Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year Module Registration 2010 (Sept 2nd)

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hows everyone getting on with the registration. There were so many clashes with mine, I've ended up with a tonne for the first semester, and less for the second...

:S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rii

I've just posted in another thread, so I'm gonna repeat myself :) I'm still trying to complete my registration... I hate timetable clashes, I can't take the modules I wanted to :( Still trying to get through this thing. I'm gonna have to change my third subject probably, and I don't really have other options :( Other subjects I could do are already in the same groups as the two I pre-selected. :(
    Another edit: Do we have to choose the same number of modules for semester 1 and 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

I'm feeling your pain! I can't select any in-programme electives, when I search for them nothing comes up! And it made me choose 2 subjects in subjects/streams I had no idea you had to do that! Ugh I want some in-programme electives but I've no space for them/they aren't coming up cause of the two things mentioned ^^^ >:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I'm finished mine now. Well, at least I've admitted defeat.

When I look at my calender even though I've registered for the tutorials and practicals associated with my modules it still says LEC under each number. I don't know why that is and I find it quite worrying. Can anyone else see the same thing?

I also can't even pick times for my modules they all seem to be automatically put onto the calender. They're allover the place too with 4 hour gaps between some of them. I saw at the top of the page it says pick change time beside the module but I don't have that link. =[

Well, I completed the registration somehow, but I'm not very happy with the subjects and modules... :( I had a limited choice to begin with, and now I ended up with some modules I didn't even want. :( Aaand my two elective modules are "provisional", which means there is a chance I won't get them, right? :( Stupid timetable clashes. Stupid registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

YouthNovel wrote: »
    There were so many clashes with mine, I've ended up with a tonne for the first semester, and less for the second...
    I know what you mean- I've got 10 more credits on semester 2 than 1... But it had to be done- otherwise I wouldn't get that kick ass sleep in til 2pm Monday morning for semester 1! Also have Thursday after 3pm and Friday off- thank God!

Oh, and the subjects aren't bad either :p

• Advertisement

Sefirah wrote: »
    I know what you mean- I've got 10 more credits on semester 2 than 1... But it had to be done- otherwise I wouldn't get that kick ass sleep in til 2pm Monday morning for semester 1! Also have Thursday after 3pm and Friday off- thank God!

Oh, and the subjects aren't bad either :p

I hate you. ;) I start at 9am three days in a row... I also hate/envy anyone who got the subjects and modules they wanted :D

Ok, I checked that stupid timetable and it's four days in a row in semester 2 at 9am. I hate my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

This registration lark is a nightmare!
    English isn't showing up under Available Subjects / Streams, so I'm assuming it's been filled to capacity or something...?
    AAAAARRRGGHH. :mad:

Hope everyone else is having better luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

You only have ten more credits for S1, try 20. But for Semester 2 I'm off Tuesdays and Thursdays :D

Did anyone else think the list of electives to choose from was fairly crap? Modules I wanted to do weren't available. Ragin.

Can't change time on any modules except for one. What rubbish.... :(

Plus has anyone else notices that you only have 50 registered credits. Is this because the electives are still only provisional?

Rii wrote: »
    I hate you. ;) I start at 9am three days in a row... I also hate/envy anyone who got the subjects and modules they wanted :D

Ok, I checked that stupid timetable and it's four days in a row in semester 2 at 9am. I hate my life.
    Bad time to menion that my earliest starts are on 2 days at 10am? :D
    What subjects were you hoping for? Pain in the ass with politics being in the same catagory as history :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Before I select it as an elective, languages in the ALC are free right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chemgirl

This registration lark is a nightmare!
    English isn't showing up under Available Subjects / Streams, so I'm assuming it's been filled to capacity or something...?
    AAAAARRRGGHH. :mad:

Hope everyone else is having better luck!

hey i just did my sisters reg and she wanted to do english too, if you click on the group that only has two modules in it (cant remember what they are) then it will give you english :D

Conor108 wrote: »
    Before I select it as an elective, languages in the ALC are free right?
    Yuuup!

Do we get an option to change our mind about semester 2 modules at some point? Coulda sworn I remember reading that somewhere

EDIT: found it!
    There will be an opportunity to change next semester modules at the start of that semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

I went to choose a time for one of my modules but no times appeared on the pop up calender thing!! I scrolled over everything on it but couldn't click anything and then ever tried just clicking the register button but a message came up saying I must select a time in order to enrol.....anyone experiencing the same thing or know what's going on???

Bad time to menion that my earliest starts are on 2 days at 10am? :D
    What subjects were you hoping for? Pain in the ass with politics being in the same catagory as history :(

I hate you too. Why, why does the stupid thing start at 9am? That's an ungodly hour, it is.
    Warning: ranty rant and bitching.
    Oh, I was hoping a miracle will happen and Linguistics will somehow magically be in a different group today, so I could pick it. But, to my surprise, it did not happen. :p
    I pre-selected Greek and Roman Civilisation and Spanish (is there a weirder combination?), not knowing that this will exclude other subjects :( I ended up with Psychology as my third subject, and one of the modules I wanted, Introduction to Psychology, was - of course - clashing with something. I had to go with Brain and Behaviour, and I have a feeling this will be something ridiculously science-y :/ I really had limited choice, I can't do English, because my English sucks; History and Geography was out too, I didn't even do them for my leaving cert, I have no knowledge in those at all :D Politics and anything to do with maths was out too... I was thinking about Philosophy, but - naah. I chose Italian as my electives and if I won't get it, I don't know what I'm gonna do... It's a sad day. Did I mention I hate my life and my timetable? :D
    Is Politics and History really in the same group? Weird, it seems like it's a good combination, isn't it?

