Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Out Of Contract Megapack Offer in Galway

Options
  • 02-09-2010 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I have been told that the Eirgrid mast in An Spidéal county Galway is being taken down owing to a decision by An Bord Pleanála. Every single mobile signal and 3g bb signal for miles around comes from this mast.

Of course were anybody a customer of any mobile network on the takedown date ( sometime in the next 2-3 months) their contract would be void seeing as the operator cannot provide the service.

Eirgrid would have informed their clients ( 3 Meteor Vodafone and O2 by now).

If you are planning on getting a shiny new contract iphone over the next few months maybe you should consider getting it from an An Spidéal address. ...and then wait for the inevitable breach of contract :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lol Bob, that's great but how do you suggest they make phone calls on their shiny iphone4's?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I only suggested they acquire a billing address out there not actually move there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I might actually move there, A land with no phone calls, it's my heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

do you not need a proof address if your in a contract (ie. esb bill or some other billing statement) or does this only apply when your entering a contract for your new shinny iPhone? :D:D
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I only suggested they acquire a billing address out there not actually move there

do you not need a proof address if your in a contract

Move your existing contract there which is proof enough. POA is required for new contracts all right, 'utility' would be esb or another mobile phone network out there , no gas or upc . Driving licence of course :)

Then avail of your 'upgrade' if any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

To be honest I think you jumping the gun here,

Operators would of been given prior notice of this, considering 4 Operators are on it they will most likely pool together for another mast, 2 day outage max to move equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I doubt it somehow. Have there been any new planning applications for masts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

All masts coming down? Am I missing something here? It looks like there are a few.. or are they all the one?

http://www.comreg.ie/licensing_and_services/siteviewer.554.443.html

jBitK.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are all co located on the one mast.

Week commencing 11 October is the date for this I was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'm sure the networks will sort something.

Mast Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They can track where you use the phone, so if you use the phone in Dublin and say you're in Spiddel, they will know you're not experiencing dropped coverage/no coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dohainmhire

When will this issue be resolved. I had 96% signal and download speeds of around 4Mbps......gone down to 1.3 now. Still ok speed but compared to 4 its crap. why did they take it down in the first place?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I might actually move there, A land with no phone calls, it's my heaven.

Until you need to order a pizza :D

Advertisement