Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dulce de Leche

Options
  • 02-09-2010 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am finding it difficult to source this in Ireland. Does anyone know a shop that is selling it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Have you tried Fallon and Byrnes in Dublin?

There are also dozens of websites with instructions on how to make it yourself at home. Apparently you can even make it in a slow cooker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Avoca stock it. There's a small Brazilian shop opposite SaBa on Clarendon St. that sells the Brazilian version. Haven't found the Argentinian stuff anywhere though.

Making it from scratch is easy, it's just milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking soda and salt. It does require a lot of stirring but the end result is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Carnation do tins of it

You can buy it in lots of Spars and Tesco

There is also a Nestle tinned version I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IstaVala

Thanks guys, anywhere down the country ? I just wanted to have a jar in the fridge, it makes a gorgeous butterscotch sauce when mixed with creme fraiche and goes so well with rhubarb crumble !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭molliesassy

I'm pretty sure I've seen it in Superquinn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

If you can't source it in the shops you can make it yourself by boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk! I've yet to try this myself, but its lovely! Do a quick google search on diy dulche de leche and you get some good hints and tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Well, I've seen it in Tesco Wexford, so assume its in many parts of the country.

Advertisement