Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying within the week what do ye think?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey guys ive got my final build that i will be buying within a week (or two depending on when the intel i7 950 drops at pixmania)
    This Finalbuild.jpg is it, i will be buying these off of dell as well, what do ye think is it good? il be either adding another gtx 460 around xmas or buying one of the new radeon hd 6 series cards also will the 64 gig ssd be enough for windows 7 64 bit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Wait a while and grab the 950 when it drops price, you'll thank me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

any idea what its going to drop to? im actually waiting to see whether pixmania will drop it below 300 as thats where my CPU budget is right now, i think i saw a 950 on elara.ie for 300 is that a good site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Haven't used it myself but I heard it's good, you'd want to wait for opinions from people who've actually used them though.

ya i see this up there, but wont be in stock till the 10th which probably means October :rolleyes: , you know of any other place selling them at reasonable prices?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

will the 64 gig ssd be enough for windows 7 64 bit?

Yep, my C Drive is about 27Gb with a few third party drivers and Win 7 64bit installed.

• Advertisement

great :) just out of interest how much faster will the ssd make everything? ive heard its meant to really speed things up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

great :) just out of interest how much faster will the ssd make everything? ive heard its meant to really speed things up

Lots. Exactly figures I cannot give you yet as am waiting on a Corsair F40 Force from Ebuyer myself. :)

Actually SSD prices seem a little on the high side high on pixmania so I would shop round a bit perhaps.

could you link me some 64 gig ssd's that are cheaper (except for ebay because in the last month ive gotten a mouse that doesnt work as well as some other stuff so im staying away from ebay and pc parts :))

could you link me some 64 gig ssd's that are cheaper (except for ebay because in the last month ive gotten a mouse that doesnt work as well as some other stuff so im staying away from ebay and pc parts :))

The same drive works out about 109 on ebuyer compared to 133 on pixmania, but would may want to be getting othetr stuff with it to make the shipping cost worth your while.

Considering you could get a vastly superior 60gb Corsair Force F60 or 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 from ebuyer for about 141 and 148 euro respectively it makes paying 133 for the Onyx seem a bit of a waste.

If you want to go cheaper rather than dearer the Kingston 64GB SSDNow V is also about 91.3022 EUR on Ebuyer.

whats the postage like on ebuyer for 1 item? i also thought they didnt ship to ireland?

• Advertisement

whats the postage like on ebuyer for 1 item? i also thought they didnt ship to ireland?

9.99 GBP. They ship to Ireland alright just don't make it particularly easy. I have heard it said that it was only possible using Google Checkout but I was able to order using Paypal checkout no problems (And I don't recall ever doing any paypal verification or anything like that).

Advertisement