Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to cancel vodafone service before it starts

• 02-09-2010 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I signed up for vodafone home phone + 3 Mb broadband in July. I only wanted broadband but this was all I could get where I live

The following day (28th) UPC returned an enquiry from me telling me that they had just gone live in my area for broadband

I promptly signed up with them as all I needed was broadband, not a phone, and the cost saving is approx 45% for a 5 Mb line which I am very happy with and using now. And I phoned vodafone customer service to tell them not to proceed with opening my account, and to cancel fully.

HOWEVER

Cancelling the vodafone service just has not happened. Initially Michael said that someone would call me back to confirm cancellation. I have spoken to customer service a number of times asking them to proceed with the cancellation but it just hasn't been done

Last monday I received a letter stating that the full service has been set up

GREAT! Am I now in a contract? I'm not even sure if the cooling off period applies

Spoke with Stephen in customer service last monday. He promised that a letter stating it has been cancelled would be sent out, because now I need it in writing since I have received a letter.

No letter yet.

Last thursday I received my first bill online.
    Dear Jonathan

Your latest bill is now online.
    We hope you're enjoying your Vodafone At Home broadband and home phone connections.
    We just wanted to let you know that your most recent bill is now available to view online.

GREAT! How much do I owe? Sure I'd love to pay!

So I spoke to Tanya in customer service and she was rude to me. GREAT SERVICE. She talked over me and constantly stated that she could not account for the actions of anyone else. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought that customer service do take some accountability in matters, as a part of their position profile. Anyhow, she was rude and I never heard back, received the email She promised, or a letter.

Until today!

I have just received another letter confirming my customer number, my UAN and telling me that they have my phone line active.

I don't know. I'm just incredulous.

I also replied to my bill to kindly request that I am not sent bills and have received 2 replies by email.

The first was from Patrick
    Thank you for contacting Vodafone at Home. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

In order to process your request we will firstly need you to reply and confirm your address and date of birth for verification.

So I decided, ok, and did so. Received a reply then from Brendan
    Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Did you previously have an account with Vodafone?

Could you confirm the account number or landline number associated to that account?

What? Look at the beginning of my email, there is a link to a bill and a UAN referenced. How useless? Now bear in mind I received this last mail before I received todays letter.

What can I do?

All I know is I am glad that I am not locked into a 12 mth contract

Jonathan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you cancelled on the 28th or 29th of July ( within your cooling off) then you should raise a formal complaint to the complaints department, this you can email in now.

http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/code/custcare/

Go to your bank and cancel any direct debits in WRITING.

If Vodafone do not resolve the matter fully in 5 working days or so then escalate to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Failing that, see this thread. Simply disagree with the changes to the T&Cs, and you're out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That is true , then they pay for august and september only and they escape.

Advertisement