Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the pain this weekend?

• 02-09-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I'm having withdrawal symptoms now that the swords league is over and feeling good after burying myself in the Comeraghs last weekend so I don't want to put the season to an end just yet.

I can't get out of work in time to make the Mondello race tonight to sate my appetite for speed and pain.

Are there any open races (A4) around Leinster this weekend or a good sportive I can blast around with a decent group? I can't find anything on the CI calendar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

41792_149511421743998_752_n.jpg

There's this one.....I can't but I know others who are doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

No A1 races - bohoo!

You have an A4 stage race in Charlville and I think BETTY DARCY in Gorey too.

I wonder could I pretend to be an A2 :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The M9 Sportive is on. I'd imagine it'll be a hammerfest so would suit.

[edit] Beaten to it, silly picture in GIHTH's post didn't show up in work for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Anyone thinking of the Gorey 3 Day next Easter should try the Betty Darcy Memorial in Gorey. Its basically a rerun of the Sunday afternoon stage. 4 x 15mile laps of the Craanford circuit for A2/3s with a KOH prime on one of the laps through Craanford village. Same start and finish as Gorey 3 day AFAIK.

The A4 race is 3 laps with a KOH prime on lap 2.

Generally the hardest stage of the Gorey or at least the one with most abandons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ramco

@King Kelly whats the K.O.H in Craanford like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

It certainly sounds tempting and I think a stage race like the Gorey will be a goal for next year so I think I'll give it a go.

Is it more of a power climb than a climbers climb? 3% max on mapmyride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Hill is only about 800m long and last 300 is quite steep but nothing too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Definitely a power climb. Probably closer to 6-8% for the steep 300m part though. Too short for map my ride to make an accurate gradient estimate. Its a real wearing down circuit. Several main road drags and shorter steeper pulls on the back road. Select group left by lap 4 I'd imagine.

Advertisement