Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: NUI Maynooth website outage

Options
  • 02-09-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

For those of you who aren't on the CC-NOTICES mailing list
    The University web server is scheduled to be upgraded on Monday, 6th September at 09:30 am: this will take approximately 2 hours. During the upgrade, there will be outages affecting the university website, www.nuim.ie, as well as most of the departmental websites.

For further information and updates, please see:
    http://www.nuim.ie/outage/

Dervilla McKeith
    Systems and Network Manager

Moodle should be unaffected (Since its on different servers), but just thought that its better to warn every one before the usual panic ensues.

Of course if you want to join the CC-NOTICES list, you can by going to
    https://list.nuim.ie/mailman/listinfo/cc-notices

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

fuuuuu.jpg70440-fuuuuuu.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Can't access the outage page :(

For computer geeks like myself, what exactly are they doing ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

cian1500ww wrote: »

Probably some sort of preparation work for online registration Thursday the 9th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Alt_Grrr tripped and headbutted one of the servers. I saw it. Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Liber8or wrote: »
    Probably some sort of preparation work for online registration Thursday the 9th of September.

I wouldn't say so, that's not really a heavy server load job since everyone registers in their own sweet time.
    banquo wrote: »
    Alt_Grrr tripped and headbutted one of the servers. I saw it. Fact.

I didn't do anything, I'm just passing on the message.
    cian1500ww wrote: »

I'm not sure, They could be finally moving it to the new server room (In what was the old reception in the Computer Centres Building) The new server room of course having many advantages such as industrial air conditioning (Computers tend to get hot) and an electrical back up system, featuring a huge generator.

They could also be moving the various websites over to a new machine, since the old hardware might be considered to be no longer up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

It's been postponed until the 9th,

The upgrade of the University Web server originally scheduled for Monday 06 September has been postponed to Thursday, 09 September 2010 at 09:30. The upgrade will take aproximately 2 hours and, during that time, there will be outages affecting the university website, www.nuim.ie, as well as most of the departmental websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

postponed till the 9th...the day we have to register online. oh NUIM, where do you get your humour from??

Advertisement