Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature grass?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

G'day all,

Anyone know a brand name/species name for miniature grass, ie stuff that grows slowly & only to a very short height? Its not your average lawn seed, but not sure what the term for it is, presume they use it on parts of golf courses etc.

Thinking of seeding my sizeable back lawn with it as the constant mowing would be a killer - any thoughts?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can't help with the grass, I'm afraid. Would you consider clover? My brother has it for his lawn (it's on a steep slope) it doesn't grow high and doesn't need mowing, it's also great for bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

never thought of that...will have a google for some images to get a feel for how it would look, but sounds like a good idea. Any cons to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, I don't know what it's like in winter. Some may consider the bees a con too.

Advertisement