Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC told me "no Digital+ in SCR area" !

• 02-09-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi - anyone aware of this? Just rang Chorus or UPC or whoever they are to buy Digital TV with the "+" box and he told me that "+" wasn't available in my area (I live just off the south circular road). Sound ridiculous? I already have Choris broadband - would that make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

From my experience with callcenters: ring again and you will get mostlikely someone different and hopefully a different information. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

He's talking bollocks, I'm on Courtbrack Ave and I have the + box installed and working fine. In fact if I remember correctly I was contacted by chorus/upc to be informed that it was available in the area, and asked if I wanted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

Ye're both right! I rang back and got a different guy who actually went to the trouble of double-checking my address. No problems. Just ordered it including the +box. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

im living in rhebogue and cant get upc broadband or + box.eventually got peeved off with them and switched to Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

im living in rhebogue and cant get upc broadband or + box.eventually got peeved off with them and switched to Sky.

I've had this issue with UPC before,apparently it was all down to the "wiring" that was laid when the estates were built.
    Its entirely up to management companies to rectify this with upc,I miss having their broadband :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

I wouldn't wish Chorus/NTL/UPC or whatever the hell they go by nowadays on my worst enemy. They are notorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

jamezy wrote: »
    I wouldn't wish Chorus/NTL/UPC or whatever the hell they go by nowadays on my worst enemy. They are notorious.
    they are notorious for what?
    providing high speed broadband or perhaps notorious for giving value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ziggystar

Would have to agree the broadband is excellent, but the TV package is rubbish, software on the digital is brutal, not a patch on Sky, I moved from sky last year and will be going back once my 12 months were over. pity sky are not allowed to do the broadband here in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

ziggystar wrote: »
    Would have to agree the broadband is excellent, but the TV package is rubbish, software on the digital is brutal, not a patch on Sky, I moved from sky last year and will be going back once my 12 months were over. pity sky are not allowed to do the broadband here in ireland

Of course sky are allowed to do the same thing no-one is stopping them.. they won't do it which is a different thing altogether from not being allowed. The HD box I have is fine and includes setanta Ireland and Espn. but You Are entitled to Your Opinion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

ziggystar wrote: »

Sky can do whatever they want.
    Sky just aren't willing to spend the hundreds of millions that UPC have in the last few years to lay a cable network that can offer (soon) 100MB BB.
    Even in England Sky don't have their own Network.
    They're a reseller of DSL broadband, so even if Sky ever did decide to come into the Irish market, it would effectively be Eircom BB with a Sky name, and Sky's unique brand of customer "service".
    I prefer not to pay for my service calls thank you.

But of course if they did come in with the same sevice as Eircom with the Sky name, everyone would say that it's great cause it's Sky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement