Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance phone hotline.

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Im unemployed and have applied for the Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance. I got a confirmation text saying that my applicaiton was received but nothing since. I have tried to call their hotline (Phone number is 1890 252 973) loads of times but the recorded message is always the same "our agents are busy at present please call back" and the call is disconnected.
    I tried calling at 9am this morning, the recored message was different - office horus are from 9.30am. So bang on 9.30am I called and guess what the response was: "our agents are busy at present please call back" and the call was disconnected!
    Has anybody out there in boardsland actually got through to a human on this number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

depending where you are you could try one of these numbers, I am in Galway and called this morning. I got through on this number no problem!

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/newscentre/Campaigns/bscfa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

How long ago did you apply? We applied this year and got it within 2 weeks although last year my husband had just lost his job and because his jsa hadnt been put through it was declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭moldypeach

i applied back at the end of july but still waiting :/ they said they recieved it 6th of August and i should hear back soon

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Do anyone know why the amount for clothing and footwear allowance varies. one student got over 500.00 Euro while another got 300.00 onely differance the one who got the bigger amount is going to college and the other is dowing a PLC course but both are liveing away from home and paying for accommodation.
    They are from 2 different famalies:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

All I know is that secondary school kids get more than primary so I'd say it would go up for college. A plc course has less costs in genera to a college course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Ok thanks for the reply. That must be the reason then.

Advertisement