Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting while on dole

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I will be, in the near future, be renting while on the dole. I have pinpointed a few places that are at about 400-450 a month. I understand of course it will be tight. I have a lot of savings and my current circumstances arent suitable for me to continue living there, my question is really. Is there a lot of people who are doing this?

I dont know if the general concensus is that itd be mad to be renting while on the dole? Any experiences or advice?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

People on the dole, renting? Can you imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

Corholio wrote: »
    I will be, in the near future, be renting while on the dole. I have pinpointed a few places that are at about 400-450 a month. I understand of course it will be tight. I have a lot of savings and my current circumstances arent suitable for me to continue living there, my question is really. Is there a lot of people who are doing this?

I dont know if the general concensus is that itd be mad to be renting while on the dole? Any experiences or advice?

Thanks a lot.

Are you looking to rent on your own or with people, if your looking to rent with people you could rent for a lot less than €400-450 per month.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you're on the dole- you would probably be under the income limits for Rent-allowance (another payment), however you would require to have been renting for at least 6 of the 12 preceding months.

Advertisement