Not in past 2 every day for first semester, and 2nd semester, I have two whole days off. EPIC FECKIN WIN

Not in past 2 every day for first semester, and 2nd semester, I have two whole days off. EPIC FECKIN WIN

I've Mondays off in Sem 2! Excellence:D

BUT.......I'm mega confused, I was only really asked to pick a time for 1 of my electives, the rest of my classes, I just hit 'register' and they magically organised themselves. Which is grand I guess:)

But at the right hand side where it says credit information, it says I've registered for 55 credits? 0 electives? Is this because one of my electives is provisional or something?

In the semester breakdown under it says 30 + 30, total 60.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Three hour long physics laboratory on wednesday evenings. FML

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

For my core modules, for Actuarial and Financial Studies, I ended up with 30 Core Credits in Semester 1 and 20 in Semester 2. Is this normal? Should it not be 25-25 before the electives are added?

For my core modules, for Actuarial and Financial Studies, I ended up with 30 Core Credits in Semester 1 and 20 in Semester 2. Is this normal? Should it not be 25-25 before the electives are added?

Mine was 30 in Semester 1 and 20 in semester 2 before electives. But I chose both electives for semester 2. You can do that right?

• Advertisement

I hate you too. Why, why does the stupid thing start at 9am? That's an ungodly hour, it is.
    Omg I feel like such a nerd... been up since 5 refreshing the page!! XD d'oh!!
    I pre-selected Greek and Roman Civilisation and Spanish (is there a weirder combination?), not knowing that this will exclude other subjects :( I ended up with Psychology as my third subject, and one of the modules I wanted, Introduction to Psychology, was - of course - clashing with something. I had to go with Brain and Behaviour, and I have a feeling this will be something ridiculously science-y :/ I really had limited choice, I can't do English, because my English sucks; History and Geography was out too, I didn't even do them for my leaving cert, I have no knowledge in those at all :D Politics and anything to do with maths was out too... I was thinking about Philosophy, but - naah. I chose Italian as my electives and if I won't get it, I don't know what I'm gonna do... It's a sad day. Did I mention I hate my life and my timetable? :D
    Is Politics and History really in the same group? Weird, it seems like it's a good combination, isn't it?
    Sounds like you got some interesting ones! Psychology was really tempting, but I suck at biology and apparently theres a bit of maths there too which ain't too good for pass class rejects like myself!
    Good choice on Italian, though- I gave a few languages a go at one point, and by far Italian was the easiest- even more so than Spanish, I'd say. Also, it's the language of food- therefore can't go wrong :P I picked Arabic, the language of... Bin Laden?! Lol!
    And yup, politics and history in the same group... no idea what genius made that decision- after all, they're subjects that compliment eachother- grrrr!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Mine was 30 in Semester 1 and 20 in semester 2 before electives. But I chose both electives for semester 2. You can do that right?

I'm not sure. I moved Principle of Microeconomics to S1 and Principle of Macroeconomics to S2 - though I'm not sure if I am supposed to do that :S

:eek:
    I shall resign to my defeat graciously...

WHERE THE FOOK CAN I GET RID OF THESE 10AM LECTURES?!? :P

I've Mondays off in Sem 2! Excellence:D

BUT.......I'm mega confused, I was only really asked to pick a time for 1 of my electives, the rest of my classes, I just hit 'register' and they magically organised themselves. Which is grand I guess:)

But at the right hand side where it says credit information, it says I've registered for 55 credits? 0 electives? Is this because one of my electives is provisional or something?

In the semester breakdown under it says 30 + 30, total 60.:confused:

Yeah same for me... about only being able to pick one time :/ loada rubbish
    you aren't registered to leectives yet, but id be a bit confused about you having 55 registered core/optional subjects

Does anyone else not get any results when they search for in-programme electives?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

And yup, politics and history in the same group... no idea what genius made that decision- after all, they're subjects that compliment eachother- grrrr!!!
    History is in group B, Politics is in group D, so they shouldn't conflict with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Does anyone else not get any results when they search for in-programme electives?

If you're stupid, like me, you won't look at the bottom of the page :p

I'll save you the stress haha

Healium wrote: »
    If you're stupid, like me, you won't look at the bottom of the page :p

I'll save you the stress haha

I did that - I'm still not getting anything :(

Also, our incoming first year students only concerned with Level 0 and Level 1 electives? As in we are not able to do Level 2 electives?

but id be a bit confused about you having 55 registered core/optional subjects
    I am! Just counted it and sure enough its 50 credits. THEY ARE WRONG!

Ruski wrote: »
    Three hour long physics laboratory on wednesday evenings. FML

PHYC10170? Health Sciences Centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Also, our incoming first year students only concerned with Level 0 and Level 1 electives? As in we are not able to do Level 2 electives?

Nah, we can register Level 0, Level 1, and Level 2 electives.
    In fact, apparently you can register Level 3 also, but you have to contact the Programme Office.

Advertisement