Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Y & T are playing the village-for all you old 80s heads!

Options
  • 02-09-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

To all you 80s coffin dodgers, I just spotted that Y & T are playing here on the 28th, havent heard from them in years.

If you dont know them, have a listen to this and then try to get the song out of your head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7kEBIRNHNo

Y & T

The Village

Dublin
    Tue 28 Sep 2010, 19:30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

If they're still as good today as that song suggests then I'll have to be heading to this. I love 70s/80s heavy metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

If they're still as good today as that song suggests then I'll have to be heading to this. I love 70s/80s heavy metal.

They are ... last years gig in The Village was excellent and Im defo going back for this one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

The new album "Facemelter" is excellent. Got my tickets to the Belfast gig and the Dublin gig and if they are half as good as they were at Download in June, then it will be some show. Pity Phil is missing due to his illness, hope he gets better soon \m/

The new album "Facemelter" is excellent. Got my tickets to the Belfast gig and the Dublin gig and if they are half as good as they were at Download in June, then it will be some show. Pity Phil is missing due to his illness, hope he gets better soon \m/

+1 .. well said man

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Can't wait, really looking forward to this. They have some rock classics, Forever, I believe in you, Rescue me, Meanstreak.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Actually I'm in Dublin that night and might head to this, not much els on I'm afraid, not familiar with their stuff - anyone want to burn something for me!:eek:

Next week .... facemelting guitar solos on standby ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

RayCon wrote: »
    Next week .... facemelting guitar solos on standby ...

Can't wait - this is gonna be a cracking gig......:D

Yep, counting the days now.
    Anyone into good hard rock will love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Technically they were the first band band I ever saw live, supporting AC/DC waaaay back! It's been a long time between gigs, but the wait is nearly over...

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    Technically they were the first band band I ever saw live, supporting AC/DC waaaay back! ...

RDS - For Those About To Rock tour , '82 ?

Not long too go now, roll on Tuesday:D

Any idea if anybody is playing support?

Niall06 wrote: »
    Any idea if anybody is playing support?

Stormzone I think ....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Dammit, it really sucks that they're playing the same night as Destroyer 666/Watain ! I guess it's not usual to listen to black metal AND 80's hard rock, but still :/

Anyway, I saw them this summer at Hellfest, they were really awesome, all the more when you know how old they are :p Aaaah it's really a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Was at the Belfast gig last night. An absolute stormer. Brilliant show and great craic with the band at the start when there was a bit of amp trouble.

Don't miss tonight folks, you're in for a treat \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Lookin' forward to this. Any idea of stage times for Dublin? Should be a good one.

Was at the Belfast gig last night. An absolute stormer. Brilliant show and great craic with the band at the start when there was a bit of amp trouble.

Don't miss tonight folks, you're in for a treat \m/

can't wait - yeah the stage times would be handy......if this isn't sold out it may get some stranded folks from the Watain gig that's now cancelled.....

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

That's a fair assumption to make. If I manage to get my hands on a ticket, I'll most definitely be there, since the Watain/D666 bus broke down :/

Edit : oh, and the doors are at 19.30, so I guess stage won't be much later.

What a great night. Band seemed to really be enjoying themselvs.
    The new stuff of the CD sounded really good live.

Also never get tired of hearing classics like "I believe in you" & Forever".

Fantastic gig and can't wait for next year.

Niall06 wrote: »
    What a great night. Band seemed to really be enjoying themselvs.
    The new stuff of the CD sounded really good live.

Also never get tired of hearing classics like "I believe in you" & Forever".

Fantastic gig and can't wait for next year.

Superb gig Niall, enjoyed every minute of it........

"I Believe In You" was simply stunning.........hopefully they come back on a weekend night when they place will be full.....a band that good deserves to play to full houses......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I didn't see them last year, so I don't know how the gig compares to that one (couple of mates who were there said it wasn't quite as good, that the setlist was a bit better then), but I thought they were great. Still can't figure out how they aren't a little more popular, they looked to be thoroughly enjoying themselves and Dave's voice still sounds great. If they make good on their promise to come back every year, I'll be there!

Advertisement