Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amazon.co.uk

• 02-09-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I'm having issues trying to buy something through amazon.co.uk today. When I goto confirm my delivery address, it continues to the next page but throws up this error. Is anyone else having this issue?

It doesn't appear to be straight forward to contact Amazon Tech Support. The submission form is looking for an order #, which I don't yet have as I can't submit my order.

Cheers!

We're sorry!

There was an internal error in our system. We logged the problem and will investigate it later. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

continue-shopping._V192188120_.gif on the Amazon.co.uk home page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I think it's because they don't deliver electronic items to Ireland, only books, CDs, games & DVDs. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think it's because they don't deliver electronic items to Ireland, only books, CDs, games & DVDs. I could be wrong though.

I'd say they would give a message stating that if that was the case rather than an internal error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I buy electronics from them all the time - but only when it's Amazon themselves (free shipping over £25).

Was the item direct from Amazon, or a reseller on Amazon? Sometimes the resellers don't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

JDxtra wrote: »
    I buy electronics from them all the time - but only when it's Amazon themselves (free shipping over £25).

Was the item direct from Amazon, or a reseller on Amazon? Sometimes the resellers don't ship to Ireland.

Nope, it says is being despatched and sold by amazon.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MAK

I've been having the same problem since earlier this evening. There's nothing unusual about my order. Have tried different browsers, different machines, but no joy. I do think this is a problem at Amazon's end.

1-click ordering does (did) work, but if your order qualifies for free delivery, 1-click help says that you can change the delivery method (from standard to free) within 30 mins. However, when I tried this the 'change delivery method' option did not work, so I can cancelled the order (and had to remember all the items and re-add them to basket). When cancelling the order, I explained why (all the above), so maybe someone might see that there is a problem... eventually.

Anyway, hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and will be resolved soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

MAK wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem since earlier this evening. There's nothing unusual about my order. Have tried different browsers, different machines, but no joy. I do think this is a problem at Amazon's end.

1-click ordering does (did) work, but if your order qualifies for free delivery, 1-click help says that you can change the delivery method (from standard to free) within 30 mins. However, when I tried this the 'change delivery method' option did not work, so I can cancelled the order (and had to remember all the items and re-add them to basket). When cancelling the order, I explained why (all the above), so maybe someone might see that there is a problem... eventually.

Anyway, hopefully this is just a temporary glitch and will be resolved soon...

Cheers MAK. I clicked '1-click' ordering and it took me straight to the final stage of confirming my cc details. I confirmed it and order was accepted.

I'm really surprised amazon haven't sorted this out, time is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

After receiving a few unhelpful auto-responses from Amazon.co.uk consumer care I finally got a proper reply saying they are aware of the problem in getting certain electronics, including Laptops, shipped to Ireland and are working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MAK

After receiving a few unhelpful auto-responses from Amazon.co.uk consumer care I finally got a proper reply saying they are aware of the problem in getting certain electronics, including Laptops, shipped to Ireland and are working on it.

That's starting to make sense: I tried going through the order I wanted to place, andding items one by one. It was a SatNav that was causing the issue. Tried a different electronics item (a NAS) but that was fine...

BTW, I got around my problem by actually calling them on Saturday morning. they couldn't resolve the issue there and then, so, while on the phone to them, I went the 1-click route and they changed the delivery option to Super Saver Free Delivery for me.

Advertisement