Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August issues of the Kildare Post

Options
  • 02-09-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I was wondering if anybody happened to have a copy of the Kildare Post from
    17 August 2010 (or around that date). There is a story in there I need, but I the Kildare Post does not keep older issues on file. Any help is much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Strange they don't keep file copies. Have you tried a local library?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Of course they keep files. They won't give you one of their file copies, but they will photocopy the page for you if you ask nicely I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

They are legally "obliged" (that being a soft interpretation) to keep file copies of every edition of the paper and (i think) also obliged to sent a copy to their local library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pears are delicious

@lenny lovett - yes i thought that was strange too. i called them to ask if they thought the library would have any copies and they said they doubted it, but i will check anyways! thanks!

@southofnowhere - yes i asked someone working there if they had old issues, she said no and was not sure of anybody that did. she then said she'd email me a copy of the story i needed, but i am still waiting for a response. i may call again, thanks for the suggestion!

@IRE60 - good thinking, i will follow up again and ask if she is completely sure she does not have older issues and check out the library today. thank you!

Advertisement