Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming inferno 12.....

Options
  • 02-09-2010 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

...And also photos, podcasts, twitter feeds, streams, and anything else vaguely web 2.0 (ugh)

Let's make a plan guy!

Rather than just film matches (though lets keep doing that too!) we should try get some more media from it.

The launch event vid is by far the highest viewed related vid afaik lets repeat the success.
    This will be good content for sf.ie and therefore srk too.
    Interviews, banana breaks, , pro tips, world news and weather: whatever content you can come up with.

Photographers, there are at least a few decent ones floating about, get snap happy, make a shared flickr account/group or whatever, start a tumblr... other suggestions that i haven't thought of,

Twitter, I hate it but other people like it, someone do live updates.

I'll give streaming the semis and finals a go, quality will depend massively on how close to the screen i get, obviously not in the way of the camera. I'll pop on xchat on the day and let people know when it's happening.

If anyone brings a laptop we can tether my phone and use it's internet connection for what needs be.

Ideas Brainstorm Dilbert Synergy 2.0 a gogo baby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It's unlikely I'll be able to get to this so there'll be one less tripod/camera floating around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be doing my thing.

So to do what you want, effectively, we need someone else to bring a cam and possibly a third person to do the editing.

I've been talking about doing a podcast for a while. Let me ask a couple of people (I used to appear fairly regularly on the Boards.ie podcast at one point).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'll give streaming the semis and finals a go, quality will depend massively on how close to the screen i get, obviously not in the way of the camera.

If we do a spectator setup like last time then you can get as close as you like to the spectator screen without interfering with the players!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

animaX wrote: »
    If we do a spectator setup like last time then you can get as close as you like to the spectator screen without interfering with the players!

It's in XGC again this month as Space 54 is closing down and we haven't found another suitable venue yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

It's in XGC again this month as Space 54 is closing down and we haven't found another suitable venue yet.

But couldn't we use the two end machines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    But couldn't we use the two end machines?

Yes. If you bring your splitter then that's what we'll be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm actually planning on making a vlog about my day at Inferno for my youtube channel. The camera I'm going to be using is a HP Photosmart M525. Nothing special really but hey, its takes pictures AND film. ( Its also the same camera I used to film the matches I have on my channel )

I can throw the video content I create inside the XGC to the person who is going to making the vlog for SF.ie ( I'm going to be using the same footage for my own vlog as well but the SF.ie one will probably get more views, tbh. )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one either but inferno 13.... watch out! I might start ambushing people with a mic again

<_<

>_>

Advertisement