Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Tests Waterford

• 02-09-2010 9:06am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question - how many driving test centers do we have in Waterford? I think there is a mix of private and public?

I only recall two - the one out by Cleaboy Business Park and then the one at Johnstown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

The RSA one is in the Six Cross Road Business Park...

Not aware of any other ones.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cbmonstra wrote: »
    The RSA one is in the Six Cross Road Business Park...

Not aware of any other ones.

Unless it moved, but wasn't there always one up by the Cleaboy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Are you sure your not thinking NCT Sully?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

ziedth wrote: »
    Are you sure your not thinking NCT Sully?

I think he's talking about the SGS (the company brought in by the government to clear up the massive back log of driving test applicants) located by the NCT centre. I did my driving test with them 2 years ago. AFAIK, they no longer operate given that the back log has been cleared up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah that must be it. So we are still left with two so - any idea how much they are these days? I cant remember how much I paid, but I did my test in the Johnstown one.

There seems to be a driving school out in the airport, similar layout to the RSA one on Six Cross Roads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

I'm nearly certain it was in the region of 75 squids for my test, but tbh I can't actually remember.

It was only at the start of August, you'd think I'd be able to retain that information a bit longer... :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Theres the SGS and the RSA ... And I think it's €75 now. Is SGS still operating? Its not up by the NCT centre anymore anyway

Advertisement