Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography forum terrible Moderation

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the photography forum for a week recently, after I posted in a thread - where I was called 'retarded' - to respond, after a Mod had simply warned to not go off topic.

I was banned while the guy who labelled me retarded remained, without warning.

I put it to them at the time that they singled me out, but after failing to gt anyone to see my point of view on the matter, I accepted the week ban and served it.

I've done what they asked of me, I've stayed on topic and not insulted anyone since being back. i am always helpful to newer members and I give all the advice that I can, within my own limitations.

Yesterday things kicked off again, the usual members in there stirring it up, looking for responses etc ... I just happened to entertain them mild, humorous responses - no malice, no insults, no swearing, nothing of the sort.

A mod entered and warned people to stay on topic, I did. I even 'thanked' her post to show I agreed, as I felt others were as much if not more to blame than myself.

I got a pm from a Mod, Caban Sail, later telling me off and saying he didn't like my 'posting style' - what?? I asked him to specify what rules I had broken to deserve a warning and he didn't respond, but today he did, with a one month ban!?!? A one month ban for no reason, other than he and the other Mods don't like how I post.

Seriously, that is the only reason given. He said he's had reports from other members ... ok, reporting other members is supposed to be reserved for when a memeber is actually breaking the rules, or neing insulting or blatantly spamming. I was none of these, I was simply responding to other members who were obviously trying to rile me up.

I reported 3 posts which I found offensive and nothing was done about it. They completely ignored my reports. There is favouritism afoot in there and every time there's any kind of debate or argument, I'm made their scapegoat. I challenge any of them to point to one post where I broke one rule.

This, I feel, is completely unfair. A one month ban for nothing, only I don't seem to post how they'd like me to.

Can an Admin please look deep into this because I definitely feel singled out on this one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have already looked into your contribution to that forum.
    The mods have bent over backwards trying to explain to you how the forum works.
    You have ignored all advice.
    Most mods on this site wouldn't go to that trouble. Nor would we ask them to.

When a user on this site causes the moderators more work then they should. When that contribution is of little or no benefit to that forums community, then it is better to remove that user for the good of the whole.

The ban stands and is not up for discussion.
    If the Mods allow you back on their forum again, it's your last chance.
    Next ban will be permanent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement