Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to find birth father

Options
  • 02-09-2010 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all first time poster

im wondering if any 1 on here can help me first things first i'm not adopted but my father left when i was 2 years old and now 23years later i would like to try and find him any info on how to do this would be greatfull
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Hi crybeen,

Is your fathers name on your birth Cert? Were your parents married? I'm no expert by any means but if your parents weren't married then I suppose I would suggest seeing if he did marry by going into the research room in the irish life mall. The trace guides on the stickys will help with that.

If you find a marriage for him then that might give you a more recent address so you could use the electoral roll or even the phone book to see if he's still there. :)

Advertisement