Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capital Kebabs v Charcoal grill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Was always a bit unsure bout capital, just assumed it was another tacky kebab place tryin to squeeze into Galway. I gotta say this thread persuaded me to give Capital a chance tonight and I must admit, I was impressed! Large taco fries was 80c cheaper than charcoal and tasted the exact same! A fine big portion too. Doner burger only 2 quid as well on top of it... :) Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

As above, this thread has convinced me to head into town for a few mid-afternoon pints with a kebab from Capital after. I love the kebabs you get in Germany (with the 'bread pitta') so hope I won't be disappointed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I tried Capital a few weeks ago for the first time. Admittedly I wasn't hungry enough for a kebab, but I went for a doner burger and fries. Found it much drier and not nearly as nice as Charcoal. I had good expectations too considering all the good things I'd heard on here.

Seriously, go back and get a large kebab with everything and make sure to get a pickled chilli with it.
    No need for chips with it, you'll struggle to finish the kebab itself.

Really good kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Capital is better in my opinion.
    Bigger portions, cheaper, nice pretty lamps and tastier!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

As above, this thread has convinced me to head into town for a few mid-afternoon pints with a kebab from Capital after. I love the kebabs you get in Germany (with the 'bread pitta') so hope I won't be disappointed!
    Had an awesome kebab in Frankfurt last year, big homemade bread pitta.Oh the memories. Think its why i way prefer Capital to Charcoals frozen pitta offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cotzie32

Ya got curry chips there from the one on cross street paddy's day around 6, I had had a few pints and they were muck, half cooked.....really put me off charcoal.....
    Think I will give capital a go....
    But the a shish kebab from charcoal is hard to beat...
    One thing for sure a good kebab is hard to find in the UK, anyone I have tried were muck....
    Kebab shop in ennis is muck too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Ah I don't know. You know the old mantra; a Galway person will crawl, drunk as a skunk at 3am in the freezing cold just to go to the "real Charcoal" by the Corn Store. :D
    I was that soldier more than once, ah the days.

I haven't had a kebab in ages come to think of it. Time was i couldn't go a weekend without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The Charcoal half pounder with cheese is a thing of greasy beauty.

Hope this helps

Advertisement