Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breitling Watch Service

• 02-09-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I got a Breitling Navitimer Heritage a few years back and I was told when I bought it I should get it serviced every 3 years or so.

I brought it into Paul Sheeran Jewellers in Dublin who are an official Breitling Distributor. They said they could give it a full service on site but that it would take up to 10 weeks and would cost €350.

This doesn't seem the best deal in the world. Do these watches really need to be serviced at all or is it just a money making exercise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I think you might find that THIS forum is a better place for an answer.

/Waves to the Mods of W&T. If I'm wrong then bounce the post back to me in F&A.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

PH4T wrote: »
    I got a Breitling Navitimer Heritage a few years back and I was told when I bought it I should get it serviced every 3 years or so.

I brought it into Paul Sheeran Jewellers in Dublin who are an official Breitling Distributor. They said they could give it a full service on site but that it would take up to 10 weeks and would cost €350.

This doesn't seem the best deal in the world. Do these watches really need to be serviced at all or is it just a money making exercise?

I've got my Omega Seamaster serviced by Emily @ www.watchrepairs.ie and for 110 euro I've got:

- Complete disassembly, cleaning, re-assembly and re- oiling.
    - Timing and adjustment of movement to manufacturing specifications.
    - Cleaning / refurbishing of case, and bracelet
    - Water-resistant test

The price is including also the shipment.
    I'm waiting for her to send me the watch (she has even regulated my Seiko Monster *for free*) before to write a full review here.
    I can honestly tell that you cannot get a better price anywhere, so you might want to give her a ring, she does the full service above also on Breitling.
    can you post a pic of your watch? just out of curiosity (I love Breitling)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Blackpitts wrote: »
    can you post a pic of your watch? just out of curiosity (I love Breitling)

Cheers will be interested to hear how you get on with www.watchrepairs.ie

My Breitling is this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

Cheers will be interested to hear how you get on with www.watchrepairs.ie

will do
    My Breitling is this one.

Lovely!
    I had a Cosmonaute and now i have this A23322
    http://i.imagehost.org/view/0873/IMG_7198

Blackpitts wrote: »
    Lovely!
    I had a Cosmonaute and now i have this A23322
    http://i.imagehost.org/view/0873/IMG_7198

Yeah I think the Navitimer Heritage has one of the nicest faces of any watch I have seen. I like the way the bezel is the same colour as the face while in most Navitimers the bezel is white.

Not overly gone on the strap, would prefer something a bit chunkier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yeah I think the Navitimer Heritage has one of the nicest faces of any watch I have seen. I like the way the bezel is the same colour as the face while in most Navitimers the bezel is white.

Not overly gone on the strap, would prefer something a bit chunkier.
    Recently I got a Breitling Chronomat, as a gift from my company.
    Has papers and spare stuff, etc.
    I wasn't overly gone on the strap either, so I had the strap replaced with a nice brown leather strap. Nice chunky watch and chunky strap.
    I was not a guy who generally wears watches, but I am now!
    It does feel weird walking around with 3 or 4 grand on my wrist.
    I wear it working which involved a couple of rides in the back of a heli a month so I do feel like an aviation pro and not just a fashion Breitlinger!

:pac:

Anyways I know I won't be dropping 350 to get it serviced. 100 sounds more like a real figure.

Fuzzy wrote: »
    I wasn't overly gone on the strap either, so I had the strap replaced with a nice brown leather strap. Nice chunky watch and chunky strap.

Where did you get the alternative strap? Is it an official Breitling strap?

As far as I know some of the watches have been designed to take multiple straps and some haven't. Think mine is in the latter category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I got mine off a local leatherworker. Took a day to make it, and he made it to fit. Its not an official strap though.

Fuzzy wrote: »
    I got mine off a local leatherworker. Took a day to make it, and he made it to fit. Its not an official strap though.

Interesting, could you post up a pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sheerans wont do it on site they will send it to breitling uk and the price sounds about right, your watch will come back in as new condition from them.

however you dont need to get it done every 3 years, if the watch isnt keeping good time thats an indication it needs to be serviced, every 5 years would be more normal and even at that it may not need it,

id be careful about getting it done somewhere else if you dont know the horologist or dont have examples of their work, but if you can get someone reliable ands trustworthy there is no need to involve breitling uk :)

the movement in most breitlings is a reworked eta so most horologists worth their salt should be able to service it, case refinishing is trickier to do right

• Advertisement
Advertisement