Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing recycling bank dumped on my property, bogus company?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Cregan Country park trust, can't find them anywhere. Has anyone heard of them? .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,326 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Call the AGS.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thread moved to consumer issues. (Hope this is ok mods)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Who are the AGS? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I think it means the Gardaí. I'd ring my local Litter Warden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Freiheit wrote: »
    Who are the AGS? thanks

An Garda Síochána - otherwise known as your local friendly police force.

Illegal dumping is exactly that - illegal. Plus, masquerading as a charity is also illegal (if that is indeed what this organisation is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Cregan Country park trust, can't find them anywhere. Has anyone heard of them? .

there is a Creggan Park in Derry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

OP, are you sure that first word isn't Creggan? If you substitute Creggan for Cregan you'll get a few hits, but maybe that creates more potential problems.

Yes it is Creggan but no hits for the Trust part. Rang the company , (only a mobile number quoted, no landline and not listed in telephone directory) on the fourth attempt they answered. Claimed it was a mistake, that their driver must have erred and that they would contact him. But I don't think I buy that. Told them that if it is still there by lunch time tommorrow I will have it removed. In the meantime removed the posters attached and painted over the 'clothing depot' sign.My sister is a garda and she said it wouldn't really be a matter for them though.

I can't believe their story as I can't find any reference to the company. There is a green area on my site and they left it there, roadside. Scoundrels.

Oh and a charity number is quoted, apparently there is no register of chairities in Ireland so charity numbers have no validitiy.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can't believe their story as I can't find any reference to the company. There is a green area on my site and they left it there, roadside. Scoundrels.
    That's terrible. How big and heavy is it? Contact your local skip company, and see how much they'd remove it for you.

• Advertisement

It's similar to that photo yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Must have gone back to Lithuania so. Donate it to a proper clothing charity.

Paint over the bogus signage and ring the real lads like Enable Ireland and tell them you are donating it, they can collect. :)

Advertisement