Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sockets in Kitchen not Working

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

The sockets in my kitchen have stopped working, I've checked the fuses on the main board and their fine.

does anyone have any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

jacknife wrote: »
    The sockets in my kitchen have stopped working, I've checked the fuses on the main board and their fine.

If your fuse board has a trip switch try flicking that on/off. If that fails then i suggest you call an electrician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

could be a contact problem on a radial if nothings down

get a sparkie

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

M cebee , where are you based. Are you any good at programming velux windows. I want to program 6 windows on the 1 remote control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

jacknife wrote: »

Are they fuses or trip switches. If they are fuses how did you check them. Sometimes the visual pip at the back of the fuse stays in position even after the fuse goes. If trip switches they can on rare occasions be tripped but the switch stays up. Turn off and back on. Other than that its possibly a loose connection and a sparks job to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Could be faulty mcb either,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Indeed, or a connection thereof.

Have a sparky look at it OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

Your best off getting a qualified electrician to look at it, it could be one of several areas.

Advertisement