Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on what grants i'm intitled to and how to apply.

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hey I'm heading back to college, going to do an honors degree, i already have a ordinary degree so I'll be jumping into the 3 year of the honors degree.
    I didn't have to apply through cao just contacted the college and there sorting it out.

I'm 23 and will be classified as a mature student, I'm just wondering am i entitled to any grants?

Maybe mature student etc?
    The course is a full time engineering course.
    I know from when i was in college some of the students got a grant because there parents earned under a certain wage etc.

Could anyone help me out, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Try this website: www.studentfinance.ie
    Good luck with the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I think the closing date for the grant for academic year 2010/2011 was 31st Aug!

Most people start applying back in June/July - you are allowed apply before being made an offer.

Best call your local council to check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

redout wrote: »
    I think the closing date for the grant for academic year 2010/2011 was 31st Aug!

This is true but a lot of county councils will accept late applications

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement