Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood pellets!

• 02-09-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hello all,
    looking to get 3 or 4 ton of bulk/blown in pellets for the upcoming winter. Anyone got any idea of cost for this year? Or recommend a supplier in the leinster area? Need to be good quality though as my SH(i)T :D boiler auger is very temperamental..

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

My brother got a load from D-Pellets during the week for EUR 195 per tonne, Leinster pellets are around the same price.

I've come across that problem with the SHT before, same problem on the Extraflame TP30 (made by SHT). The motor is not powerful enough in some occasions when a hard pellet gets caught against the rotary valve. If you put a higher ouput capacitor on the motor it should give you an extra kick during the initial start phase when the motor is under most pressure. I have seen that some of the newer models have a larger motor on them.

Hope this helps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

My last 3 loads have been from Dpellet. I have an opop boiler/outdoor JFC silo. I have had no issues with them only that delivery to the Galway area dont happen unless they have a full truck going that way and that can a few weeks to organise.

Otherwise they seem a decent pellet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

If you are in the Galway area then Firestixx in Bunratty could be a good bet, TimberPro will also come across to Galway. Both Firestixx and TimberPro are using Portlaoise Sawmills Wood Pellets - excellent quality

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Does anyone know if suppliers are still insisting on the minimum bulk delivery being 3 ton or if there are any who will deliver less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 b.g.p

Hi Gears
    seems to be every one wants to deliver 3 tonne min. but from my expierence if your bin will only take 2.5 when they get there they generally dont make a fuss about it, just dont ring up and say u want 2 tonne or chances are they wont deliver unless they are passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭billy_beckham

:D Got 3.7 ton blown in.. €777! Bring it on winter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Who did you go with for supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Hi there. I'm pricing at the moment and prices are mad. Where did you get the 3.7 price from? Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭billy_beckham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I just ordered from my usual suppliers and noticed that the price has snuck up over the summer, when did that happen??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

No6 wrote: »
    I just ordered from my usual suppliers and noticed that the price has snuck up over the summer, when did that happen??:eek:

Presumably the crowd in Fermanagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Officer Dibble

Hi, Im looking at getting 3+ tons in and the quotes I am getting per ton are;
    Balcas 198 or 224.73incVAT
    Dpellet 185 or 210 inc VAT
    I've always gone with Balcas before and the product seems good, although I did get one dusty load once, and I've not been too keen about the price differential between Sterling and Euro (mark up of 25/30% for crossing the border)
    Anyone here know anything about Dpellet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 milanac

+ 1... can you post/pm your supplier? Were you happy with pellet quality

Tks...

J

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

210 from Dpellet is very good. I was always a balcas purchaser but when i got a cheaper quote i offered them a chance to match my price. They practically said tough. So i took my purchase elsewhere.

Advertisement