Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Galas - nominee list?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows what the final nominee list for The Galas (http://www.galas.ie/) is?

I know that Dublin Pride was nominated for Event of the year, so they seem to have chosen their nominees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was wondering if anyone knows what the final nominee list for The Galas (http://www.galas.ie/) is?

I know that Dublin Pride was nominated for Event of the year, so they seem to have chosen their nominees.

I think they are going to announce them today or in the next day or two

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Category 1 Community Organisation of the Year

Marriage Equality

Northwest Pride

TENI

Category 2 Volunteer of the Year

Billy Rabbitte

John Fennell

Maureen Looney

Category 3 Employer of the Year

An Garda Síochána

IBM

Microsoft Ireland

Category 4 Business Person of the Year

Anita Thoma, Il Primo

Darina Brennan, Fire Restaurant

Ray O’Neill, Machna

Category 5 LGBT-Friendly Politician of the Year

David Norris

Eoghan Harris

Ivana Bacik

Category 6 Journalist/Broadcaster of the Year

Martina Devlin

Fintan O’Toole

Carol Coulter

Category 7 Online Award: Blogger/Website of the Year

Marriage Equality

Maman Poulet

Queer ID

Category 8 Event of the Year

Absolut Theatre Festival

Dublin Pride 2010

Growing Up Gay

Category 9 Noel Walsh HIV Activist Award

Dublin Aids Alliance

Jimmy Goulding

Red Ribbon

Category 10 Artist/Entertainer of the Year

Colm Toibín

Dearbhla Walsh

Panti/Rory O’Neill

Category 11 International Award

The nominations for this award will be made by a number of human rights organisations

(Amnesty International, ICCL and Front Line Defenders) and the winner will be selected by the NLGF.

Category 12 Person of the Year

There is no short-list for this award. The winner will be selected by the NLGF.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Is there anywhere you can watch growing up gay again now that its gone off RTE player?

Advertisement