they were selected for us as an audience and played a massively extended set to stall for time followed by another hour of an interlude by which point the crowd had every right to be upset - even if they had no right to throw water in cups, not glass bottles, not cans, not any unknown substance - WATER IN PLASTIC CUPS AS WE ALL KNEW EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS....GET IT RIGHT, AND STOP SPREADING LIES

And most importantly the fact that the house lights came up, security informing people they should leave and then not re admitting them, and some people going home because they were not informed properly

There were two messages from MCD staff, followed by the houselights going up and people started to leave - no information like "this performance has not ended. these houselights are for security purposes. please remain calm and in your seats", and by all accounts when Rose came back there was no apology for the delay towards the fans who bothered to wait around for him and then had to watch him standing there like a spoiled child. It was a complete joke.

And stop having MCD staff throll this board, they can do better things, like responding to the emails they are getting sent and refunding the tickets.

On the grounds that we paid for a night of entertainment and we did not receive this. There was mis information, a curfew we were unsure as to whether would be enforced, no detailed information or clarification on any delays until MCD's statement and massive inconvenience as well as the fact that my ticket did not state I needed to bring a car to get home from his gig....I believed I had the option of using public transport to and from the gig

And most importantly the fact that the house lights came up, security informing people they should leave and then not re admitting them, and some people going home because they were not informed properly

There were two messages from MCD staff, followed by the houselights going up and people started to leave - no information like "this performance has not ended. these houselights are for security purposes. please remain calm and in your seats", and by all accounts when Rose came back there was no apology for the delay towards the fans who bothered to wait around for him and then had to watch him standing there like a spoiled child. It was a complete joke.

And stop having MCD staff throll this board, they can do better things, like responding to the emails they are getting sent and refunding the tickets.

I have no love for MCD, they are <snip>, with a proven track record, no question. However, the band being late is not a reason for a refund. Nor is the show going on late.

Security not re-admitting people is a reason to look for a refund though. Thats a load of bollox from MCD/The O2.

I still think its stupid of people to leave because security said the gig was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Security not re-admitting people is a reason to look for a refund though. Thats a load of bollox from MCD/The O2.

That was just one problem I had that night, alongside a number of others

I didn't mean you worked for MCD personally but I know for a fact that MCD have been monitoring this thread and those in the Irish Times have been monitoring here as well.

Here's an interesting story from the Irish Times, where MCD actually try to take credit for salvaging the situation...perhaps Desmond Dennis would be kind enough to apologise to those who missed their last DART and LUAS, who had to drive from Cork to Dublin and were kept until 1am and delayed several hours and had various breaks in the performance and generally feel ripped off

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0903/1224278127125.html
    MCD’s Denis Desmond came out on stage to plead with some sections of the audience to stop throwing items and promised to have the band back on stage shortly. He also stopped Rose leaving the venue, MCD said.

Now that wasn't in the press release, was it? Where did this come from?
    The statement issued by MCD made no mention of refunds for those fans who left the concert early in the mistaken belief that it was over.

No mention. Are they chancing their arm here to see if we'll go away? Do they have a plan in motion, I wish they would tell us.

Another great summary of the evening
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/going-out/review-guns-n-roses-at-o2-dublin-2322975.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Well apart from the fact that it leaves out the fact that Axl got soaked by whatever was thrown at him at the start of WTTJ. The way it's written, it's as if the bottle was just lobbed up onto a random part of the stage.

Also, not sure of the credability of the reviewers taste in music describing songs like WTTJ, It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone as being "appalling numbers"!

That was just one problem I had that night, alongside a number of others

I didn't mean you worked for MCD personally but I know for a fact that MCD have been monitoring this thread and those in the Irish Times have been monitoring here as well.

Here's an interesting story from the Irish Times, where MCD actually try to take credit for salvaging the situation...perhaps Desmond Dennis would be kind enough to apologise to those who missed their last DART and LUAS, who had to drive from Cork to Dublin and were kept until 1am and delayed several hours and had various breaks in the performance and generally feel ripped off

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0903/1224278127125.html

Now that wasn't in the press release, was it? Where did this come from?

No mention. Are they chancing their arm here to see if we'll go away? Do they have a plan in motion, I wish they would tell us.

Another great summary of the evening
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/going-out/review-guns-n-roses-at-o2-dublin-2322975.html

MCD said in the press release that they "stopped the performer from leaving the venue". Apparently Axl actually stormed off out onto the road, to the quays followed by his security and Desmond walked out after him, they had a shouting match and Axl came back. Couple of fans saw it. Madness.

As for MCD, thats for another day. Their "response" after Poxegen 2006 was shameful and they should've been fined by the government for unfair trading. Gagging this website too was poor.

<snip>

Seriously, look at this sh1t: "He insists on performing track after track from the flop of an album that is 'Chinese Democracy'.

Admittedly, the band do a decent take on 'Sweet Child O'Mine', but Axl looks like he couldn't give a monkeys and their playing unashamedly apes Slash."

For starters, he didn't do "track after track" from Chinese Democracy. They didnt play more than two in a row from the album.

Sweet Child O'Mine was/is average, and the bass player fluffed the intro. Only reason it seemed good is because the place went mental. You could Be Mine sounded fantastic, as did Axls voice. November Rain, although Im not mad about it, sounded superb too.

