Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Gave Up Smoking

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I smoked from the age of 16.

Two years ago, I saw the gym as a way I could, not only stop but better myself physically and what better motivation than to look better, feel better and see life in a different way.

I understand my body because I've been through withdrawal before - I think that's the secret, to understand YOUR body. I KNOW my body will begin to slow down on the cravings after two weeks. Almost to the point of getting sick at the smell of a cigarette. I detest them. Everything about them after that two weeks that I can't even bare to be around someone smoking. Nothing works, gum, patches - all utter crap. The only thing that works in willpower. Thats the ONLY thing that works.

So, understand your body. Even though it may seem hopeless now, a time WILL COME when your body just slows on the cravings and gives up. Believe me. It may take two weeks, two months, four months - but IT WILL GO AWAY. I promise. Just hang in there - this feeling is NOT forever.

Good luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're lucky then. I stopped two months ago and cigarettes are still wonderfully seductive things that always seem like a fantastic idea. I have no intention of starting again, but it's kind of annoying me that even after two months I still desperately want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

I feel the same way too (nearly 9 weeks) - but hopefully that time will kick on soon ;)
    I am willing to take a chance it will and we will feel "normal"

Good Luck!

Advertisement