Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst that you've ever felt

• 02-09-2010 6:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

What has been the worst you've ever felt? I'm not talking about someone dying on you or losing a limb or anything like that. I mean more along the lines of just feeling so rotten that you just wish the ground would open up and swallow you whole.

For me, it was 2 weeks ago when I had to drive with a friend from Waterford to Aberdeen through the night. Now that itself isn't too bad but stupidly we had a college reunion and went out the night before and gotten only 4 hours sleep. By the time we reached Aberdeen I'd been awake for about 31 hours and have never felt so awful. My body went haywire and didn't know whether to sleep or stay awake.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yore ma

(sorry all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

You know, I was gonna say inb4 "Yore ma" but I thought I should just accept the inevitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Probably the day i had a 5 star hangover in college. Drank my bodyweight, got kicked out of a few places, ate a snackbox, ya know, college tuesday night stuff.

The next day i couldnt move from the couch. Didnt eat a thing because i felt that if i ate a tic-tac it would be too much, and definatly couldnt smoke a ciggy. Couldnt move my head too quickly or id get bad head spins and throw up. Every muscle in my body ached. I wished for death as i wolloed in self pity, but the bastard let me suffer :mad:

I didnt drink for a whole week after!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Mackman wrote: »
    Probably the day i had a 5 star hangover in college. Drank my bodyweight, got kicked out of a few places, ate a snackbox, ya know, college tuesday night stuff.

The next day i couldnt move from the couch. Didnt eat a thing because i felt that if i ate a tic-tac it would be too much, and definatly couldnt smoke a ciggy. Couldnt move my head too quickly or id get bad head spins and throw up. Every muscle in my body ached. I wished for death as i wolloed in self pity, but the bastard let me suffer :mad:

I didnt drink for a whole week after!:eek:

5 star implies that you had leaked from every hole during the night, you were blind (or at least partially sighted) for at least 3 hours after waking up, and that there were at least two unexplained bruises on your body.

The system is there for a reason guys, let's respect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

Wah, the first time I went drinking (13 years old) -- a double nagan by itself within an hour...
    hell no would I recommend it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I once felt really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

When I was 7 years old I started collecting my snots and over the years continued to add them to a little ball, which by the time I was 15 grew into an impressive yet colourful lump. I stopped when I was 15 but felt attached to it and hid it in my wardrobe where nobody could find it. Every now and again I would take it out to have a look at it as it hardened and shrunk in size.
    When I was 18, I moved out to attend college, and started dating one of the most beautiful girls in our village Debra. She was stunning. I decided to bring her home one night to meet the parents and when I went into the living room Mam was sitting there with my snot lump on the table.
    She was like a wasp, and demanded to know where I bought the Hash, if I didn’t tell her she was going to call the Guards.
    I didn’t know what to do, because if the Guards came and searched the house they would have found smoking paraphernalia and some hash in another hiding place in the garden shed out back and this being a few years back I would have been fined 200 euro and have to take urine teats for a year and probably a criminal record.
    I looked at Mam and looked at Debs, both looking for answers from me and I finally came to tell them that in fact it was a collection of snots from years.
    Mams face was paralysed with shock, and Debs nearly got sick.
    To this day every time I see Debs she puts her finger to her nose and sniffs.
    I don’t know how many people she has told but probably everyone as they called me The Jolly green Giant for months after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The worst I ever felt was when I was 12 my father had passed away only a few months earlier and then my mother got a severe form of meningitis doubled with blood poisoning. When I seen her hooked up to life support machines my whole world felt like it collapsed and I suddenly as a child realized how protected I had been all my life by my parents. Who like all young people I had previously thought were there just to annoy me.

right then I wouldn't have cared if the whole world ended, because it seemed like it had.

On a positive note my mother pulled through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

One time, I left Australia on a Sunday evening. I finally arrived into Dublin on the following Thursday morning. That was one long bastard journey and I felt kinda rotten after it. Without alcohol in the mix, or some sort of illness, that's probably the worst I've ever felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

When I found out I was pregnant, told the dad and he hung up, then texted me saying "I have a fiancee and child. You know what needs to be done".

That was probably the worst moment of my life.

All worked out in the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

About two weeks ago.

ash23 wrote: »
    When I found out I was pregnant, told the dad and he hung up, then texted me saying "I have a fiancee and child. You know what needs to be done".
    Jesus christ. What a piece of shit.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Jesus christ. What a piece of shit.

Yip.
    On the other hand, 8 years on I've an amazing daughter, have never heard from the jackass since and all he has is a guilty conscience and the knowledge that somewhere out there he has a child.

I win! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

2010 new years to say hungover is not to say it right.....

good god i thought i was gonna die... if you saw the picture.... :eek:

I look like i died.... i did and then some body cooked me breakfast who couldn't cook i nearly puked on the plate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

some_dose wrote: »
    For me, it was 2 weeks ago when I had to drive with a friend from Waterford to Aberdeen through the night.

An amphibious car?

Slick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

all he has is a guilty conscience and the knowledge that somewhere out there he has a child.

Believe me he prob doesn't have that conscience :mad:

kfallon wrote: »
    Believe me he prob doesn't have that conscience :mad:

Maybe not but I like to think so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Years ago got drunk on whiskey (which i haven't touched since) one night as i had left it too late to go to the off licence.
    Seemed fine when i was drinking it. Loads of ice in whiskey makes it deceptively drinkable. It was one of the few times in my life where i literally could not sit up straight never mind stand i was so intoxicated. Totally legless i was told by a witness the next day. 'Disturbing' was one description. I was also told that i had fallen flat on face & back like a domino several times.

