Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capital Kebabs v Charcoal grill

Options
  • 02-09-2010 12:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone tried Capital and what ya think. tried it, finding it hard to decide if its better then charcoal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Charcoal is better ldo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Capitol sees to be cheaper and the food is the same in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Aren't they owned by the same people?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

no, charcoals old chef went out by himself and couple of the staff followed him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Where is Capital Kebabs located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Must try Capital out, very hard to beat Charcoal Grill though.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I was in Capital Kebabs a few weeks ago and I so wasn't impressed. I'm not a great fan of Charocoal but it's way nicer than the new place.
    The waitress in Capital kept forgetting our order and when I asked what was in the veggie burger (was in the mood for one) she told me it was just salad. Turned out it was a proper veggie burger with salad on top. It was gross too, really really greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

They all taste the same when you are drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Where is Capital Kebabs located?

Eglington St. beside to pool hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

ErnieBert wrote: »
    They all taste the same when you are drunk.

Ah I don't know. You know the old mantra; a Galway person will crawl, drunk as a skunk at 3am in the freezing cold just to go to the "real Charcoal" by the Corn Store. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The handy thing about kebabs is that they taste the same on the way down as they do on the way back up again. Charcoal Grill FTW BTW...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

galwayrush wrote: »
    Must try Capital out, very hard to beat Charcoal Grill though.:cool:

If you think charcoal is hard to beat you must try kebabs in any other city in europe to be honest. It's overrated garbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

forget capital and forget charcoal

the best kebab in galway can be found at the kebab house on dominic street.

can't be beaten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

kebab house they dont even use proper doner, eww. there more like abrakebabra cheap cheap meat

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Kebab House FTW, though I really like Capital Kebabs so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually as a former fan of Charcoal grill in Cross street I have to say it's really gone down hill. I went there Saturday for the first time in a few weeks and felt sick as a dog after it. Mind you I was sober and it was 4pm so maybe you need a heap of drink in you to enjoy it :D
    Must try Capital so this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Ah I don't know. You know the old mantra; a Galway person will crawl, drunk as a skunk at 3am in the freezing cold just to go to the "real Charcoal" by the Corn Store. :D

you would want to be pissed to pay those prices. 7 euro for a kebab! its supposed to e a snack. for taht monet you would get a meal at supermacs or macdo.
    they also charge you a euro to sit down

Kebab House FTW, though I really like Capital Kebabs so far.

abrakebabra had its own unique keab, which was tasty in it sown way.

kebab house does good kebabs and if made properly u wont need a fork

kebab house they dont even use proper doner, eww. there more like abrakebabra cheap cheap meat

which is why very much eat a kebab while sober

forget capital and forget charcoal

the best kebab in galway can be found at the kebab house on dominic street.

can't be beaten.

Oh dear, I hope you're being sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had a Capitol recently and it's streets ahead of charcoal. they use proper flat bread that they make on site, they use good lamb meat, everything is fresh. closest thing to zaytoon (near whelans in Dublin) I've had. Probably just as good as zaytoon or Alkebabish in Athlone. And their large is more than a meal in itself.

Def go there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Charcoal is terrible, I know it happens everywhere that the local chippie hailed as the best thing ever but no, just no. Kebab hut is very nice, but pretty much everywhere in town is better than charcoal and probably cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Can't beat Kebabush in Shepherds Bush after the Walkabout

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a chips in pitta from Capital lastnight, seriously impressed with the bread, not the plain pittas of Charcoal, chips were fresh and service was good and not the testosterone fuelled madness of charcoal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I like Charcoal Grill so much I wouldn't leave it. I eat there with or without drink beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'm used to be a major Charcoal fan (they knew my order...!), but have moved to Capital Kebabs. Their food is superior, better service and cheaper prices.
    Had a chips in pitta from Capital lastnight, seriously impressed with the bread, not the plain pittas of Charcoal

Yeah they make their own "Pitta" fresh in-shop now, big oven thing behind the counter. It's more like naan bread.

Try their "Salad on Pitta", it's only €3.90 and you get a serious helping of all salad with cheese (not always though) and garlic and chilli sauce. Like a big kebab, without the meat. The chilli there is spicier than Charcoals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Oh dear, I hope you're being sarcastic.

If you've ever had the chicken kebab you would know they were being serious.
    Would never have another donor kebab (be it chicken or lamb) ever again.
    I know charcoal do a chicken shish but it just aint as good.

Also, have to agree with charcoal on cross street. Was in there wednesday night and got taco fries that were seriously undercooked. Had about 4 chips in the hope they all werent raw but twas not to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

To echo many above, Charcoal is tasty but a bit pricey (not OTT though).
    Haven't tried Capital yet. Looking forward to a feed there!:D
    As to Galway's best kebab shop, it was Anatolia by a looong shot.

I tried Capital a few weeks ago for the first time. Admittedly I wasn't hungry enough for a kebab, but I went for a doner burger and fries. Found it much drier and not nearly as nice as Charcoal. I had good expectations too considering all the good things I'd heard on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

went to capital tonight after being a loyal charcoal customer food imo is the same but cheaper so i will be converting most likely

Advertisement