Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on Colaiste Iosagain as a school?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum; please move if not.

Do you have any views on Colaiste Iosagain as a school to send a girl to? I hear great things academically about it but less favorable in other areas. Any views would be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hi there,

I'm not sure if there's anyone here who'll even know where that is, never mind what it's like. I don't anyway!

Perhaps your best bet would be to ask around in the community and see what people come up with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Where is Coláiste Iosagáin? Perhaps this would be better in a regional forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Ok, I've known a lot of girls who go there. Presume this is the one beside Colaiste Eoin?

If yes, then it's a fine school. Never heard of any big issues and 5 girls I'm good mates with got over 500 in their leaving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

I'm sorry, I should have stated where it is.

Colaiste Iosagain is on the Stillorgan road in Dublin and it is an Irish speaking senior school for girls, on the same grounds as the boys school Colaiste Eoin. It has a very good academic reputation but I was wondering about the other aspects of the school.

Thanks Keano for you answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah right. I'll move this to the Dublin County South forum (I'm told that's where the Stillorgan Road is so apologies if I'm wrong) so to see if you can get more answers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

My daughter goes there, going into TY year this year. I think it's a great school.
    Sending my son there next year, Colaiste Eoin obviously.

Very nice kids there, she has a good circle of friends. plays on the camogie team etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I was in Coláiste Eoin myself. Best school in the world as far I'm concerned, though I am biased.

Coláiste Íosagáin is as close as you can to going to Coláiste Eoin without becoming a fella, so you'll have no problems with it.

Aside from Academic results, both schools have fantastic music, sport and general fun. They're communities more than they are just schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I have a girl who left this year with great results. i have another in jc year. It suits girls who are academic. the girls are tested constantly and results discussed at parent teacher meetings. They get great results but if a child is in any way weak i would not be sending her there. I think the extra cirricular activities are not as good as other schools. The music can be very cliquey ( spelling ??) and some of the sport is organised by the girls themselves which can be problematic. Also if coming from an english speaking primary school expect them to struggle until christmas at least in 1st year.

In summary.

If they are academic and doing well in primary send them.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

I was a student in Colaiste Eoin which is on the same grounds as Colaiste Iosagain. They share facilities and classes.Kinda like 2 schools in one. It was and still is a great school and one of the top 2nd level in the country, results show that. Academically its great and also has a good emphasis on sports and many other aspects of personal growth. Would highly recommend it, if you can get in!!

Advertisement