Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Pro HD Hero

• 02-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but sure the mods can move it if they need to. Okay I plan on getting the Go Pro HD Hero camera this month and I was hoping someone here can answer one or two of my questions. I have seen the videos on youtube and I am extremely impressed! Now I am going to Egypt in November and I need a good camcorder to record video for snorkelling, scuba diving and quad biking in the desert. This camera looks perfect for that.

Now questions,

Can the camera take single shot pictures? How many megapixels does the camera part of this camcorder take?

What is the memory on this camera? 2gb, 4gb, 6gb? Can you buy a bigger memory stick for it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Why don't you just Google for a product review or lookup the product on a supplier's website where they usually list all the product detail e.g.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

those reviews are usually slightly biased, I wanted to get a review from someone who has used this camera, someone who can tell me about some of the flaws of this camera as well as answering my questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Reviews aside the linked site contains the technical specifications which should assist in answering your original questions.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/hd/

Can the camera take single shot pictures? How many megapixels does the camera part of this camcorder take?

What is the memory on this camera? 2gb, 4gb, 6gb? Can you buy a bigger memory stick for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Personally I did a good bit of reading about the camera before buying one just before summer and came to the conclusion the VholdR ContourHD 1080p was the best man for the job. I do a lot of kayaking in the winter and wanted something waterproof (this is when you buy the housing), Full hd, 60fps shooting and the best quality for price.

I found from all the reviews that this camera beat the go pro by a wee bit. The gopro seems to be far more mainstream though so I'd advise really do your homework for the exact purpose you need the camera.

Both are great choices!

To answer your questions (you should have just googled it for those specific questions!!)

* Resolution: 5 megapixel
    * Capture Modes: Single shot, photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 secs.; 3 photo burst; self-timer
    * Memory: SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
    * Average recording times with 32GB SD card:

Make sure you have somewhere to charge your camera or at least have some spare batteries specific to the camera :)
    Hope that helped

Advertisement