So the next day comes round. I open my eyes & entered probably the worst day & a half of my life. Just pain everywhere. Bruises down my legs & sides of my arms, jumbo cartoonish lump on forehead from whacking my head off something & consequently nearly went to the hospital over because it was half the size of a tennis ball. Throbbing head pain when i moved my head or even tried to focus my eyes on something & that shi!tty sick stomach feeling for hours even though you've emptied your stomach 2 or 3 times & its just bile & saliva drippling out of your gob. Think i even had a we cry at one stage.

Wasn't till the following night i returned to feeling normal. Definitely the most ill ive ever felt in my life & the reason i hate whiskey with a passion. The smell of it makes me wretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Maybe not but I like to think so ;)

I'd like to think so too but from the picture you painted of him he sounds like the 'out of sight, out of mind' type wankbag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

That was probably the worst moment of my life.

All worked out in the end though.

Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

BZP comedown.

That is all.

Years ago got drunk on whiskey (which i haven't touched since) one night as i had left it too late to go to the off licence.
    Seemed fine when i was drinking it. Loads of ice in whiskey makes it deceptively drinkable. It was one of the few times in my life where i literally could not sit up straight never mind stand i was so intoxicated. Totally legless i was told by a witness the next day. 'Disturbing' was one description. I was also told that i had fallen flat on face & back like a domino several times.

So the next day comes round. I open my eyes & entered probably the worst day & a half of my life. Just pain everywhere. Bruises down my legs & sides of my arms, jumbo cartoonish lump on forehead from whacking my head off something & consequently nearly went to the hospital over because it was half the size of a tennis ball. Throbbing head pain when i moved my head or even tried to focus my eyes on something & that shi!tty sick stomach feeling for hours even though you've emptied your stomach 2 or 3 times & its just bile & saliva drippling out of your gob. Think i even had a we cry at one stage.

Wasn't till the following night i returned to feeling normal. Definitely the most ill ive ever felt in my life & the reason i hate whiskey with a passion. The smell of it makes me wretch.
    Had one of those hangover after a night of whiskey myself. Worst hangover I've ever had. Never had more than a sip of whiskey since. The stuff is just evil bottled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

This fat chick when I was really drunk...

they were so saggy:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Had one of those hangover after a night of whiskey myself. Worst hangover I've ever had. Never had more than a sip of whiskey since. The stuff is just evil bottled.

I'll tell you how much i hate it. When im in the offie getting a few beers & pass the whiskey section I still get a little cold shiver down my spine.

Can drink pretty much anything except that poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Pace2008 wrote: »
    BZP comedown.

That is all.

cartoon heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Bad enough hangover under normal circumstances resulting from quite a lot of rum and other available liquors but add onto that high altitude and that was one of my least enjoyable days after, i seriously contemplated hospitalising myself.

On a humorous note one of the lads had to bring his girlfriend to the hospital the same day due to an unrelated illness(she didnt drink and was actually fine after luckily) but when the doctor walked in he was more concerned with my friend who looked like death and told a nurse to put him on a drip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

When I was 7 years old I started collecting my snots and over the years continued to add them to a little ball, which by the time I was 15 grew into an impressive yet colourful lump. I stopped when I was 15 but felt attached to it and hid it in my wardrobe where nobody could find it. Every now and again I would take it out to have a look at it as it hardened and shrunk in size.
    When I was 18, I moved out to attend college, and started dating one of the most beautiful girls in our village Debra. She was stunning. I decided to bring her home one night to meet the parents and when I went into the living room Mam was sitting there with my snot lump on the table.
    She was like a wasp, and demanded to know where I bought the Hash, if I didn’t tell her she was going to call the Guards.
    I didn’t know what to do, because if the Guards came and searched the house they would have found smoking paraphernalia and some hash in another hiding place in the garden shed out back and this being a few years back I would have been fined 200 euro and have to take urine teats for a year and probably a criminal record.
    I looked at Mam and looked at Debs, both looking for answers from me and I finally came to tell them that in fact it was a collection of snots from years.
    I don’t know how many people she has told but probably everyone as they called me The Jolly green Giant for months after.

The worst i've ever felt (besides hangovers,deaths etc) was when i watched one man one jar(honestly) - but Lando your on top of the list now this story is horrendous:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

derfderf wrote: »
    cartoon heart?
    Not 100% what you mean...

Was that a pill press back in the dark years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

The days after freshers week in 1st year. Went a bit OTT...all that freedom and all. Couldn't even get up to get cereal for about 3 days:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, first day of friggin' autumn and they've already caught SAD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

When i sharted myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Why didn't you just ask Debra to leave the room and them ram the snotball into your auld one's gob for being such a nosey (no pun intended) cow?
    By the way, if this is a true tale then you don't need Debra. You need a god-damn psychiatrist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I remember one weekend as a teenager I came home on Friday evening then played the PC for 8 hours. On Saturday and Sunday I played for 14 hours each day.
    I remember feeling reeeeeeeeeally out of place/ not with it on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

After breaking up with the ex... physical pain just doesn't compare, could hardly get out of bed for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Coming down off herbal e. Yuk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement