Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Road Trip Southern Wales/South West England

• 02-09-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m planning a trip around the Bristol Estuary and back (ie Fishguard/Pembroke through Southern Wales, Bristol, Bath, Cornwall, Devon). I’m planning to go for 1 week within the middle of the present month (Sept 2010). I’m presently compiling my own internet research for the trip. In the meantime, if anyone with experience has any specific do’s and don’t’s for the region, I am all ears.

All opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I haven't a lot to offer here but Bath is well worth a visit. While there a visit to Longleat is a good day out. While in Cornwall another good day out is The Eden Project.
    If by chance you sailed to France this year with IrishFerries then you should contact them reguarding a free (off peak) return trip to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Went there this year. In Cornwall St Ives is tops. Newquay also good but busier. Padstow for Rick Stein and all that - nice place anyway. The Minack Theatre, spectacular setting, Lands End worth a look.

Most of the other stuff we did was kids stuff which may not be of interest but overall could highly recommend it.

Advertisement