Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Nursing not what I want to do!

• 02-09-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey

Back in March I applied for Laboratory Technique and put Pre-Nursing as my second choice but sadly for me, my 1st choice didnt go ahead as there wasnt enough people.

Im now stuck with Pre-Nursing as well as the work experience. I know Im going to hate it but will stick it out.Im also repeating my Leaving Cert english.

Have I other options for college besides Nursing when I finish??

Any help is great!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Where are you based ? You could check out other FE colleges that offer the Lab Techniques course.

Re other progression routes check out the FETAC section of the CAO and the list of entry requirements for different courses. It generally depends on what you want to do in IoT or University as most Science courses require Science modules incl.Chemistry and Physics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Hun,
    If you know instinctively that the pre nursing is not for you then don't do it just TO DO something. There are options. :cool:
    You sound very ambitious and have a lot on your plate with the L.C English exam.
    Go easy on yourself and try not to panic yourself silly.

Nursing of any level should not be taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

go for it and try to enjoy it! i did it last year and found social studies really interesting, had my heart set on general nursing before this. its a great course. do your work experience anywhere does not have to be in hospital setting. i worked with disabled adults in day care setting and with children, keep an open mind.best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

You can apply for level 6 & 7 courses in institutes of technology under the FETAC Pilot scheme - see http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2010.pdf . It doesn't matter what your level 5 course is in, you get 50 points for each distinction, 35 for a merit and 20 for a pass. 8 modules are used to calculate the points, so you can get a maximum of 400 CAO points. I'd say check out your CAO options now, finish the course and use it to apply for something you'd like to do.

Advertisement