Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOLEN: Felt f65

• 02-09-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

same as this one (not mine but a friends)
    http://roadcyclingtips.com/2009-felt-f65-d/

ultrega groupset with distinctive yellow bar tape

stolen yesterday in ballsbridge between 4-6pm from underground carpark in Herbert Park Hotel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 liam.C

Any help with recovering this bike would be much appreciated,
    Stolen on wednesday 03/09/10 from ballsbridge.

Felt f65

check out image on the 'euro baby euro cycle' website for details,
    there fairly recogniseable.

Black racing bike,

please be on the lookout if some scumbag tries to sell it on,
    either get back to me here or call your local garda.

thanks,
    liam.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged - I am guessing these are the same bike!

Beasty

yes same bike,
    i didnt realise someone had put the word out for me,
    cheers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭bikenut

This is happening a lot from underground carparks in the area (so bad that Donnybrook Garda Stn actually wrote to our mgt company to enquire about the number of bikes that've been stolen from our carpark in the last year asking if they'd mind installing CCTV cameras

Do you have any CCTV? Apparently a common trick is to drive in pretending to be a plumber/painter/gas man whatever and load the bikes into the back of the van.

Most recently though we had a guy walk in at 18:00 and undo the quick release on a bike locked by front wheel only (I know!) and replace it with the front wheel of another bike.

Hope you're lucky and find this (I'll keep a look out) but I think these bikes are being shipped out of the country (the good ones anyway) via some sort of criminal gang / network (that's my conspiracy theory anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

OP, did you lock the bike in the cage? I ask as I lock my bike in same carpark but use the cage.

Nearly sure there's CCTV down there

• Advertisement

No,
    i locked the bike beside the cage as it was full at the time,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryan0380

There is one of these for sale in adverts with yellow bar tape and it's goin for 700 euro, looks like he is in a hurry to sell too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

That is a FeltF5 for sale, and the seller does not appeat to be in a excessive rush to sell. One of two bidders (me included) we offering to buy tomorrow (Wednesday) but he is selling to someone who can only collect it on Friday. He also included a picture which shows his own wheels on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Oldlegs wrote: »
    That is a FeltF5 for sale, and the seller does not appeat to be in a excessive rush to sell. One of two bidders (me included) we offering to buy tomorrow (Wednesday) but he is selling to someone who can only collect it on Friday. He also included a picture which shows his own wheels on it.

http://www.adverts.ie/289468/bikes/felt-f65-size-l-final-offer-price-700/

Looks very F65 ish to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

My fault. You are right.

F5 is for sale on boards, but it is defo a black F65 with yellow tape on adverts.

So much for my trying to be helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I think that guy was selling that bike for a month before Liam's was stolen though...

http://www.adverts.ie/271838/bikes/felt-f65-racer-size-large-as-new-price-drop/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 langst de vaart

just to clarify, the F65 for sale on adverts.ie is my bike and is a size 58 not 56 as per Liam's. I have paid reciept etc and it was advertised prior to Liams bike being stolen,

thanks..

ps I now have sale agreed on my bike.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for it lads,
    just to ad to langst post, yes its the same type of bike (felt f65)- different size.

My bike is still out there,

The person who stole it also,
    but hopefully not for long as he'll be facing the courts soon.
    special thanks to the gardai involved.

Advertisement