Lazy, lazy, lazy journalism by a poor journalist in a rubbish paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MCD said in the press release that they "stopped the performer from leaving the venue". Apparently Axl actually stormed off out onto the road, to the quays followed by his security and Desmond walked out after him, they had a shouting match and Axl came back. Couple of fans saw it. Madness.

As for MCD, thats for another day. Their "response" after Poxegen 2006 was shameful and they should've been fined by the government for unfair trading. Gagging this website too was poor.

<snip>
    Seriously, look at this sh1t: "He insists on performing track after track from the flop of an album that is 'Chinese Democracy'.

Admittedly, the band do a decent take on 'Sweet Child O'Mine', but Axl looks like he couldn't give a monkeys and their playing unashamedly apes Slash."

For starters, he didn't do "track after track" from Chinese Democracy. They didnt play more than two in a row from the album.

Sweet Child O'Mine was/is average, and the bass player fluffed the intro. Only reason it seemed good is because the place went mental. You could Be Mine sounded fantastic, as did Axls voice. November Rain, although Im not mad about it, sounded superb too.

Lazy, lazy, lazy journalism by a poor journalist in a rubbish paper.
    on that note:
    here the first sentence in an article today (indo)
    IT was a perfect Indian summer day, the sky an unbroken arc of blue, the fields and streets bathed in warm yellow-tinted kisses from a dazzling sun.

oops must credit Lise Hand for that quote not Sweeney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

on that note:

IT was a perfect Indian summer day, the sky an unbroken arc of blue, the fields and streets bathed in warm yellow-tinted kisses from a dazzling sun.

What a twat.

on that note:

hahahahaha. What a total load of cobblers. Stop reading Wordsworth please dear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

On the grounds that we paid for a night of entertainment and we did not receive this.
    Letter of the law we did (even if AXL wasnt all that entertaining) even though there was a f*ck up, even though the gig ran late, even though people left and coudlnt get back in......guns n roses played music on a stage for over 2 hours....again that constitutes "a night of entertainment" so we wont be getting anything off them!
    There were two messages from MCD staff, followed by the houselights going up and people started to leave - no information like "this performance has not ended. these houselights are for security purposes. please remain calm and in your seats",

They couldnt deliver a message like this as they didnt know what was going on, look at it from their perspective, if they said this then axl did leave and the gig had to be called off their would have been f*ckin murder and people would be here complaining about being lied to!

and by all accounts when Rose came back there was no apology for the delay towards the fans who bothered to wait around for him and then had to watch him standing there like a spoiled child. It was a complete joke.

I completely agree with you on this part....he acted like a right petulant little f*ck, clearly going through the motions so the c*nt wouldnt get sued.....pr1ck plain and simple!

See heres another problem, the security are contracted to the o2, they are not actual o2 staff, so if they do anything wrong (telling people to leave with no actual info and not readmitting them being 2 prime examples) that is the fault of sword event guard and the individuals themselves, not MCD or the o2 so realistically there cant be refunds on this basis (as unfair as that is....MCD can hide behind the law on this one)

FWIW Any security i talked to after axl f*cked off told me the same thing "we really dont know what's going on, we'll let you know as soon as we do" which should have been the stock phrase for every security member in the place! Some over zealous ones f*cked up!

FWIW Any security i talked to after axl f*cked off told me the same thing "we really dont know what's going on, we'll let you know as soon as we do" which should have been the stock phrase for every security member in the place! Some over zealous ones f*cked up!

Yeah and people believed them! :confused:

The ONLY issue that people have a genuine reason to complain about is not being allowed back in when they heard the band were coming back on. I went outside at one point and got back in no problem, about 5 minutes before they came back on. Im not sure how many people were actually refused entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah and people believed them! :confused:

The ONLY issue that people have a genuine reason to complain about is not being allowed back in when they heard the band were coming back on. I went outside at one point and got back in no problem, about 5 minutes before they came back on. Im not sure how many people were actually refused entry?

yeah neither am i.... i didnt budge from where i was!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭briany

basquille wrote: »

Looks like a glitzy version of Ronnie van Zant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Got to love people on here going on about how 'it's Axl and that's how he is' or 'It's part of the appeal'.

**** that, it's disrespectful to people who paid way too much money for some washed up, second grade version of a once legendary band.

I couldn't even care that much that they were late (Even though people who had to get their bus/car/... were very much in their right to be pissed off), but the fact he doesn't even apologize.

For all I care he could have told the fans he was backstage banging 50 groupies and lost track of time, but nope, nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I hate to say this, but it's true.

The only way to get this spoken about the the right circles is the Joe Duffy Show.

It's Radio 1 at the end of the day and the only radio show that we might get some answers on.

Specifically, why they showed so late and was the curfew extended without letting the audience know.

Also, why some people were told to go home, I believe someone said they had video evidence of that?

Maybe it could be uploaded to YouTube and link sent to joe@rte.ie.

At the end of the day, there is shag all else that there is to do, to try and get answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=15243

If this is true, it could spell the end of this incarnation of the band; Stinson has been in the band longer than anyone else who wasn't a member of the UYI lineup. And longer than Duff McKagen was ever in the band.

Advertisement