Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved thread

Options
  • 02-09-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be in here or Feedback so if it's in the wrong place feel free to move it.

My question is this: If I start a thread and it's moved to another forum can I ask for it to be closed as I wouldn't necessarily want it discussed in its new home?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi Monkeybonkers.

Here's the perfect place to ask.

There isn't a hard and fast rule on this one. What I suggest if this happens is that you send a PM to the mods in the forum it's been moved to and make the request. Or perhaps click the "report this post" button on your own opening post and include the request and reason that way. Really, when people reply to a thread you've started, it's no longer "your" thread but mods are reasonable people and if there's a reasonable reason for the request and a small number of replies they're more likely to grant the request. No definites mind you but if there's a good enough reason for asking and it isn't just because people disagree with whatever's put in the OP (not that you're suggesting anything like this), I'm sure you'd be listened to. I've seen threads closed several times on various forums with a simple "closed at OP's request" reason included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Thanks for that sceptre. It's just that a few times I've seen it happen and even though the OP came out and said on the thread that they didn't want it moved or discussed in the place it was moved to, it was still left open.
    I only frequent a few forums and wouldn't particularly want to discuss stuff with people on forums I never look at, if my thread happened to be moved there.
    sceptre wrote: »
    mods are reasonable people and if there's a reasonable reason for the request and a small number of replies they're more likely to grant the request. No definites mind you but if there's a good enough reason

That's a whole lot of reasons, albeit reasonable ones :pac: :P

Advertisement