Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knee high boots?

• 02-09-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi All,

Following on from the chat about knee high and over the knee boots for winter..i would love to get in on this trend but i find it very hard to get knee high boots to fit me calf's! has anybody any suggestions where i could pick up a nice pair that would have wider fitting,,obviously without costing a fortune. cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You could try Duo Boots who do wide fittings.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 rtunes

Have you tried Clarke's - they have a bit of room in them. Got a pair years ago and they lasted me 3 winters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Following on from the chat about knee high and over the knee boots for winter..i would love to get in on this trend but i find it very hard to get knee high boots to fit me calf's! has anybody any suggestions where i could pick up a nice pair that would have wider fitting,,obviously without costing a fortune. cheers :)

I have the same problem!! Damn muscular legs. I got a nice pair of plain black knee highs in Evans last year, and they are wider fitting. Most other places I try, they just won't zip up over the calf :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Yep thats my problem..i can get them up so far and then they wont budge. I mite try evans, i never think of evans. Iv looked on duo boots and they are fab but so expensive..i was hoping to pick up a pair for under 120 euros or that. Thanks for all the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Same problem here, disproportionately big calves:( (and wide feet) I have a few pairs of dr marten knee high boots (not the lace type btw) and they are a goodish fit but no extra room. Have a pair of Next wide fit boots-good, a pair of clarkes-good. Also a couple of pairs from New Look(they also do a wide fit) Also if you are looking for ugg type boots, skechers do a "spacious high" and a "spacious low" shearling boot, both have loads of room to spare on me and thats saying something! I got them on special on Amazon for about €25 each. Actually Amazon is a good place to look for boots, and the reviews often say whether they are wide fitting or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have the same problem!

I also have disproportionately narrow ankles so boots don't sit right on me :(

Evans have some lovely boots at the moment though, I'd say definitely look there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Bought mine with Simply Be or one of them. Simply measure your calf with a measuring tape and they tell you whether you need E EE or EEE etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BAv

Almost all the knee boots on Next's site come in normal or wide fit, and are quite reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I was looking in Clarkes the other day and noticed the boots have wider fit versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

New Look do a 'wide fit' shoe, so maybe they do something for boots?
    Not to sure thought but worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

+ 1 for Evans and Simply be, also give M&S a go. I got a fab pait last year. thry do a wide calf on some boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Updating:
    Mrs. Goat who usually has issues getting boots to fit was pleasently supprised by the new fittings of the boots in M&S. Obviously someone in their purchasing department realised that a bigger calf size boot means more sales.
    Sadly it cost me oodles of cash as she bought two pair. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

fendigal wrote: »
    Yep thats my problem..i can get them up so far and then they wont budge. I mite try evans, i never think of evans. Iv looked on duo boots and they are fab but so expensive..i was hoping to pick up a pair for under 120 euros or that. Thanks for all the replies

duo boots can at times be expensive - but they last.
    I've currently got on a pair of plain black knee highs I bought from them 2 years ago - they are just like new. I have bought boots in evans and have had to throw them out after a few months, so sometimes its better to stump up the cash.

Also sign up for their newsletter, cos they have sales throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

thanks for all d replies..il try m&s for definate so! duoboots do look fab alrite,if all else fails i may just have 2 stretch the budget a bit :) Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Great information here, thanks.

I'm another one with wider calves than the standard fit.

I have seen the exact boots I want in the So Fabolous range in the Littlewoods catalogue.

I'm a size 5 maybe a 4 sometimes, slightly wide fitting foot and wide calves.

Of course buying boots online is a risk and I know I can return them.

Can anyone who has bought shoes / boots from So Fabulous advise
    me on how much wider than standard fit they are

( I refuse to say wider than normal, because wider than the standard
    fit, is pretty normal).

Advertisement